PDA

View Full Version : wow nice dinner tonight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mal
Sat, Jun-08-02, 14:55
hi every1 i just had a nice dinner............i browned some mince meat with 3 slices of a large onion and 4 large mushrooms, i then added a little hot water and an oxo cube i let it reduce a little then put it in a casserole dish and grated cheese on top then i put it in the oven for half and hour yummmmmmm it was nice :wave: :wave: :wave:

fiona
Sun, Jun-09-02, 03:00
My mouth is watering. Definitely LowCarb.

:thup:
Take care

LittleAnne
Sun, Jun-09-02, 03:44
Sounds very nice Mal. Its always good when an experiment works.

amb
Sun, Jun-09-02, 13:56
I read your recipe - mouth watering, and realised I'd been eating that for years, and never thought of it as a low carb recipe.....probably because it was on the bottom of my mom's shepards pie....which had about 2 cups of mashed potatoes on top at the time!!

Thanks for reminding me! I shall have that soon!

Amb :D

mal
Sun, Jun-09-02, 14:11
amb ive had a brainwave what about putting mashed cauilflower on top instead of mash? you could even add some soya milk 2 the cauli to make it really creeamy? what do you think?

amb
Sun, Jun-09-02, 14:34
hey hey hey....i'm liking this! cauliflower on top...stick some brocc in there as well hmmm what other low carb veggies could we use? i see a very low carb tasty version of shepards pie appearing before our eyes!! :D

mal
Sun, Jun-09-02, 14:46
the prob i have is im not a great lover of veg i only like cauliflower,mushrooms,onion,sweetcorn,cucumber and tomatoes and not much else so i will stick with the cauliflower but you could try all different things. im gonna try cornbeef hash tomorrow what do you think of this: mash up a tin of cornbeef in a casserole, and put cauli on top again can you think of any veg that might go with the cornbeef? thanks mal :q:

amb
Sun, Jun-09-02, 14:54
hee hee - thats MY ick factor - could never get into corned beef - my hubby loves it tho - and thinks he is deprived cause i never cook it. (to be honest, i wouldnt know how!)

i have always found it hard to come up with low carb veggies other than brocc and cauli - i suppose everyone would say have a salad, but sometimes you want a nice warm meal - especially with this lovely british summer we are having (sarcasm sarcasm)

do you like spinich or cabbage? i suppose you could wilt some spinich with olive oil and garlic mmmm yummy (lots of s & p) and parmesan cheese is lovely.....you could stuff cabbage leaves with the corned beef, and then put tinned tomatoes and garlic and onions on top of the cabbage things and into a casserole dish and into the oven for a half hour or so (another variation of one of my moms dishes!) she used beef & rice with basil & oregano - i think i know what corned beef tastes like from accidently having a corned beef pasty *grin* but i am not sure if it would go with garlic and stuff - you would have to educate me on that one!

good luck!
amb

mal
Sun, Jun-09-02, 15:08
sorry abm i only ever buy tinned corned beef which actually doesnt need any cooking just heating up lol so im not sure what would go with it untill i try it lol what im gonna miss the most is lasagne thats my favourite wish i could think of a way of making that any ideas???? mal :confused: :confused: :confused:

fiona
Mon, Jun-10-02, 13:45
Yes I know what you mean about something nice and hot.

DURING Induction: Your personal ability to get into Ketosis and lose weight determines how many helpings a day of salad and low carb vegetables are right for you.

SALAD VEGs: Lettuce, Romaine, Escarole, Arugula, Endive, Radicchio, Chicory, Sorrel, Mache, Bok Choy, Chives, Parsley, Cucumber, Radishes, Fennel, Peppers, Celery, Jicama, Posse Pied, Alfaalfa Sprouts, Mushrooms, Morels, Olives, Daikon.

AFTER Induction: VEGETABLES: (Warning! These low carb-vegs need to be consumed in carefully limited quantities. Your metabolism, age, sex and ability to achieve ketosis will determine how much is right for you. Some people CANNOT include these vegs during Phase 1. After ketosis has been reached they can be gradually added back in.) Asparagus, String beans, cabbage, beet greens, cauliflour, chard, eggplant, kale, kohlrabi, celeriac, tomato, onion, rhubarb, scallions, leeks, spinach, summer squash, zucchini squash, okra, pumpkin, turnips, avocado, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, water chestnuts; Snow pea pods (mange.tout) sauerkraut, collard greens, dandelion greens, christophene, broccoli, broccoli rabe, celery root. Brussels sprouts, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm.

Take care.