Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 09:16
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

neverwhere-- I don't use a muffin top pan. I start by making six piles (per recipe) on my cookie sheet and then keep adding to each pile until the batter is gone.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 11:05
neverwhere

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Thanks guys!

I'm gonna make these tongiht! One more thing. I want savory so I am omitting splenda. I have chive flavored whipped cream cheese. Is it ok to use whipped or is that the wrong consistency? I have a few ounces left of plain hard blocked cheese, so I could use that anyway...just thought chive might be fun...

Thanks!
  #153   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 11:07

Plan: GEN. LC
Stats: 224.4/214.6/190 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 28%

Just had 4 pieces of Oopsie French Toast. The best part is when there are still chunks of cream cheese in the roll!! It melts up and just adds to the flavor! I have to make more of these today since I'm off. I think I will cut extra tiny pieces of cream cheese to put in them once they are on the sheet.

Neverwhere....I use a silicone mat on 1 cookie sheet and parchment paper on the other since I only have one mat. Don't see why you couldn't just use a well greased cookie sheet though!
  #154   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 11:11
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

Hey, Nicole! As long as you use the correct amount of ounces, whipped to regular doesn't seem to make a difference.

I use a cookie sheet. I'm old-school. LOL

PgHLady-- that sounds terrific!
  #155   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 11:11
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Nicole, it really shouldn't matter as long as its 3 oz. I let my brick soften and it worked just fine. Please let us know how your chive flavored ones work -- that sounds great!
  #156   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 13:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/214/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 26%

I make these constantly now! lol Made two batches last night. One for our burgers and the other to give my boyfriend when he went back to campus. He loves them too! I'm also interested to see how the chive ones came out. Please do let us know, Nicole!
  #157   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 18:42

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 265/230/150 Female 64
BF:42
Progress: 30%

a similar "oopsie" recipe has been around a long time. I have been making this recipe for a while now. I cut the egg yolks down to 2. Here's the link

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136958
  #158   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 18:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/198.7/160 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Stiffening egg whites

[QUOTE=PghLady74]http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2007...revolution.html

I just made these this evening....they are GREAT!!!!!!!
Actually very easy to make if you follow her recipe. I'll add that I used a s/s bowl and put that and the beaters in the freezer for a little bit before doing the whites. Also make sure you do the whites first. If you get any bit of the yolk in twith the whites they will not set up. I took pics but they are too big to post here and I can't find my program on the computer to crop them. but i can give you a link.
[/QU

Question is: are these supposed to be thin after cooked or are they supposed to be puffed enough to slice them in half to use one for a bun?

Because if they are supposed to puff some, I think my whites must not have been stiffened properly. I did it with my mixer,looked stiff, but when I went to mix the two together, there were some in the bottom that were liquidy. Any directions, suggestions on how to do this properly? I used a stainless stell bowl that I had put in freezer to get cold.
  #159   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 18:57
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

I've never sliced mine in half. I've always used two buns per burger.

I would say that you begin by plopping the mixture for the 6 buns on the cookie sheet to build a firm base. With what is left (if runny), you distribute with a spoon among the piles.
  #160   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 19:01

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

oh, another trick... I also make rev pitas...

just spoon flatter and rounder and bigger... I used rosemary in mine and some feta in the mix... YUM!
  #161   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 19:40

Stats: 233/208/185 Male 5'11"
BF:30
Progress: 52%

I tried the oopsie rolls the other day and they surprised me. They're great. I have really missed not having a decent holder food. I still have to refine my folding techniqe a bit I think. Anyway, my question is (I'm sure it has been asked before), how many carbs do they have when they're made with cream cheese? I think the recipe I tried said they had like one carb, but that doesn't sound right.
  #162   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 19:43
neverwhere

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I think it probably is right, seeing as its only 3 oz of cream cheese and 3 eggs to the entire recipie....so maybe 2 carbs per sammy if you are using two buns?

Update for me: was not able to make them tonight, and I am working tomorrow at my night job...but will definately make the chive ones wednesday evening and post pictures for you!

My stepmom was home today, and she's a pain in the butt, likes to look over my shoulder when I am cooking, etc. So I didnt bother with them today She would drive me mad.
  #163   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 19:44
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

The recipe is less than 1 carb per roll, but I round up from .6 and just call it 1.
  #164   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-08, 23:39

Stats: 233/208/185 Male 5'11"
BF:30
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra
The recipe is less than 1 carb per roll, but I round up from .6 and just call it 1.

Thanks. Yeah, you're right. I got home and checked the label. Great recipe.
  #165   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-08, 00:04

Stats: 240/214/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverwhere
My stepmom was home today, and she's a pain in the butt, likes to look over my shoulder when I am cooking, etc. So I didnt bother with them today She would drive me mad.

aww! Hopefully she'll get outta your hair soon, cuz I'm looking forward to hearing about your version! lol