PDA

View Full Version : Stalled-cream, t.o.m., bad luck?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lossiebeth
Thu, Apr-04-02, 07:00
In the first two weeks, I lost 9 pounds, swiftly followed by 2 more in the next couple of days. The I went up one and have been there for almost a week.

I am new to this and phenomenally neurotic, but am wondering how much of it has to do with my recent discovery of Double Cream :yum: I had never been fussed about cream at all (the only fattening thing I didn't go for) but now as it is the only thing I can have for a "treat", I have been overdo-ing it. Typical me, I'm afraid; I need to work on that.

Of course, it is working up toTHAT time of the month as well (due yesterday), my first since starting Atkins, so I guess one pound up is pretty good, huh? ;)

I HATE food manufacturers, BTW. I just had corned beef for lunch and realised afterward (still hungry) that there was added sugar in it. I know, my fault for not reading the label first, but, honestly, do they HAVE to add sugar and/or wheat to EVERYTHING?

:wave:

tink
Thu, Apr-04-02, 09:47
hi,

The cream shouldn't be to much of a problem as long as you are not having loads ! I have a dribble in my coffee, 2 or 3 cups a day and then a bit on sf jelly in the evening (that'll be sfjelly made with half cream !)

it could be down to that time of the month again - I often gain a little but then it does drop off again after !

give it time and don't worry - congratulations on the loss so far.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

fiona
Thu, Apr-04-02, 13:03
During Induction most people do lose a lot - but then the body has to settle to the new regime. Do not be disappointed. 2-3 lbs a week is a good loss to maintain.

Double Cream is not bad - what you have it with is to be watched carefully. I remember when I started I used to count 6 cornflakes and dip them into the cream as my treat.

{....honestly, do they HAVE to add sugar and/or wheat to EVERYTHING? ...} It's even worse when Food Manufacturers disguise the sugar (and the Monosodium Glutamate) and it comes in as "hidden carbs" that are not even mentioned on the label because they fall below a certain level. :bash: misleading labels :bash: But it does open your eyes when you actually spend hours reading labels. I got so paranoid I opted for basic real ingredients and adding whatever to it. At least that way I knew if I was adding carbs to it!

Take care.

lossiebeth
Fri, Apr-05-02, 14:14
I really hate this t.o.m. I was another pound up this morning, though it seems that things are starting now so that will hopefully shift. I could sure do with a visit from the Whoosh Fairy right about now! :help:

As for what I have with my cream; you used to have SIX cornflakes? :nono: shame! ;) I usually have my cream with cream :D or in my coffee. I have been known to add some to a glass of soya mik when I am at a loss for what to do about breakfast. Soya milk is so bland on its own :p

A friend gave me some packets of sugar-free jelly to have with my cream, but after she left, I read the ingredients, and when I saw Aspertame, I threw it right out. That stuff doesn't sit well with me at all :mad: Tink, does your sf jelly have aspartame in it? Maybe it doesn't bother you, but aspartame does NOT like me :tears: That's a shame because it seems to be in EVERYthing these days! :thdown:

Thanks for the feedback, girls :bhug:

We'll get there in the end if we keep plugging away at it :sunny:

tink
Fri, Apr-05-02, 14:52
hi,

I use Rowntrees jelly and sadly it does have aspertame in it ....fortunately i seem okay with it. I guess i am quite lucky because I don't seem to have a problem with sweeteners.

I am currently resourcing sf products without aspertame for our site (see profile) as we get a lot of requests about this ! It should be easier to get a variety of things now that splenda is legal !!

keep persevering and don't worry about weighing yourself too much - check your inches. I have lost loads of inches...almost into buying new clothes now...before the weight actually seemed to shift !

oh and I put 2 lb on this week...my fault...bad Easter !!! but I have gone back to being good and I won't weigh myself for a while..

keep at it

:roll: :roll: :roll:

lossiebeth
Sat, Apr-06-02, 03:38
Could I somehow just boycott this t.o.m.? This morning, my weight increase was up to THREE pounds and I haven't been doing anything off plan. I haven't had anything sweet in over 3 weeks, except a Hermeseta here and there (like one a week!) and a few diet cokes last weekend (which seemed to have started this). My cream consumption was even down yesterday-felt I had to do SOMEthing!

Once I have been on Atkins a few months, I'll prally (for "probably" good word that-we use it in my famiy) be used to this, but just now it is so annoying since I have been 'behaving" I was even away at a friend's for 3 days and didn't gain an ounce; her dad does Atkins so she was fine with it.

So far I have resisted the "Well, I'm up anyway, I might as well enjoy it" mentality, so keep your fingers crossed! I am less than sane at this time of the month anyway!

I look forward to when we can get "Splenda" here--in the north of Scotland it will prally be awhile!

Thanks again for replying. It helps keep me sane-ish ;)

lossiebeth
Sat, Apr-06-02, 03:38
Could I somehow just boycott this t.o.m.? This morning, my weight increase was up to THREE pounds and I haven't been doing anything off plan. I haven't had anything sweet in over 3 weeks, except a Hermeseta here and there (like one a week!) and a few diet cokes last weekend (which seemed to have started this). My cream consumption was even down yesterday-felt I had to do SOMEthing!

Once I have been on Atkins a few months, I'll prally (for "probably" good word that-we use it in my famiy) be used to this, but just now it is so annoying since I have been 'behaving" I was even away at a friend's for 3 days and didn't gain an ounce; her dad does Atkins so she was fine with it.

So far I have resisted the "Well, I'm up anyway, I might as well enjoy it" mentality, so keep your fingers crossed! I am less than sane at this time of the month anyway!

I look forward to when we can get "Splenda" here--in the north of Scotland it will prally be awhile!

Thanks again for replying. It helps keep me sane-ish ;)