PDA

View Full Version : I Shook It Up A Little & Lost More!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gingerbear
Thu, Nov-07-02, 19:53
It wasn't on purpose but on October 19, we left for a 2-week business/pleasure trip to the East Coast and for the first week, I pretty much did CAD five days and went off a couple days but I was noticing that all the new pants I bought for the trip were getting bigger on me. I was amazed because I wasn't following it religiously like I was here. The scale at my parent's house wasn't working so I really couldn't get an accurate weight. From Day 6-14 of our trip, I didn't do the CAD diet at all as it became to difficult with meeting people for lunch and dinners, etc. but I was aware that I couldn't overdo it. Still, I had what I would say carb-filled meals for a week straight. We got back last Saturday and I was amazed that I had returned at the same exact weight I went with. On Monday, I started CAD back up again and on Tuesday, Wednesday & this morning (Thursday), I had lost another pound each AM so since I got back, I have lost 3 more pounds! Before the trip, I stalled at 265 for 2+ weeks and was walking 30 minutes a day. I haven't been walking since I've gotten home but have lost more than when I was walking. I can't explain it but I think that if you "Shake Your Body" up a little from it's usual routine, it reacts better to the diet than if you stay doing the same thing every day in and out. I'm going to take the walking back up in a couple weeks probably but for right now, taking that
"time off" on the trip has jump-started the diet for me again. Something to think about!

Zuleikaa
Fri, Nov-08-02, 08:40
Congratulations!!

Any WOE can use a shake up every once in a while. As long as you are in control and then get back on plan, whatever plan works for you. And as long as carb cravings aren't aroused.