Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Specific Exercise Plans (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Curves anyone? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=86739)

Miss Melis Fri, Feb-14-03 14:07

Curves anyone?

Hi Ya!

Anyone try Curves?

Did you like it? Pros and Cons?

Happy :rheart: Day!

Thanks! :wave:

M-

redawn Fri, Feb-14-03 21:57

Well i love Curves. . .have been doing it for 4 months. . .did not lose a damn pound. . but I felt better than I have in a long time. ..christmas shopping was not a hellish time because my back did not hurt. All the weight resitance helped me support my front without a back ache. What I love about Curves is that next to you on one side can be a trim 19 yr old and at 274 I was whomping her butt on the step board and then on the other side could be an 80 yr old whomping mine. Everything you do you do for 30 seconds. . .what I love to tell people is "hell I can hold my breath for 30 seconds" it's fun and you really can tell the difference in just a week. GFI! redawn:)

LindaB123 Fri, Feb-14-03 23:04

I've been a member since the beging of Sept. The first couple months I went about twice a week. The switched scales, so I couldnt track my weight loss. They said the first wasnt weighing anyone over 200 correctly. But, I did manage to loose about 3 1/2" over all.

Dec and most of Jan I didnt go. I was just to busy with life. On Jan. 29 I started their low carb diet- "permanant results with out prem. dieting". I've been faithfully going to exercise 3 times a week. So far I've lost 7 pounds, and I think tomorrow I will reach the 8 pound mark.

I love the work out I get there- and I hate exercise! I could never stand the thought of getting on a piece of equipment for 30 minutes. There is just no way I'm going to walk in place for that long. But, the 30 seconds on each machine at curves- that I can do! I can already tell a big difference in my legs.

L

ShirleyAnn Sat, Feb-15-03 03:34

curves

We are just getting a Curves Center in our area, I don't think it has opened yet. I understand that it is just for women, which is nice. I work at a hospital and I can go to our wellness center for free but..... it's full of young people and the "buff" guys standing around. Basically I feel like it's somewhat a meat market. So I've not been going due to feeling self concious. Do you have to buy a membership to curves? And about how much does it cost? Any info would be great!

redawn Sat, Feb-15-03 08:33

you can join for the year and it acverages out to $29 a month. . .or pay per month $39. . .unlimited access. . .you can go three times a day if you want. (you shouldn't but you can) I forgot to mention that I have never exercised before and to me exercise is a four letter word. But I average two or three times a week and I love it! redawn:)

Miss Melis Sat, Feb-15-03 21:07

.... thanks for all the info...

I may go and try it out on Monday... I will let you know what happens!

Thanks! :wave:

M-

HEATHER3 Sun, Feb-16-03 13:05

Curves

I've heard really good things about it. I am considering doing it myself. I find exercising hard right now due to a lack of breath. :( But I think with a little encouragement I might try it.

HEATHER3 Sun, Feb-16-03 13:06

you wouldn't happen to be in the Galena or Dubuque area are you?

ShirleyAnn Sun, Feb-16-03 13:31

When I lived in Columbus OH is attended something like this. They had a hot tub too :) does curves have one? It sure would be nice sitting in one with all the nice and snow we are getting right now in WV.

ShirleyAnn Sun, Feb-16-03 14:02

an oops to last post....all the ice and snow, sorry

redawn Mon, Feb-17-03 10:53

Re: Curves

Quote:
Originally posted by HEATHER3
I find exercising hard right now due to a lack of breath. :( But I think with a little encouragement I might try it.

I think tryng it is the best way to see if you can. . .go at the pace that best fits you. . .and see if you can. . .who knows this may help your breathing. I live in MA. .. but Curves are all over. . .it is one of the fastest growing franchises out there. . .founded by a Christian man I think. . .hence the commercials (this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine) but there is nothing religious about the facility I attend. And sorry no hot tub. Most of us are 'get in, work out, get out' it is part of our day. Dawn:)

penk Mon, Feb-17-03 17:33

I don't like to exercise but I can't say enough about Curves... it "fits"

it was the first step to better health for me, now I'm also following the lc woe and life feels so good!

Penny
:daizy:

Cores Mon, Feb-17-03 22:48

Any Curves in Pittsburgh?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any Curves in the Pittsburgh, PA area? They sound great. I used to belong to Bally's and I HATED it!

:daizy:
Cores

Miss Melis Mon, Feb-17-03 22:58

.... well I never made it today... maybe Wednesday.....

I will try it at least once!

M- :wave:

Belle Wed, Feb-19-03 22:20

I love it!

:thup: I joined curves the first of January. I have only missed one workout and that was when I first got sick with this darned cold, but have been going faithfully ever since. I go now, or try to go everyday. I figure, heck if I am paying $42 a month, then I am going to get the most out of it. So, my weigh date is the 28th. I am hoping I have lost a least a couple of pounds. I have noticed my legs and behind getting firmer though, my abs also. I love what it is doing to my arms and shoulders. I think I might end up losing more inches than pounds the first month, but that's ok. I love the circuit and how you never feel as if anybody is skinnier or better than me. :thup: for how I feel about curves! If you haven't tried it, then do it. You won't regret it.
Have a good day, Belle