PDA

View Full Version : New to this board with question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

HopeToday
Thu, Mar-21-02, 17:23
Hi All,
I am new to this board and am very happy to find people who are actually discussing CAD!

I have been on Atkins for about 3 months and lost about 10lb but I am majorly stalled at 165. I feel it is not working and am not too happy about the restrictions.

Whenever I bring up CAD on another board - people tell me how it didnt work, too many cravings etc.......

Anyone here been on it long term and have something positive to say about it? I would love to hear that it works for many people becuase this may be my last left hope:-(

Has anyone come from Atkins in a stall situation and succeeded?

THANKS!!!

Gracia_30
Thu, Mar-21-02, 19:55
Hi and welcome aboard. :wave:

I've never been on Atkins but I think I can say in all certainty that it really depends on you. I know that certain things that are triggers for others don't bother me and I keep losing. I have also discovered (and still am) what actually triggers me.

Every diet is different for everyone. You could have 1000 people tell you how it works for them, and until you try it for yourself, you won't know if it works for you. How about trying it for a month. If after a month you don't like the results or find that you can't control yourself or even that you're not losing or not losing as much as you'd like, then try PP or go back on Atkins or find what is the best for you.

Hope you find your answers and what's best for you.

cogin
Sat, Mar-23-02, 18:17
Hi! I have been on CALP sine Aug 2001 and have lost about 40lbbs. Many people seem to record fadter losses than I am but I'm happy with the slow steady progress. This has to be a way of life for me and not a diet, so I have decided I can live within the pirimiters of this plan. I do have days when I loose ground but so far I have always managed to come back on track. Also I haave a lot to loose so maybe that makes it work better. I don't know but I'm sticking till I have a serious stall. Have a good one!

Libbyfcr
Sat, Mar-23-02, 20:32
I gave CALP a half hearted attempt in 2001. I guess I wasn't ready to make it a life long way of living because I set myself up to fail, AND I did.

This time I was ready. I truly feel that this is right for me. I am very happy with my slow weight loss because I know that it is the correct way to treat my body. I am like Gracia, I know some things that are triggers for me, and some things I can do that others can't. I am also still learning as I go.

Today I went to my very favorite GIANT furniture/appliances/etc. store and while there my kids and I had free hot dogs and drinks. I thought nothing of bringing my own water bottle or the fact that I got some funny looks for putting mustard on my hotdog bun and then rolling my hotdog in it and picking it up and eating it....and throwing away the bun.

This is my life now, and I am so very happy to be in it.
Libby :wave:

HopeToday
Sun, Mar-24-02, 08:43
Libby,
What is your average monthly loss?

Libbyfcr
Mon, Mar-25-02, 11:46
Hope,

I was 192 on January 1st. I restarted CALP on January 22nd at 190. As of today I am 30 pounds lighter. I lost 16.5 pounds in the first three weeks and about two pounds a week since then.

I do a weekly average just like the Hellers suggest in their books. It works great for me. I am a scale nut who gets upset if it goes up a half a pound, so the averages is a good thing for me because I can look back over the months and really see my progress without getting upset over the few times I showed a gain.

One thing I really notice that is different about me is this: I am able to wear my smaller sized clothes at a much higher weight than I had ever worn them before. Does this mean I am loosing more fat and less muscle? I sure hope so. Today I am sitting here in my COMFORTABLE size ten jean shorts. I NEVER expected to wear them until I reached about 150. This seems to be a very delightful side affect of a low carb lifestyle.

With best wishes,
:wave: Libby

HopeToday
Mon, Mar-25-02, 13:00
Libby,
That is GREAT news! I am at the 165 range doing Akins and I cant get that scale to budge!!! I lost 10 and now nothing

Do you exersise or anything that you think has helped you lose so much? What is your reward meals like?

Libbyfcr
Tue, Mar-26-02, 16:28
I have tried to reply to this post three times and my stupid AOL has booted me out each time. Is that an omen?

I am not much of an exerciser but I am a VERY active person. We take our dogs to the desert and do 2 to 3 hour hikes, um.......... probably twice a week on average. I have a huge yard, a garden, dog activities that keep me busy on weekends and two busy, busy kids to chase. I work out of my house and I have a terrible time sitting down to get anything done.

Now I am gona end this here and post it before I get kicked out again.

Libby :wave:

Libbyfcr
Tue, Mar-26-02, 16:33
My reward meals are CALP by the book.

I do a salad, my low carb veggie, usually a meat,chicken or fish, and what I have taken to calling a "healthy carb"............... you know........... those carbs that are in something that is actually good for us? LOL

Libby