PDA

View Full Version : Bikini Countdown

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

goingfor60
Sat, Dec-29-01, 20:07
I can countdown all I want to - but the real moment will be when I purchase my first bikini!

We are all different shapes, sizes and weights but that doesnt mean we cant share the same quest for the ultimate bikini. I want that perfect suit that makes me/us look awesome in our newly transformed bodies.

Now I'm not jumping off the deep end looking for a thong and nipple covers I want a suit that I can be pretty,sexy and ultimately dazzling in.

So are we on the same page? Will you be wearing a bikini by summer? There's not a carb out there that will come between me and my goal - Are you with me?

Shannon :wave:

AngelaR
Sun, Dec-30-01, 14:23
Going for 60:

*LOL* You live in sunny California..perfect climate for bikinis. And you are hundreds of years younger than me...so I'll pass on the bikini.

But...one of these days I will fit back into a size 12 swimsuit and be brave enough to hit the local pool to swim laps again. Gosh how I miss that. It was the only exercise I ever did that I enjoyed.

alto
Sun, Dec-30-01, 14:28
I will leave this earth without ever having worn a bikini, but I'm so happy to see you back and up and going for it, Shannon. In your next triathalon, you WILL be wearing a bikini and we'll make you post pictures :)

Happy New Year!

goingfor60
Sun, Dec-30-01, 18:30
Yes AngelaR I live in sunny california and los angeles is known to be the home of the beautiful people, so I have a lot of competition and bikini's are required. Beauty is on the inside, doesnt work in this town! We should be known as the home of the most shallow people in the world!

What are you talking about "when you can get into a size 12" - I was wearing a size 12 at 180lbs - I thought I looked cute but hmm that was just my opinion. Swimming is awesome, dont give it up regardless of how you look in a suit

Alto - woman you slay me... How about this - if when I get into my bikini I will strut around with enough attitude for the both of us. My father has threatened to buy me cushions for my doorways since he seems to think my head has gotten too large to fit through them the normal way.

Anyway ladies - day by day, who knows what you can accomplish!

Shannon

liddle
Sun, Dec-30-01, 19:01
I can't believe I am actually putting this in writing. But Ok. Bikini it is. (Thank-G_d the pool is only in my back yard) LOL

No, seriously, with enough determination and enough laughs from you Shannon, ( you kill me ) anything is possible.

Heather

goingfor60
Mon, Dec-31-01, 23:07
Go Heather - I'll have you out in the streets flaunting the bikini in no time! The commitment is great, we'll have to work on that backyard thing.

Who will see the new bod with a fence wrapped around you?

I just got the Victoria's Secret catalogue today and it had some new suits but I really dont like their quality. I've had 3 outfits from them that I had to return most after one wearing because it was either poor quality or just made wrong.

Are you doing crunches for the stomach or is that not a problem area for you?

I currently do 7 different ab execises with 15 reps on each. My stomach is always the last thing to go. Let me know if you need some advice on how to cause your stomach great pain from ab exercises

Shannon

lauraW
Tue, Jan-01-02, 08:49
Shannon,

I am new to all this...but I do work out every day..and I know that my stomach is going to be the toughest part. After 3 kids, 2 of which were c-sections, I think my stomach forgot how to be normal looking. Any suggestions?

Laura

AngelaR
Tue, Jan-01-02, 10:05
Originally posted by goingfor60
What are you talking about "when you can get into a size 12" - I was wearing a size 12 at 180lbs

At 190 I was a size 18. At 170.5 I'm a size 16. *LOL* Good old mom nature gives it to me all around my belly. If I were to slip into a swimsuit now, people would think I was 7 months pregnant! I've lost a couple of inches around my tummy, but Mom N has recently decided that my fingers are too fat, and that's where I'm losing my inches now. My rings are all way too big now! I have a LONG way to go to manage a size 12 again.

KarenB
Tue, Jan-01-02, 22:14
Interesting... I'm trying to guess at when I'll fit into a 12. I never imagined I'd be in a 14 weighing what I do now (173), so I'm rather at a loss. ::chuckling::

Now about that bikini thing... :lol: I don't think I'll even be comfortable in a 2-piece, let alone a bikini. A tankini, maybe--something that covers my tummy. Or most of it. I'd be happy finding a really sexy one-piece with some--er--interesting cutouts. It's more often about what's *not* showing than what is, know what I mean?

Y'know, never mind figuring out when I'll be a 12--what will I be when I finish, at 155????

agonycat
Wed, Jan-02-02, 09:17
Okay Shannon you are on girlfriend!

You know what they say about Californians......they are transplanted Texans!

I finally managed to get into my size 10 jeans so I am almost there. My body still looks pretty flabby though, but this morning I started my new fitness plan!

Meet you at beach!

goingfor60
Thu, Jan-03-02, 01:01
If I had tummy issues I'd be sportin the bikini! I have belly issues and the tummy is something I strive for!

