PDA

View Full Version : Stalled and came back Fighting !!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

texas-newf
Thu, Feb-14-02, 21:39
Well, I've been pretty silent around the board the last two weeks. It's because I stalled and felt ok the first week but then when I still didn't lose I fell back into my old ways... While shopping at the grocery store I heard some old friends calling to me.... I said "hello Carrot Cake" and "hello chocolate bars" and what the heck... "Howdy potato chips"
Then I gained 4 lbs.... :mad:

Struggling and angry... I decided not to give up... after all I told myself that I lost 31 lbs in 6 weeks so I can't give up on this way of life... I feel too good !!

So it was abck to the grind and started eating right again and now I've lost the 4lbs I gained as well as another 3 lbs !!! :D

It is depressing when you stall,,, especially when you are used to losing 3-4 lbs a week !!

Just thought I'd share my story... so dont be like me and give up !! I just have to learn not be be a slave to the scale... I measured myself tonight and realized that I had lost 2 inches off my waist and 3 inches off my midsection, and 2 inches off my chest !! So I guess my body was somehow going through some kind of wierd transition ? Can anyone elaborate on this ?

Thanks and take care,
Craig

Gator
Fri, Feb-15-02, 07:26
Craig, I know about how frustrating those stalls can be. I was stalled for 2 weeks, and just the past couple of days, started to lose again. While on that plateau, you begin to wonder if it is really worth all of the sacrifice. That's the :devil: poking you with his pitch fork, trying to convince you to stay fat. Don't listen to him!

I was just able to revise my profile weight this morning, (down another 3 pounds) which made the battle through the plateau all worthwhile.

We just have to keep reminding ourselves that the struggle, although painful at times will create a life a thousand times happier than any food could possibly begin to do.

Hang in there.

http://www.donriddle.com/art2.jpg

Victoria
Fri, Feb-15-02, 09:15
Craig,
I hear you! That discouragement can really lead down the wrong path. Sometimes it's what's in our heads that really sabotage us. I had a scale crisis the other day and it took me probably a week to get over it. Just mentally.

I read something Doreen said to someone else, about your body adjusting to eating right. Your body could still be losing fat, even tho the scale hasn't moved. Your body may be restoring itself by building more muscle and burning fat while it's doing it. The tape measurer will let you know that you are improving, even if the scale stays the same.

Just keep doing what you know is right, and we all do understand! You are doing great! I just measured myself the other day and wrote it down so the next time I get discourage by those mean scales, I will be able to check how I'm improving. I know I look smaller, and have lost 4 inches almost everywhere I checked. So that made me happy!!!! :wave: Victoria

Mila
Fri, Feb-15-02, 11:37
thank you, Craig and Gator... God knows I needed to hear your testimonies. Feel better now. maybe my nasty stall will end someday too...

mila