Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#376   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 16:51

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Warriors...

Thanks for the congratulations on the 2 years in maintenance!
So grateful to have found you guys and this WOE!

I had a nice girls day out today. Two of my friends who I used to work with met up with me and we talked for hours! One is still working and the other is retired. There’s always stuff to talk about when we get together. The one still working updated us on what’s going on at the old work place. Interesting! Sometimes I miss my job, but mostly I dont. It was highly stressful the way they ran the place. The job itself wasn’t bad and I had a lot of friends there, but it was a government job and let’s just say there were way too many people in charge.

I think DDIL might try to work from home and quit her job. I can’t do infant care for them anymore. It’s expensive so she’s going to try and work at home now that they have three little ones. We’ll see how that goes.

Hope you are all having a great day! Warrior on....

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Thu, Jan-04-18 at 17:26.
Sponsored Links
  #377   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-18, 20:36

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

DSS still fighting to get better! I see some improvement!

DS joined health club been running to help feel better! Hard when you child hurts but you can’t fix anything just luv them through!

De.... So glad you were able to spend time with friends! So important to maintain those relationships! It hard to work with 3 little ones. DD could not do it without working from home! I couldn’t do another infant again.
Jo... Glad you enjoying be back at school! Grandkiddies don’t go back till next Monday! They ready!
Hello Karen!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #378   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-18, 04:09
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Friday, 5 January 2018

G' Friday Mornin', Warriors!!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally FAB-tastic day in every way possible! Take some time this w/e to just take care of YOU!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
Avoid excuses & maintain positive beliefs and attitudes towards your environment & what you perceive as ‘barriers’!
(For example, “I can always make time for what is most important to me” versus, “I don’t have time to measure/weigh my food,” etc.)

~ Tony Venuto

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Thanks for the congratulations on the 2 years in maintenance!
So grateful to have found you guys and this WOE!
You've done über terrific with your WOE! Like I said, we're living "the dream!"

Imma so glad we found each other too!
Quote:
I had a nice girls day out today. Two of my friends who I used to work with met up with me and we talked for hours! One is still working and the other is retired. There’s always stuff to talk about when we get together. The one still working updated us on what’s going on at the old work place. Interesting! Sometimes I miss my job, but mostly I dont. It was highly stressful the way they ran the place. The job itself wasn’t bad and I had a lot of friends there, but it was a government job and let’s just say there were way too many people in charge.
Sounds like you had a great time with your friends. I totally understand the "too many people in charge" comment!
Quote:
I think DDIL might try to work from home and quit her job. I can’t do infant care for them anymore. It’s expensive so she’s going to try and work at home now that they have three little ones. We’ll see how that goes.
What kind of "at-home" work is she looking at? Yeah, childcare is expensive, good childcare even more so!

Imma glad you're not doing the infant/childcare gig... I know how stressful that was for you!
Quote:
Hope you are all having a great day! Warrior on....
Thanks and you too, girlie!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
How is everyone doing today?
Imma doing super duper fab-tastic, hope you are doing the same!
Quote:
DSS still fighting to get better! I see some improvement!
That's great news! Hope he recovers quickly!
Quote:
DS joined health club been running to help feel better! Hard when you child hurts but you can’t fix anything just luv them through!
Yep all you can do is love 'em and be there for 'em...
Quote:
Jo... Glad you enjoying be back at school! Grandkiddies don’t go back till next Monday! They ready!
Lots of my kids were ready as well! It's so good to be back!
Quote:
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too!

Karen:
Hope you're doing well and staying warm what with that storm attacking the East coast! I know you must be miserable b/c you don't like it THAT cold!!!!
  #379   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-18, 06:27

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO ya hit the nail on the head. this cold is just plain stupid but I have to live thru it, no choice right now ya know HA

The winter storms around the North are just crazy. I know so many have it worse than me with the big snows etc and I best just take my super cold weather and shut up at this point!

Hey, get this, today is 2 hr school delay. Morning is 'too cold' so they delayed it by 2 hrs and we are about 5 deg out there.....if they do this now and all about the cold mornings, wow, she is gonna have alot of delay time happening this winter I think

DE, I don't know how I missed the 2 yr anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!!
Infant care, woof. I hear ya on that one. I have no desire for a baby all day long at all, now, a few hrs to cuddle, sure but true all day care I couldn't handle at all now. I hope all that works out for her!

