PDA

View Full Version : bummer!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tokenyanke
Mon, Nov-25-02, 06:52
The 1.5 # I had lost found me again! Oh well... I hope it's water weight or maybe some MSG or something that got me. It does kind of dampen the spirits, though, to get on the scales looking for good news only to find it's bad. I am always expecting things to backfire anyway, so I immediately start thinking that this isn't gonna work for me either. Gotta stop thinking like that, I know!

Then I got in to work and one girl called in sick and another has to leave early so it's gonna be a really stressful day for me.

I hope everyone else is starting their Monday on a better note.

mbutterfly
Mon, Nov-25-02, 08:43
I know exactly what you mean! My two pounds is back but I think it's water as well. It is very disheartening to get on that scale and see it go the wrong direction, but.......

They do say that your weight fluctuates so don't get discouraged. Just keep with the plan and everything should even out eventually.

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

tokenyanke
Mon, Nov-25-02, 09:25
mbutterfly,

Thanks for the uplifting words... We can make it! Just gotta keep our chins up! I'm pulling for you, too!

luv67fire
Mon, Nov-25-02, 10:26
You know, even though the first two week I lost a bit of weight (which is mostly because this is my first time low-carbing... always low-fat before this. so I was never on atkins beforehand) the third week I didn't lose any and kind of gained about 1.5-2 pounds throughout that week. I wasn't doing ANYTHING differently, and was actually being stricter, since I saw the lbs go up a little. But low and behold, this fourth week it is going down again.

I really think it is you adjusting from Atkins. You are going from 20-40 carbs to much more... in one serving. I think once your body adjusts, you'll start seeing it.

Also, even though you aren't losing weight, you aren't hungry anymore are you? Do you feel better than before (besides the weight)? If you are, then maybe that is a sign that it IS working, just you are still getting used to it.

I dunno, just guesses here, but either way, Cindy I hope your day doesn't go as stressful as you think it will!

Good Luck you two!

tokenyanke
Mon, Nov-25-02, 11:54
Well, I actually can't say that I feel better than I did on Atkins. I have a headache that I've had ever since I've made the switch. But the first few days on Atkins were rough, too, so I'm trying to be patient with that. Once I got past those first few days, I felt great and have for the past 10 months. And I never had any problems with hunger on Atkins, so switching to CALP has pretty much been the same hungerwise. I really liked Atkins other than not being able to lose weight and having to forego carbs so much. CALP is more flexible, so I'm hoping for better results.

The Hellers advise taking vitamins and meds with RM, so I've switched all my vitamins and supplements to my RM at night and wonder if that is throwing me and adding to the headaches.

So, I guess all I can do now is be patient and let my body adjust... (and hope that this afternoon goes fast so this crazy Monday can be behind me! lol)

Tigra1965
Tue, Nov-26-02, 07:34
Dear TokenYanke

I too have had the headaches every day since starting CAD, but I think its because we are eating more carbs than normal.

When I first did the atkins - my headaches were horrendous and I was ill with them. Luckily that only lasted 5 days - but I can still remember how bad they were.

These headaches on the other hand are mild, but I do still have one every day or I feel tired sometimes. I think its just our bodies way of adjusting.

As regards the meds - I've still been taking mine on a morning and not with my RM. I truely did not notice that part in the book - so I will be looking later.

Hope all is going well with you and happy LCing :wave:

tokenyanke
Tue, Nov-26-02, 09:12
Hey Julie,

I still have my headache today... although it was better last night and didn't start bothering till after breakfast this morning. It seems to get worse as the day goes on. It isn't bad enough to make me sick... it's just an aggravation since I'm not one to have problems with headaches very often.

I'll be glad when my body adjusts, though, won't you? :roll:

tokenyanke
Tue, Nov-26-02, 11:43
I forgot to mention that last night before my RM I weighed and was back down the 1.5#. However, this morning I was up 1#. Anyone else find that they weigh less before their RM than they do in the morning? I would guess that from eating my RM in the evening, it causes more weight to be retained so by the time I go thru the day with 2 CM's, the weight comes back off...

Does anyone use their pre-RM weight or do you go by morning weight? Just wondering. :sunny:

skyspinner
Tue, Nov-26-02, 15:07
Originally posted by Tigra1965
snip

As regards the meds - I've still been taking mine on a morning and not with my RM. I truely did not notice that part in the book - so I will be looking later.

snip

I see on the left there that you are on CAD? If so, you would not have found this in your book.

The option of timing your meds to RM is in the CALP book. Look for it there, in the section on "Options". :)

GatorGal93
Wed, Nov-27-02, 10:38
Thanks, SkySpinner. I completely missed that in my CALP book. I am so used to taking my meds first thing in the a.m. so I don't forget. Maybe in the future I will just bring them with me for whenever I have my RM.

Thanks again,
Julie