Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 19:10

Plan: Atkins Now/ Candidias Control 2003
Stats: 210/203/140
BF:47%
Progress: 10%
Hi Sandy, don't worry about that pound you gained. It could be some muscle since you are swimming and exercising a bit more, or a little retained water. I know what that feels like though, I weigh myself every single day. I also use fitday to watch my carbs and calories, and I have a gym log. All help keep me motivated. Of course the scale does not motivate me, as it doesn't want to budge right now.

Great price for the flight from Florida!! Sure makes it easier to travel. Nice that you and your sisters are taking turns being with your mother.

I hope you enjoyed your low carb brunch with your daughter and her two best friends and your sister!!!

I worked today, then did some cardio....did the recumbant cycle for 20 minutes. My shoulders feel a little stiff from yesterday's weight workout,and I might relax tonight in a bubble bath. Read a good romance, and just take it easy.

Take care, Alice
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 19:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi Alice!!!!
I didn't know you work. What kind of work do you do?
It also sounds like you are getting plenty of exercise !! That should be helpful.
I am glad to know you weigh in every day too. It's just so tempting

It was a nice weekend. I swam today for half an hour. Last night I actually had a date. I don't date much. I have been divorced a long time. He is a really nice guy from work. We are just friends really. We went out to dinner then dancing. The band was really good. I had rack of lamb for dinner which was really good! I cheated a little and had a couple of glasses of wine, but I guess it is okay once in a while.
Hugs
Sandy
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 21:25

Hi Sandy, Cute picture!!

Yes I work.... My husband and I own our own business, we own and operate a motel and apartment complex. After we clean the motel rooms (which can be a workout by itself) , he does renovation's and I do the bookkeeping.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, it's hard work and little pay. So many people think that this is the easy rich life..... and won't believe us when we tell them it isn't.....oh well that's another story.

Since I am my own boss, I can work any time of day I want to...which is nice.

This is my second marriage.... so I know what it's like to be a divorced single mother... can be enough...never mind trying to fit dating into the picture.

Glad you enjoyed your evening with your friend. Yummers... a rack of lamb sounds so good. I haven't enjoyed lamb for ages and ages.

Glad to see you are keepin up with the exercise. I didn't do any today.... thought I would give my body a rest

Take care
Alice
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 01:55

BF:

Hi Alice
A day of rest from the exercise is good. I take a few too many of those

I can't wait to start losing pounds again. It's been a while. Still haven't measured, but my daughter says I look thinner. I did manage to get into a pair of shorts that were too tight at the beginning of the summer!

Take care
Sandy
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jul-23-02, 21:23

Hi Sandy, Boy I can't believe this, just thought I would check my scale again to see if the 44% BMI was correct....... well it isn't.

It actually is now 43% Can you believe it. I had to double check it, and sure enough 43%. Wow.

Yet the inches and the pounds aren't moving right now. I guess I am really building up my muscles and getting rid of that nasty fat.

Glad your daughter has noticed you getting thinner. That is such positive feedback. Congrats.

Do you work outside your home? How is the weather in Chicago right now? We just had a thunder and lightening storm without the rain. I hope no forest fires got started from it. That can happen so easily here in the mountains.

Hugs
Alice
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 02:29

BF:

(((((Alice)))))
Is 43 percent BMI good or bad?
Well hang in there, I know you are doing things right. I'm not losing weight either! But we feel good, right? My energy level is incredible!!!!!

I do work outsidee the home. I am a chauffeur!!! It is like a limo driver but it is a small Lincoln town car sedan. It is a lot of fun but sometimes long hours -- yesterday I worked 16 hours!!! But usually I work about 10 hours.

Take care
Sandy
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 17:45

BMI stands for Body mass index.... and it measures the amount of your Body Fat in your system. So the higher the number the fatter you are.

That is how I understand it.

I was 47% body fat, now 43% body fat, and one day I will be 25% body fat, hopefully 21%.

So, yes 43% is good, since it is coming down for me, but its a really high nasty number.

Cool job... a chauffer!! Wow, you must met some really interesting people.

Glad to hear you have a high energy level. Isn't that wonderful. You feel like you can take on the world. Way to go.

I ate something that has upset my tummy today. I ended up getting sick...so I am not feeling too great right now. Oh well, I will just sip on water the rest of the day, and hopefully feel better tomorrow.