Bernie I hope things are going well on your end. I hope everyone is improving thru their tough times.

Hey all
nothing major today
cold as usual now and just stinks but just wait it out cause seasons change!!

2 hr school delay cause it is 5 deg. outside. Yup, they do this down here in the South LOL

Will do some chores and junk and I think today I am going to hit the treadmill and do some high incline walking, I am missing my mountain hikes and come early early spring it is time to go mt hiking again. I will let ya know if I survive the treadmill HA

great day warriors!!!
  #380   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 06:13

BF:

good morning everyone

a do nothing day here
little of this and that
cold as usual

hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!

food today, not sure. my mind is on soup. but in a way I hate soup LOL probably just the cold

have a great day warriors!
  #381   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 06:59
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Saturday, 6 January 2018

G' Saturday Mornin', Warriors!!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

The difference between SUCCESSFUL & UNSUCCESSFUL people is that successful people are willing TO DO what unsuccessful people ARE NOT!
~ EM Gray

Not too much happening here... SOSAD for the w/e. You all KWIM about working on the w/e "to-do" list, etc, such is life! Truly, I can't complain, everything is going well in my life!

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO ya hit the nail on the head. this cold is just plain stupid but I have to live thru it, no choice right now ya know HA
Yep, yep I know what you mean! You could always MOVE to warmer climates...
Quote:
The winter storms around the North are just crazy. I know so many have it worse than me with the big snows etc and I best just take my super cold weather and shut up at this point!
I've been seeing the weather reports for those winter storms...BBBrrrrrrrr is all I can add to that!
Quote:
Hey, get this, today is 2 hr school delay. Morning is 'too cold' so they delayed it by 2 hrs and we are about 5 deg out there.....if they do this now and all about the cold mornings, wow, she is gonna have alot of delay time happening this winter I think
Mayhaps this winter storm is just a fluke... hey better 2 hr delay than canceling the day all together where she'd have to make 'em up...KWIM???

Better safe than sorry when it comes to the safety, etc of our students!
Quote:
a do nothing day here
little of this and that
Sounds like the kinda day Imma gonna have... but seriously, it's all GOOD: NO drama, NO stress, etc! Who could ask for anything more???
  #382   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 07:29

BF:

oh boy JO do I hear ya on no drama and BS in the day
I would take a boring easy kinda day then anything with drama or horror in it

Yea the 2 hr delay has got to be all about not making up days. Nice thing is the day counts and all....so yea I guess it is better than the other!!

JO do you drink coffee? just wondering, I think you do.
I am wanting something hot to drink but am not liking tea anymore. I hate coffee. I think that might be why soup is on my mind.......hey maybe sip some broth? hmm...might work for me. This cold makes me think coffee but I just can't handle the taste...but broth...ok I might have a hot sip sub here.
  #383   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 07:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
oh boy JO do I hear ya on no drama and BS in the day
I would take a boring easy kinda day then anything with drama or horror in it
Probably the BIGGEST reasons I don't have any drama or stress is b/c I live alone... who am I gonna have drama and stress with? Lil Chico dog agrees with everything I say and do!

Only drama or stress would be at school... I DON'T let it get to me at ALL. B/c Imma sitting perty in the cat bird seat... I can tell 'em ANYTIME to take this job and shove it! KWIM, since I can retire anytime I want! Very nice place to be!
Quote:
JO do you drink coffee? just wondering, I think you do.
I am wanting something hot to drink but am not liking tea anymore. I hate coffee. I think that might be why soup is on my mind.......hey maybe sip some broth? hmm...might work for me. This cold makes me think coffee but I just can't handle the taste...but broth...ok I might have a hot sip sub here.
Yeppers I drink coffee (hot during the winter and iced during the rest of the year) first thing in the morning. I don't drink it all day long like some folks do.

When it's cold I also drink hot black tea during the day. I have an electric kettle at school and a tea pot. So I make several pots during the school day.

