PDA

View Full Version : New with Question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ckone761
Mon, Aug-12-02, 10:52
Hi everyone,

A couple months back was doing the Atkins diet but it did bad things to me. So I came off and did weight watchers points again. But I want to cut down my carbs again cause I know that works. This seems like a good plan for me because I love my dinner. I want to lose about 10-15 pounds. I do not want to increase my fat intake that much.
Can anyone recommend some low fat snacks? For breakfast I usually have an egg white omlette and lunch is either a salad, tuna or grilled chicken. Snacking on fruit is a no no right? :rolleyes:

:roll:

JeannieF
Wed, Aug-14-02, 07:07
Hi LC Friend:

I'm fairly new to this, also, but have discovered this is a WOL I can handle. It's really not nearly as hard as other weight loss things I've tried.

Atkins did wierd things to me too. Way too little carbs. I freaked.

Yes, fruit is out as a snack (or with a meal, for that matter). Although I'm not too worried about fat intake, as it's really hard to do low fat AND low carb, try getting turkey bacon and cooking a whole package at one time. You can package the ready-made snack in a zip loc baggie and have some anytime you're hungry.

Have you read the CAD book? They really frown on snacks, but sometimes, when you're really hungry, you're allowed to have one a day.

I also pre-make a whole package of hot dogs. I don't know how much fat the "low fat" variety has, but this might also be an option.

Good luck to you! I'll be your buddy, if you want. We can lose this yucky fat together!

Jeannie :daze: