Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-11, 13:36

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess H
I have Dr. Atkins New Revolution book an it says free foods cheese, meat, eggs. Page 94. Nothing about 4 oz of cheese. It says less then 20 g of carb a day. Is this the old version?

Yes. You have the 1992 version. I have that as well, and you are correct that he lists cheese as unlimited in that one. I also have the 2002 version and in that one he limits the cheese to 3-4 oz per day and the cream to 2-3 tablespoons per day.

That said, the first two times I did Atkins I lost to goal eating all the cheese/dairy I wanted and I know it was a lot. Not sure why I can't have it now. So what I'm saying is that it may not be the dairy - but it <could> be the dairy. It could also be that you are eating too many cals....or it could also be some other food intolerance. It could be the almonds. It could be any number of things. The only thing to do is tweak here and there and see what happens. Believe me, I didn't want to give up my dairy, but when I did the scale started moving again, which made it much easier.

This is why Atkins has the carb ladder....so that you add foods individually (and carbs incrementally), one at a time to determine if one causes you to stop losing weight or causes symptoms. The second rung of the ladder is to add more dairy. Nuts come in rung 3. I see that you have Atkins/Primal Blueprint listed as your plan, so I don't know if you did Atkins induction properly. If you're only 12 days in and eating nuts I would guess not. So that would be my first recommendation. Do the full 14 days of induction and then slowly climb the carb ladder adding in one new food at a time. It works. This is how I found out about my dairy intolerance because I had a bad reaction to yogurt and cottage cheese (admittedly I continued to eat other dairy for years).