During the hot part of the year, Imma cold water drinker these days (I have RO water at home ~ I don't buy bottled water)... I may have a dt Dr. Pepper like once every several weeks, but that's rare too...

Lemme know if you find a carb-free broth out there that's low sodium... b/c I haven't found one unless I make my own... haven't done that in ages...
  #384   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 08:24

BF:

Yea that is my problem.
I hate 'canned broth' and such so I am not sure what to do cause I ain't making it from scratch! That ain't gonna happen!
I don't like it cause it has a funky taste when bought if ya ask me but if Mom makes like, beef noodle soup, OMG her broth is delish but I ain't going there ever, not a cook and won't ever be LOL

what is RO water?

We have a well. oh gosh our water is delish and fab. beats bottled water taste

You sound set up good with your hot drinks you like, or cold when needed.

I kinda am out of the liquid loop cause I don't really enjoy any of them oh well, maybe that is life telling me to forget about it!!

and it is winter so my mind is thinking ANYTHING hot would be great right now

You are so in the cat bird seat cause if drama hits at work you can walk. That is a wonderful place to be. Not the 'I must work or lose my lifestyle' but you are sitting in that zone of 'as long as I enjoy this I will continue'....oh yea nice place to be!!

and Chico, do ya fight with him? HA HA HA and if ya do I bet he wins every time LOL
  #385   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 08:42
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Yea that is my problem.
I hate 'canned broth' and such so I am not sure what to do cause I ain't making it from scratch! That ain't gonna happen!
I don't like it cause it has a funky taste when bought if ya ask me but if Mom makes like, beef noodle soup, OMG her broth is delish but I ain't going there ever, not a cook and won't ever be LOL
For me, it's the amount of sodium processed products have... I haven't checked in a good long while to see if they've reduced even more the sodium content of broth...
Quote:
what is RO water?
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a water purification technology that uses a semipermeable membrane to remove ions, molecules, and larger particles from drinking water.

In reverse osmosis, an applied pressure is used to overcome osmotic pressure, a colligative property, that is driven by chemical potential differences of the solvent, a thermodynamic parameter.

Reverse osmosis can remove many types of dissolved and suspended species from water, including bacteria, and is used in both industrial processes and the production of potable water.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_osmosis

It was already installed in my kitchen sink when I bought the house along with a water softening system (we have HARD water here ~ YUCK!).

Every 18 mons, I have a service person come in to replace the filters, check the systems etc. Costs me around $75 for the 18 mon visit. Generally, it's a yearly visit. But since it's only me, I don't have to have the filters replaced that often.

I have to buy softener salt, it's really cheap for my water softening system. So I ain't complainin'!

From what I understand, bottled water is just RO water...so Imma saving the environment since I don't have to dispose of plastic water bottles and big $$$$$ using my RO system!
Quote:
We have a well. oh gosh our water is delish and fab. beats bottled water taste
We had a well at my old house, but it didn't taste that good to me...so we bought 10 gallon bottles of water...
Quote:
You sound set up good with your hot drinks you like, or cold when needed.
Yeah, and remember I cheap-azz..er...hmmmm... FRUGAL, black tea is cheap and coffee is too!
Quote:
I kinda am out of the liquid loop cause I don't really enjoy any of them oh well, maybe that is life telling me to forget about it!!
So what do you drink when it's hot???
Quote:
and it is winter so my mind is thinking ANYTHING hot would be great right now
I'd say hot choc'late, but THAT ain't LC AT ALL! Even the sugar free ones are high in carbs...
Quote:
You are so in the cat bird seat cause if drama hits at work you can walk. That is a wonderful place to be. Not the 'I must work or lose my lifestyle' but you are sitting in that zone of 'as long as I enjoy this I will continue'....oh yea nice place to be!!
Yeppers! I mean there's still the crap/BS about all the evaluation paperwork and hours spent doing that... but I REALLY love teaching the kiddos, so gotta take that little bit of BS with the GOOD, right?
Quote:
and Chico, do ya fight with him? HA HA HA and if ya do I bet he wins every time LOL
Well, see he's spoiled ROTTEN...so yeah, when we fight...he WINS hands down or is that PAWS down????
  #386   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 08:55

BF:

oh you got the whole system set up in your home already! Cool.

and that price is nothing compared to having great water and it is serviced for you also....good deal if ya ask me

You know I have a very old box of 'light Swiss Miss hot choc' up in the cabinet. 4 carbs per package. Haven't touched it in years (I assume it would still be ok with all the chem. shelf life HA)....what is scaring me is getting that TASTE of chocolate back in my life. I have been hemming and hawing on throwing it and heck it ain't that good anway so I will throw it out today.

