PDA

View Full Version : Bacon

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sharon
Fri, Jun-29-01, 08:57
Something I've been doing for years, long before "pre-cooked" bacon is cooking the entire lb. of bacon the first time I need it. Then I simply store it in a tupperware type container and use it as needed...saves on the clean up of the stove and cooking when you're in a hurry. I just nuke it when I want to have some...I don't used "processed" bacon bits...I like the real stuff, so I always have bacon cooked ahead then for a Ceasar. Of course if you need the bacon grease you can save it for use later as well.

I was just talking to my g.f. as I was cooking bacon this morning and she thought it was a great idea....seems old to me, but incase anyone hasn't tried it, thought I'd post the suggestion.

LCSue
Mon, Jul-09-01, 20:32
Me, too, I've done this for years. I spread the slices on a broiling pan, and cook the bacon in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 mins., then flip it over to the other side for a final 10. No mess, and handy to have in the fridge. Just reheat in the micro for a minute. I usually eat this every morning for breakfast.

tamarian
Mon, Jul-09-01, 20:37
Hey Sue! Nice to see you back! :) Love you mouse pic.

Wa'il

Karen
Mon, Jul-09-01, 20:47
I'm not much of a bacon eater but it's a great idea! We do this in the restaurant with 10 lbs. of bacon at a time. LC paradise? ;)

Hey LC Sue! Where you been? Whazzup?

Karen

LCSue
Mon, Jul-09-01, 23:07
for the welcome! Things have been a bit (!!) chaotic around here lately and I haven't been able to get to the computer for quite awhile. I HAVE been sticking to the LC eating plan, however, and I have to say that it feels great.

The site looks wonderful, and it's good to see that so many of you are still very active and supportive. I'll have to spend some time catching up on all the posts.

BTW, it's turkey bacon that I bake like this ... mmmmmm mmm good. 10 lbs. at a time, yum! :D

arcticrose
Sun, Sep-14-03, 18:23
Does anyone fry a bunch of their bacon crispy then break them up into small pieces and put them in the freezer in little zip lock bags? I'm thinking it would be a good snack for me when I'm craving chips.