PDA

View Full Version : What about pregancy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GoodTxGirl
Fri, Jan-03-03, 08:48
Does anyone have any info regarding this WOE if you are pregnant. Im not yet, but we are working on it...and Im just curious if this is something I will be able to continue (of course I will also ask my doctor when I cross that bridge but in the meantime I was just wondering about this issue) since you guys are a wonderful wealth of knowledge :)

Zuleikaa
Fri, Jan-03-03, 09:48
The only adjustment for pregnancy is that you have to take a calcium supplement due to limited dairy intake. Otherwise it's fine.

GoodTxGirl
Fri, Jan-03-03, 10:01
That is the other question I had but forgot to ask...what is the story on the prenatal vitamins ?!?!?!?! When I took them before they seemed to increase my hunger....I haven't had that problem yet but Im worried that it will....do they have sugar in them or what ?

Zuleikaa
Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:30
It depends on the vitamins. Some vitamins have sugar in it. It might be wise to time your dose with your RM.

lowco
Sat, Jan-04-03, 13:03
MY FRIEND was 3 months pregnant when her doctor put her on the atkins diet. she had diabetes during pregnancy and she gained weight like no body'es business. She was only 3 months and she looked like 9 months.

I think that cad is ok during pregnancy cause it is balance. Eat well, get rid of the junk foods and processed food.

luv67fire
Sat, Jan-04-03, 17:51
Hey me and you are in the same boat :)

My hubby and I are trying to have our first before the year's end. I already talked to the doctor extensively on the subject of CAD and pregnancy and he says he will be promoting this to other preg. patients now. He says it is perfect because I'm not eating too much sugar and I'm eating healthy, but those preggers can make you have strong cravings, which can be satisfied during RM!

Of course, take the vitamins, too. But I do that now, whether or not I pregnant.

Good luck!!

GoodTxGirl
Mon, Jan-06-03, 07:47
Hey thats great...and good luck to you.....this will not be my first but it will be for my husband (I have two from a previous marriage) and the scarey part is Im 40...so wish me luck ;) hahahaha. Im glad to know that I won't have to give up this WOE because I really am feeling much better :)