PDA

View Full Version : aqua airobic (cant spell) disaster

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

izzy
Sat, May-18-02, 13:05
Since ive been having a little bit of a stall i thought i'd be good and get on with the exercising, :hyper:
so off iwent to the pool. :blush:
Got myself all set up and the class began,one hour later there i was feeling sick and and shaking, :tears:
i had to sit in the car for 15 minutes and i thought i was going to upchuck :Puke: in the dairy asile in safeway
Got home and sat burping for the best part of an hour(no i did'nt swallow the pool lol)
:nono:
so the reason for this thread= just to let all who read this know pitfalls of thinking you can get in there and give it welly, give your :rheart: a slow start or you may end up feeling the strain the same as i did
cheers

tink
Sat, May-18-02, 14:20
Oh Izzy !!!!!!

what an experience ! I do hope you feel better now.

I keep meaning to exercise - i just can't seem to find the time - i rely on a kick about with the kids at a weekend !

At least you had a go - take it a bit easier next time.

My other half and I have some exercise videos and as it is only 8 weeks to our wedding we are determind to start exercising seriously - i will of course heed your advice and take it slow to start with !!

keep up the good work

:roll: :roll: :roll:

fiona
Sat, May-18-02, 23:21
Congratulations for starting, even if it didn't quite go according to plan. Don't let it put you off though Izzy. It only goes to show how badly you need to incorporate it into your daily schedule.

I'm a fine one to talk ;) Read all about it in my Gymlog. I've lapsed again but since I started consciously putting in exercise I've definitely seen major benefits. I prefer not to go to the lengths some of the BFL enthusiasts go to but I was thinking just yesterday how good it was when I was doing my 2 hr dancing stints every Saturday - do what you enjoy, start slow and build on it.

{Tink: i rely on a kick about with the kids } That is exercise, as is gardening, and walking rather than taking the bus etc.

Take care.

izzy
Sun, May-19-02, 08:38
:D
well tink and fiona
i can honestly say i'm fine now but at the time i was wishing
i had somewere to lie down and die,
i took a big long walk the other day and was fine with that so more of the same tomorrow along with a swim (only) i think?
i'm starting a goverment run scheme £30 gets you one months subscription to 4 different health clubs and you an do as much or as little as you want, so i can't wait . It starts on the 3rd of june so im gettin g prepared for it now.i'll be a new woman soon.

good luck with the wedding tink hope you get into that dress( im sure you will)
and im gonna have a wee read at your journal fiona to see how you got on,
catch you all soon
cheers
:wave:

LittleAnne
Tue, May-21-02, 03:23
Hi Izzy sorry to hear the aqua aerobics were a bit much the first time. Glad you are better now. Hopefully you did not ache at all afterwards, that is one good thing about excercising in water.

I try to do a class every week and I really love it. I changed classes after a couple of months as one instructor was not as energetic as the other and so I did not feel I was getting much out of it. We now have webbed mitts to wear and also aqua dumb bells which look like two toilet rolls on a stick. These are great and when pulling them together under water I can really feel my abs tighten.

Go on girl, get back in there.

izzy
Wed, May-22-02, 12:00
hi Little Anne
i'm fine now must have just over done it the first time?
i have gone back to the swimming every other day and im up to 50 lenths already so im getting there.
At the fated aerobics we had the toilet dumb bells too, they are very good, i cant understand why i felt the way i did, maybe it was what i ate that day? who knows?
i was a bit bad today though ive had 2 choccy biccys, tut tut i'm so annoyed with myself but the temtation was unbareable, new day tomorrow, no im not bad? im a good girl< yes i am, ( sorry just rambelling a bit there.
Hope your diet is going well :thup:
I'm off to watch emerdale
cheers