PDA

View Full Version : About how many carbs per day?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Alexoc949
Sun, Aug-11-02, 02:52
I'm looking to lose roughly 6-7 pounds but then stick to this kind of diet of low carbs, because on this kind of diet I get fuller on less and I feel it will be easier to maintain my desirable weight with LC than any other type of eating. Does anyone have any opinions on how many carbs I should be taking in. I am a very active person. Weight is about 196 and I would like to be around 190 but never over it. I appreciate anyones comments.
Thank you.

Alex

lisaf
Wed, Aug-14-02, 04:49
Hi there --

During a weight loss phase, the number of carbs you eat really depends on the plan you choose to follow. I notice you haven't chosen one and you may want to consider taking a look at the different plans and finding one that suits you. You can click here for a description of the different options:
http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/

Once you hit maintenance you can start upping your carbs until you hit a place where you aren't losing weight and maintaining...

I can tell you that how much you eat depends on a lot of factors and varies for everyone. Good luck!

Lisa