I truly don't think I can go down this road. Allow that taste back ever. I think I kept it cause it was a 'maybe wanna be' later but I realize I can't touch it, so that is out. I can't kid me anymore I guess. I have eyed it, thought about drinking it but haven't so I think in the end I know the way to go on this one, every time I see it in the cabinet I want it but hold off. There is a reason for that holding off Cause I know me

I drink water.
and more water.
and more water basically LOL

and it is PAWS down he wins!!! My little guy is spoiled rotten also and wins most times also and a few times when I have to win he gets 'ticked off' and I can see it in his eyes for sure LOL
I know he is telling me to go to he11, you human you! HA HA

I will have to think on it, I just feel I wish I could have more drinks in my life. But I don't like them or the diet soda just throws a bloat onto me that is horrible....it is like I can't win on this one
  #387   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 11:23

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Morning All...

Happy Weekend!!! Not much going on. I stayed up really late into the wee hours putting my holiday decorations away. I babysat for a couple hours yesterday while DDIL took the baby for an appointment. He’s doing well. Gaining weight good. He’s a good nurser.

Nothing much else happening right now.

We also have an RO system in our home. I drink water and decaf coffee throughout the day.

Our weather has been pretty good here. Yesterday it was warm enough out without a jacket or sweater. I don’t mind the weather here except summer when it’s too hot.

Enjoy the weekend. Warrior on...
  #388   ^
Old Sat, Jan-06-18, 16:58

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

I am here crazy 😜 busy with all the drama in my life with my kiddos! Staying warrior strong despite the stress! Not even a desire or craving to touch carbs!

Hoping for a normal day tomorrow and catch up on all the posts!
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #389   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 05:19
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Sunday, 7 January 2018

G' Mornin', Warriors!!

Yehaaaa! All the Warriors posted yesterday!

Hope all is well with you and yours and wishing you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Do NOT reward yourself with FOOD, you are NOT a DOG!
~ unknown

Before I do personals, I just wanted to start my post off with this:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Berni!

Love ya, girlie! Hope you have the best B'day EVER!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program..er...hmmmm post!

Karen:
Quote:
oh you got the whole system set up in your home already! Cool.

and that price is nothing compared to having great water and it is serviced for you also....good deal if ya ask me
Yeppers, the system was already here when I moved in... it costs about 3 - 4 grand to get both systems installed, so I was lucky I didn't have to purchase it!

Some people don't have the $$$$ up front to purchase them so they lease them at around $125-150 a month forever!
Quote:
You know I have a very old box of 'light Swiss Miss hot choc' up in the cabinet. 4 carbs per package. Haven't touched it in years (I assume it would still be ok with all the chem. shelf life HA)....what is scaring me is getting that TASTE of chocolate back in my life. I have been hemming and hawing on throwing it and heck it ain't that good anway so I will throw it out today.

I truly don't think I can go down this road. Allow that taste back ever. I think I kept it cause it was a 'maybe wanna be' later but I realize I can't touch it, so that is out. I can't kid me anymore I guess. I have eyed it, thought about drinking it but haven't so I think in the end I know the way to go on this one, every time I see it in the cabinet I want it but hold off. There is a reason for that holding off Cause I know me
I hope you did toss that box away!

Four carbs for a beverage seems a tad high to me...esp since I only do 5.5 carbs a day...KWIM?

If I was gonna add 4 more carbs to my daily totals, it would be real food, but that's just me.

And would one cup satisfy you? That would be the next question... and like you said, you've given up the choc'late and don't crave it!