Take care
Alice
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 20:26

BF:

Hi ALice
Hope you're feeling better by now!!
I think owning a motel would be really cool, but I would be afraid if really sleazy people wanted to stay there - I mean how do you turn them down?

We are going camping again this weekend. I must be nuts, because it is really really hot and muggy out. The place we are going has a pool and a lake though so it should be fun.

I'm really proud of you on the BMI. That's great!! I am noticing I look better but just slightly.
Hugs
Sandy
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 14:55

Hi Sandy, Hope you had a great time camping this weekend. I sometimes wish I could take off during the summer to go to the lake , but alas, I can't.

As for sleazy people at the motel, our high prices keep most away. If we figure we might have trouble, we tell them our rules,and if they don't like it they can leave. Most run because of the price though.

hugs
Alice
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 02:00

BF:
Wink

Cool about the high price keeping the creeps away!
We ended up not going camping - it poured. So we did the Museum of Science and Industry, and an arcade. This weather is so typical of July. Hot and sticky and thunderstorms.
I feel like my appetite is going up, but I lost a pound, so I am not complaining!!!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 22:58

Hi Sandy, Too bad your camping trip got cancelled due to the lousy weather. Nice that you had some fun alternatives to do.

Great news about you losing some more weight!!! That is totally terrific!!!

I lost another % of body fat. Its now down to 42%

I have been extra hungry these days too. Wonder if it has to do with the cooler weather. Our heat wave is definately gone, but we aren't into the rain yet.

take care
Alice
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 01:55

BF:

Hey, ALice, congrats on the perceentage going down!
I've been extra hungry lately too - I wonder why! Also, the finger that I broke 3 months ago has been really hurting - wonder if it's all the rain! Maybe it already has arthritis. I hope not.

I started these extra vitamins - they're supposed to help if you are "metabolically resistant" to losing weight. I think you and I would both qualify here!!!

Anyways it is CoQ10 and L-carnitine. I will let you know if it works - I started them yesterday. They are really expensive!!!

Hugs
Sandy
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 08:10

Hi Sandy, Hope your finger feels better today. When I get extra aches and pains, I take MSM, its a sulfer and it helps rid your body of toxins, and all the aches and pains disappear!! Ususally 1000 mg a day, (one capsule) does the trick.

I am glad to see you are taking vitamins now. Let me know if they work, I take CoQ10, but I don't take L-carnitine. Would be terrific if they help with weight loss. I know I have a metabolism problem for sure.

I am still eating like crazy, and the water weight is falling off. I snuck back up to 183, I thought because of exercising,but since I have been eating so much, it has gone back down to 179. I think I will continue eating tons, and perhaps the weight will go down further. I hope

Take care
Alice
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 19:16

BF:

Hi Alice!!!!!!!!!
I may go to the doctor about my finger. It is not hurting horribly, just a little, but since I broke it May 27 I figure it should be better by now That MSM stuff - I have heard of it. SO it works? Cool.

I'm glad the weight came right back off! That's a relief. Just the fact that you are so persistent, I know it's going to work! I had a huge case of the hungries today. I hope the CoQ10 and L-Carnitine are not causing my appetite to go up!!!

Our weather has still been incredible hot, how about yours?

Take care
Sandy
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 08:20

Hi Sandy, I am so sorry your finger still hurts....yes then its a good idea to have the doctor check it out... yes MSM really works for me.

I get arthritis in my fingers and hips, but when I take the MSM the pains go away, I end up feeling so young again

We have very very cold weather right now. THe sky is blue,but you have to wear pants not shorts,and long sleeved shirts, especially in the evening. The strangest weather we have ever had. I am almost sure it would snow, if it gets any colder. For heavens sake its August not October. Isn't that awful.

I dropped another pound...I am at 178 now. I haven't checked the body fat, today, but I am trying not to do that every day.

I hope the CoQ10 and L-Carnitine isn't increasing your appetite, that wouldn't be too good. Well... if you can eat more steak with butter on it, it would be good As long as you don't gain weight with it..it should be okay. Keep me posted.

I have relatives staying with us this week... and they question everything I eat.... I just keep on saying... I feel so healthy and I have all this wonderful energy, that I contribute to what I eat.

They are struggling with their weight, but he is so concerned with eating too much fat that I don't think I could convert them if I tried. Oh well

Hugs
Alice