PDA

View Full Version : egg carb count incorrect?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

s8ndr
Wed, Oct-24-07, 12:04
hi i have noticed that the carb count for 1 large egg is 0.4 on my plan,in dandr it say eggs are 0.6 it also says this on the info pages on this site , how can i change the figures in my plan to make the correct calculations

tmatrocks
Wed, Oct-24-07, 12:28
Count 1 egg as 1 carb just to be safe.

But I wouldn't sweat it - the egg is such a perfect food!

tamarian
Wed, Oct-24-07, 12:31
There are several listings for a variety of eggs on MyPlan, all taken from the USDA database. You can always grab the listed NDB item number, and compare it by number at the USDA website to check accuracy.

Wa'il

s8ndr
Mon, Oct-29-07, 03:42
2 hard boiled eggs = 1.1 carbs , 2 eggs cooked as omlette= 0.8 carbs , 2 eggs poached=0.8 carbs can someone explain why boiled eggs have more carbs according to my plan :q:

Rosebud
Mon, Oct-29-07, 05:09
First of all, I only ever add eggs as "whole, raw, fresh." Saves me a lot of confusion. :)

I suspect you are not changing the little drop down menu from the default of 100 grams. ;) I just checked "egg, whole, cooked, hard boiled" and the default of 100grams gives 1.1 carbs. When I changed the drop down menu to "1 large," it gave me 0.6 carbs.

Mind you, I then tried "egg, whole, cooked, poached" and after changing its default to "1 large" it gave me 0.4 carbs. I have no idea why the difference, but as I said, I just stick with my eggs as raw, and don't worry any further.

HTH :)

Roz:rose:

pennink
Mon, Oct-29-07, 09:40
just my two cents.. but I bet the poached is lower because you always lose part of the egg in the water (at least I do!) LOL!