Probably not a good IDEA to reintroduce that back into your WOL and then you wouldn't be our ZC gal no more since you'd be adding the choc'late at 4 carbs a cup!
Quote:
I drink water.
and more water.
and more water basically LOL
Water's good for you and FREE!
Quote:
I will have to think on it, I just feel I wish I could have more drinks in my life. But I don't like them or the diet soda just throws a bloat onto me that is horrible....it is like I can't win on this one
I don't know how to help you out with this dilemma...

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Happy Weekend!!! Not much going on. I stayed up really late into the wee hours putting my holiday decorations away. I babysat for a couple hours yesterday while DDIL took the baby for an appointment. He’s doing well. Gaining weight good. He’s a good nurser.
Wow you have been a busy bee with putting away Holiday decorations and baby sitting the grands!

So good to hear that the lil one is growing like a weed and doing well!
Quote:
Nothing much else happening right now.
That's always good news! Which means to me, NO drama NO stress!
Quote:
We also have an RO system in our home. I drink water and decaf coffee throughout the day.
Just curious, why decaf coffee?
Quote:
Our weather has been pretty good here. Yesterday it was warm enough out without a jacket or sweater. I don’t mind the weather here except summer when it’s too hot.
Ours has been the same... in the afternoon we can go without a sweater or jacket. But it's cold enough in the am that we need coats and sometimes gloves and hats...

Freaky weather if you ask me... it really should be colder here and we are in desperate need of RAIN and more RAIN!!!!!
Quote:
Enjoy the weekend. Warrior on...
Thanks and you too, girlie!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello dear warriors,

I am here crazy 😜 busy with all the drama in my life with my kiddos! Staying warrior strong despite the stress! Not even a desire or craving to touch carbs!
Sorry to hear you are having to deal with the kiddos' drama! Hope everything smooths out for your kiddos real soon!

Woot! Woot! For staying Warrior Strong thru it all... lots of people would run screaming to their "comfort carbs!"

We've seen it play out again and again on this forum... it's a temporary "fix" with no good outcome, JMO!

Eat bad food to feel better then ya feel bad for eating bad food... vicious cycle...
Quote:
Hoping for a normal day tomorrow and catch up on all the posts!
Hope you have a better than normal day too since it's your BIRTHDAY!
  #390   ^
Old Sun, Jan-07-18, 06:33

BF:

yes JO I threw out that nasty old box of diet hot chocolate. I can't bring that taste back. Being zero carb mainly, I would top out at 4 carbs if I drank a cup but I think I would start to crave after that. I don't want to try it to push it even. I don't need it so out it goes, I ain't tempting fate ever. Plus in all honesty that diet stuff is a cheap taste ya know. Not worth it.

I will check broth in the stores and see and if I find one decent I might experiment but at this point I am forgetting it mostly I will survive as I have been, some cold weather ain't gonna make me go to batty on a hot drink LOL

Bernie, Happy Birthday to you Another year under your thumb LOL

So happy you are warrior strong thru all the troubles and drama you guys are having!

DE, just a jacket. Oh yea those were the days. Heck we were in shorts one Christmas long long ago...remember it so well. Weather is freaky for sure. I had to go out and buy a real warm coat...drove me nuts buying it but I had to cause just a jacket wasn't cutting it in this real horrible cold we got now. Sounds like things are going well for you guys!!

Hey all
kinda a do nothing day

have to hit the store and get a bag of alfalfa cubes for the goats.
pasture grass is useless now for them. they have wheat hay I feed them but they are SO OLD now I think they need a bit extra in this super cold weather outside so I will hit them with some great alfalfa, yes they will love me.

might drag kiddo out with me to hit a few nearby stores for some tops. She wants them but won't shop for them so I have to drag her cause I ain't buying her one thing, she hates everything I bring home so I don't do it anymore. You need it, you shop for it now HA---heck she doesn't even need, just wants some new tops. She has tons. Will see if I can drag her out or not today?? doesn't matter either way

trying to get my butt on the treadmill. I ain't doing it. I hate that thing but it would be good to do high incline and walk more for my mt. hikes I want to start in early spring again. I have to talk myself in to getting on that thing darn it! ugh

nothing much more

tuna for lunch today.
ribs for dinner time.

great day to everyone!!