PDA

View Full Version : Pity Party, please join, but you MUST leave!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fleadogs
Thu, Mar-28-02, 15:18
I'm in the mood for a pity party.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I KNOW i should be grateful for all the good things in life. Husband, daughter, family but... It's been a REALLY REALLY hard year and here I am feel kinda sorry for myself and a bit down so I'm gonna break out the party hat and have an old fashion PITY PARTY :Party:

I'd like a little cheese with the following whine... I can't seem to get myself together to finish writing my &%$$^#~*&^%!! dissertation and I better do it soon before time runs out. I'm tired of exercising, tired of drinking water, and would love to feel that slightly stuffed feeling that only seems to come from carbs. I really miss yeasty, crusty baguettes with a big schmeer of boursin cheese. I'm tired of losing weight, but can't wear any of my smaller clothes because I'm still WAY TOO FAT!!!!!!!! Summer is going to be filled with clothes that cover everything because the human body is not meant to lose 50lbs in a month. And actually if it did I would have to get a sling for my skin... It's bad enough now!

Don't worry, I won't cheat. I remind myself that no problem gets any better by packing away Cheetos.

Okay party hat off :Party:

Thanks for listening, I'm off to drink a glass of water... The only way I can drown my troubles. No Guiness at the Pub!

Victoria
Fri, Mar-29-02, 10:06
Fleadogs,
Do you feel better now? Sometimes it just feels better to let it out. Go ahead. We all know the feeling.

But remember...you are thinner than when you started low carbing. And as long as you continue, you will continue to get thinner. There will be a time when this struggle will be behind you and you will be relieved and thankful. But in the midst of the struggle, sometimes it looks overwhelming.

So...get going. Work on your dissertation. And drink your water. ;) When I miss carby things, I try to remember all the great foods I can now eat without feeling guilty. Like...real butter, real mayonaise. Cheeses. When I was trying to live low fat, I would never allow myself cheese. Whipped cream. Another no-no on low fat. Well, anyway...I don't know if that helps...I hope so. Cheer up! :p Victoria

odd sock
Sat, Mar-30-02, 03:22
Hey fleadogs--

Under the Countdown Club section, I've just joined "Need a buddy..... 100 pounds to loose [sic]" and when I read this message I thought of you. The biggest reason was because everyone in the group so far has a goal of 130 lbs.! Strange, but true.