Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-16, 17:04

Plan: Atkins 40
Stats: 156/156/132 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Lowcarb - no weightloss after 1 month

Hello to everyone! I am new here.

And maybe I am just impatient. I started a lowcarb diet based on Atkins 40 a month ago. My goal is to lose about 20 pounds and find a diet plan I would be able to follow for my whole life, preferably. In that month, I didn't lose any pounds or inches - I started with 156 pounds and 29 inch waist, and I am exactly that now!

I ate a lot of grains before, rice, potatoes, sugar (chocolate, ice-cream), drank beer. I ditched all grains, legumes, potatoes, all sugar. My typical day now looks like this:

Breakfast: eggs with ham, or just scrambled eggs with butter; or smoked salmon; or ham with cottage cheese; and a little piece of vegetable, like small endives or little gem lettuce.

Lunch: meat (chicken, pork) or fish (salmon, trout) fried or roasted, with vegetable side dish - pureed cauliflower with butter, braised zucchini or eggplant with olive oil, steamed broccoli, or just a bigger salad of lettuce, endives, daikon etc. with oil.

Supper: similar to lunch, or something like mushrooms stewed in butter, or zucchini covered with cheese and roasted.

Snacks: mostly cheese, sometimes nuts (not much), or sausage, or a small green salad. About twice each week I had watermelon or blueberries and raspberries with whipped cream. No other fruit.

Sins: first week, there was one day with 175 grams of carbs from 4 pints of beer, one chocolate bar and 3 slices of bread; second week, there was beer again on Friday; third week, there was one square of chocolate on Wednesday and a glass of wine; fourth week, I had a piece of cake on Monday and 16 ounces of white wine on Friday.
(I keep a detailed food log.)

I went through the hypoglycemic (lowcarb flu) phase AND I still do feel some weakness, especially when I forget to eat. I didn't experience any remarkable water loss. I don't crave sugar (I even hated the cake I tried last Monday, so sweet it didn't really have a taste) - the only thing I crave is cream and cottage cheese, and that can be quenched with a teaspoon of cream (like once in 2 days) or incorporating the cheese in my daily meal plan.

So, where is the problem?
Not enough fat? I might be getting 60-80 grams of fat daily.
Should I eat more? I eat about 1200-1400 kcal daily, the portions I eat are of small to average size. I have a very sedentary life and I don't exercise much, about 3 hours a week.
Is it in the sins? I want the occasional beer or wine in my life. Don't care much about the sweets.
Too much milk products?
Too much nuts?
I'm taking a low dose of SSRI antidepressants daily, no other medications. No diabetes, no stress. I love the food I am eating now and I will keep on, but will the weight ever budge?

Last edited by adaba : Sun, Aug-07-16 at 17:18.
Sponsored Links