PDA

View Full Version : Is it really just low calorie?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hpah11
Wed, Feb-29-12, 09:37
I have been keeping track of what I am eating on myfitnesspal and for the past five days I have eat 1200 calories or less...I would loss weight on that regardless of what I am eating. However, I have to say that if I was eating 1200 calories, with carbs during the day, I would be STARVING, whereas with CAD I am not!

I am trying to compare this to the way Atkins works but really this way of eating is for getting rid of the hunger and cravings...right?

patriciakr
Wed, Feb-29-12, 10:18
I have been keeping track of what I am eating on myfitnesspal and for the past five days I have eat 1200 calories or less...I would loss weight on that regardless of what I am eating. However, I have to say that if I was eating 1200 calories, with carbs during the day, I would be STARVING, whereas with CAD I am not!

I am trying to compare this to the way Atkins works but really this way of eating is for getting rid of the hunger and cravings...right?
Not just that, for me, this most definitely is the way I lose weight nicely.
Here is a link to a great (and timely for you) article on the topic of calories:
Do Calories Matter by Dr. Peter Attia (http://waroninsulin.com/nutrition/do-calories-matter)