Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-06, 12:29

Plan: ZC
Stats: 173/172.4/140 Female 5 foot, 6 inches
BF:YES
Progress: 2%

Very true... all of you. I think you're right about the water. Woke up this morning and lost 3 lbs. *whew* Only a third of what I gained, but its better than nothing.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-06, 13:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

You'll lose it fast. Just hop back on and don't deviate. I bet within a week it'll be gone. Keep us posted!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Aug-09-06, 20:09

Stats: 188.5/155/112 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 44%
Cool

I always go off "the plan" when I go on vacation...I just get home and go right back on...You will lose it in no time at all...This IS a lifestyle, and a lifestyle includes "choices"...These choices are planned and your getting back to your normal way of eating is also part of the plan...This is certainly not a failure...Life is to be enjoyed...Vacation is a special time and eating off the plan on these occasions is not the end of the world...As long as you understand that these are your "treat" times, and you plunge right back into a LC way of life, you will be okay...
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Aug-10-06, 11:07

Great point Rabbit12. Thank you all.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Aug-12-06, 01:38

Plan: AtkinsPlan
Stats: 265/265/160 Male 5' 8''
BF:
Progress: 0%

It's so simple to give in and just give up (the secret is when we eventually start again we get better and better. I feel guilty when I dream about eating junk food. I wake up thanking god it was only a dream. Days go by and if your not doing what you set your mind to the days will pass regardless until you realize they are passing and if you change, your days will change for the better or worse.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-15-06, 16:30

Plan: Atkins or M&E
Stats: 271/259/190 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalaMom
Very true... all of you. I think you're right about the water. Woke up this morning and lost 3 lbs. *whew* Only a third of what I gained, but its better than nothing.

Haven't seen a post from you in almost a week. I hope that you have been sticking with LC. I also hope that your down at least another 3 pounds this week. Good luck and keep up the good work!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-06, 08:59

Yes, Im now within a little less than two pounds of what I was before I went to Boston. I was 147.8 when I left and now Im 149.6. I don't want to deviate again. I can't help but kick myself every time I think where I would be right now if I wouldn't have "deviated". grrr Oh well! I have a breast augmentation scheduled for 09/08 and I want to be as close to my goal as I can by then. The doctor said that if Im anything more than 10-15 lbs from my goal weight, it can take away from the end result of the surgery. That makes sense because when I lose weight, the first place I lose it is in the breasts so if I continue to lose weight after the surgery I will be losing breast tissue (fat) as well. If Im not within 10-15 lbs of my goal by the surgery, I will discuss with the dr to increase the cc's of saline to anticipate more weight loss after.

Last edited by NalaMom : Wed, Aug-16-06 at 09:29.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-06, 09:06

I have a question since I am new to this WOE... do you (anyone out there) ever wake up and feel soooo flipping skinny, but nothing objectively can confirm that? No actual weight loss or measurement change? Im not knocking it, but wondering why it happens.

Last edited by NalaMom : Wed, Aug-16-06 at 09:30.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-06, 09:33

Stats: 299/268/220 Male 6ft
BF:
Progress: 39%

I think it's a positive attude steming from the changes you have already seen.For what it's worth- I noticed that 2 things led to your weight gain regression. The negitive feedback from peers (peerpreasure) and drinking which lowers self control. If you cut out telling others at these events that you are on Atkins and controling the drinking (or no drinking) then these two regressing factors are elimanated. Also the above advice of eating before you go to the event is good advice. Glad you came through it :-)
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-06, 09:34

I totally agree with you Deanmoore. Luckily I won't have to face either of those negative factors again until December. *whew*
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-06, 18:41
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%
Cool

Quote:
Thank you all. You are all right. It didn't help that my coworkers were being negative about LC and then the drinking... I definitely chose my consequences and I know that I want to get back on track now. Thank goodness I work from home and don't have to be around the negativity except maybe once or twice a year. I will just take this time to prepare for my next "temptation" at our December meeting.
It's gets easier. I just got back from a week's vacation and other than falling off the wagon on the last day, I did okay. I promised myself one treat per day (dessert with dinner), and stuck with my plan other than that. But I've been at this for 2 1/2 years now. So really...it gets easier.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Aug-16-06, 19:10

EXCELLENT job Newbirth. I hope to learn from your example at the end of the year.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-06, 08:19

Plan: Low Carb WOE
Stats: 156/135/135 Female 66 inches
BF:28/17%/19%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I have a question since I am new to this WOE... do you (anyone out there) ever wake up and feel soooo flipping skinny, but nothing objectively can confirm that? No actual weight loss or measurement change? Im not knocking it, but wondering why it happens.

Sometimes (like the last couple of nights) this happened. I just enjoy the feeling and don't try to confirm it. Denial is a beautiful thing

And re: people dissing your WOE...I like the way my SIL handles it. He just tells us he "doesn't eat sweets." His wife tells people the same thing in support of him. HOSTESS says: "Hey, Era didn't have any pie yet!" Sissy says; "No, he doesn't eat sweets." Anyway, I don't know if he's on a diet or not, but I really like the way they handle that. They don't really explain it. I guess they don't feel compelled to! Now that's a thought!!! Don't feel compelled to defend or explain your WOE!!!

I think I'm going to start saying that; "No thanks, I'm not a big bread eater (or sweets eater)."
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-06, 09:21

That is a WONDERFUL idea as well. You all are the best.

PS... I got one.. how about... "No thanx, Im a HUGE carnivore"?
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-06, 18:43

I am officially back to where I was before I went on my trip! WOOHOO!!