PDA

View Full Version : Substitutes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BarbeeGee
Tue, Jan-21-03, 15:27
If you know any low or no carb substitutes add them here.

My substitutes:

I shred cabbage long ways, boil... for spaghetti.

I shred cabbage diced and add to Spanish Rice for rice.

I mash cooked cauliflower for mashed potatoes.

zima
Tue, Jan-21-03, 16:22
I use
:daze: turnips for potatoes in roast.
:spin: califlower in any dish that calls for potatoes or rice.
:roll: low carb tortillas for hot dog buns, or lasagua noodles.

can't think of anymore right now, I'll have to think on it. :bash: Zima

BarbeeGee
Wed, Jan-22-03, 19:31
Hi Zima... I can't believe you are named my favorite beverage.
I wrote to the company (Coors) and they said Zima has 21.5 carbos per bottle. That makes me sad... I love Zima!

Any substitutes for that? :wave:

zima
Thu, Jan-23-03, 11:07
Hey BarbeeGee,

Its great to hear from a fellow Zima lover. I use that ID because of my email address "zimawarriorprincess". My friends set it up for me and it just stuck. I do miss my name sake, although my husband and I have quit drinking altogether. We are much better without it, but I still feel like somethings missing on those hot summer days up the river. I used to slice fresh peached and shove them down in the bottle. Yummy like a zime fruit cocktail. Oh the day of youth and irresponsiblity :cry: . Anyway, back to reality, I haven't tried to substitute them but I've heard that hard alcohol doesn't have as much carbs. Maybe vodka, club soda, twist of lime, and a dash of splenda? If its good....................................................
Have one (or two) for me,
aka Zima