PDA

View Full Version : Another new Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gator
Mon, Feb-04-02, 06:57
I have been low carbing for about 5 weeks, and have lost nearly 40 pounds. I do have a long way to go though, and the support from this board appears to be nothing short of fantastic.

I feel like I'm on a good roll right now and the devil himself couldn't get me to cheat.

I'm looking forward to being a member of this great group. I feel fortunate to have found it.

Victoria
Mon, Feb-04-02, 09:04
Heydey hey Gator,
Good to see you're already doing so well. Five weeks and 40 pounds!!! That is just amazing. What plan are you doing? I'm unfamiliar with "High-Energy".

I am glad you found this forum. It has helped many of us keep on track and continue to learn how to make this a way of life. We all have a long way to go in the triple digit club, but it's good to be among friends. :wave: Victoria

Gator
Mon, Feb-04-02, 09:18
Hi Victoria! Thanks for the reply.

Hi-Energy is a local low carb weight loss clinic here on the Gulf Coast. I think they have clinics in several other states, but couldn't tell you where.

Though it's low carb diet, I think it has more carbs than the Atkins diet.

It sort of goes like this:

Breakfast: protein/40 cal wheat bread/supplement
Lunch: 4 oz protein/ 1fruit/1 cup vegetables/supplement
Dinner: 4 oz protein/4 oz salad/1 cup vegetables/40 cal wheat bread/supplement
Lots of water

Write down everything you eat
Weigh in 3 times a week
Bring in urine specimen twice a week
Blood pressure once a week
Measurements every 3 weeks
Complete blood work every 6 weeks

It is a lot of support, but there's nothing like talking to a group of fine people that are going through the same thing.

It's great to be here. I will try to provide positive input at every opportunity.

ldypgmr
Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:00
Hey Gator
I'm a newbe as well, welcome to the club...hope to hear from you often.

Dee

Gator
Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:30
Thanks Dee, I appreciate the kind words.

I'll be looking for you!