PDA

View Full Version : CAD and snacking

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

grandma
Fri, Sep-20-02, 12:28
Hi everyone. This is only my second post to this forum. I'm 54 and havetriplets on the way by my daughter in April. I'm praying they all survive, but she is quite overwhelmed at the idea. They will be her first and my first grandchildren!

I'm wondering if any of you who do CAD, also snack in between. I have pretty intense insulin resistance and can't seem to go beyone 2-3 hours without a snack. I know CAD only allows 3 m3als without snacks. Has anyone tweeked this some? I thought I could still do it and perhaps add some protein anv vegetable snacks in between, or maybe even an apple here or there? What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Grandma

chocolate
Tue, Sep-24-02, 01:24
The CALP book allows snacks which must be a mini version of the Complimentary meals, protein and LC veggies ... so no apples!!

HTH

Choc

Wanda L
Tue, Sep-24-02, 10:06
The CAD Plan does allows for snacks on one of the plans after the first week. If you look at the different plans you will see which one is.

But, you boddy may tolerate snacks during the first week and still lose weight, everybody is different.

Good Luck !!