To LauraW the best advise I can give at the moment is to increase the cardio - really get your heart rate going and then there's the crunches. The old faithful god awful crunches - I'll post some crunch exercises to help everyone out.

They really do work - I'm starting to see a difference but it did take almost 6 months to see it. The common mistake is to do 10,000 crunches/sit ups and no cardio work. (I almost sound like a professional - and just think it only cost me thousands of dollars for a personal trainer to say the same things) We tend to do the crunches looking for flat ripped up abs and maybe we have them, but its still under the 5,10 20+ pounds of fat that we hold on top of them. Burn the fat and the abs will come.

Hey KarenB

Tankini - you are so cute - I'm starting to believe that I must have looked like a sausage in my last 3 suits. At my heaviest 202 I wore a size 16 bathing suit and it had cut outs in the stomach, chest and was backless. I sound like an over confident freak, I gotta go back and re-examine my last vacation photos. Really I thought I was lookin pretty sexy in my caramel colored suit. Maybe I should send apology notes to the hotel for putting up with me. ;)

To all of my other soon to be bikini wearing friends Welcome to my world of Oh yeah I look good! There will be no selling yourself short or I think I can's - you will be the best looking woman walkin just because we all know what you went through to get where you are. Whomever gets into their suit first we must read about how it felt and how you feel, because good feelings are contagious.

TTFN
Shannon

daisy
Thu, Jan-03-02, 04:08
I LOVE the beach- I'm living in the wrong country though!! :cool:

I wore a bikini & very short shorts to the beach even when I had no business wearing anything smaller than a kingsize quilt! I figured there was always someone bigger than me there & tried to set my towel next to hers! :D I need to tone up too, but whether I do or not I'll be shakin' my booty in my itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny turquoise polka dot bikini (with uplifts). It's just there might be more shaking if I don't!

:wiggle:

Just breathe in Alto!!

:daizy:

liddle
Thu, Jan-03-02, 08:37
Oh my G_D! You guys are so funny! Shannon and Daisy, you both need to start a comedy routine and go on tour!together! You crack me up!
Well, atleast it's you guys making me laugh and not what I am seeing in the mirror this morning. I hate crunches with a passion! So I got my hubby to get me a torso slide for Christmas. This thing is incredible!!! I can see a difference already! I'm not ready for a public pool by any means but I can see how and why this thing works.

Laura, I too have had 2 c-sections. Cardio is a must! But I really would recommend the torso slide! I think it gives more of a strech and rebuild than crunches do. Atleast for that bellow the belly -button pouch that c-sections are so famous for!

Later Ladies,
I'm in NC (not the mountains) and have 8 inches of snow to shovel! What the Heck is up with that???

Sh'ra
Thu, Jan-03-02, 10:44
You all crack me up!

Even when I was slim and svelte, I didn't care for bikinis. I did have a really pretty sleek black swimsuit that I loved and looked good in, though. My goal weight will have me searching out one of those. It had a really low scooped back (not that low -no "electrician's disease" please - not the infamous butt crack :)).

The legs were cut really hig on the sides. I loved how I looked in that suit. Ah, back in the day :D

Sh'ra

goingfor60
Thu, Jan-03-02, 20:36
Here are a few crunches to try - I will separate them according to difficulty...

Easy
Regular Crunches - hands behind head as you reach up and forward towards your stomach - keep your chin up, this helps to not hurt your neck.

Medium
Side to side Crunches I dont know the tech term. Regular crunch position but this time with knees together rotate your legs to the left and lay them on the floor together. Now do a regular crunch from this position. Repeat on the right side. Chin up!

Difficult
Toe reach crunch -raise both legs in the air together. Raise your arms up and reach to touch your toes.

Beginners, I would start with 4 reps of 5. Do 5 counts of one crunch rest and repeat doing 5 more and rest until you reach a total of 20.

Intermediate, 5 reps of 10. Doing 10 reps of the same or variations of crunches.

Advanced, right now I dont know I'm still in the middle I do 7 reps of 15.

Believe me there are many more than what I have served up on this plate. I've got plenty more, I've subscribed to Shape magazine. Tell me whether or not this works for you, like do I need to describe them more or anything.

See ya,
Shannon

daisy
Fri, Jan-04-02, 06:05
7 reps of 15? Ouch! But no pain, no bikini! Thanks Shannon, I'm going to try those out this weekend. I had a c-section too, though I had a little bit of a pot belly before then. Well, I thought I had. I only weighed about 110lbs back then! Sigh! Those were the days! Now, got anything for stretch marks?! :D

Daisy

liddle
Fri, Jan-04-02, 09:54
Wait until it is closer to bikini season, then use a tanning bed. A good tan covers those stretch marks up like you wouldn't believe.
I'm not big on tanning beds myself, but when it's closer to bathing suit season, better believe I'm in one ;)

Take Care,
Heather

nomorefat
Sun, Jan-06-02, 16:22
MY goal too :daze: Bikini on the cruise in June! I liked your thought of no carb can keep me from my goal!!! angela

agonycat
Mon, Jan-07-02, 08:14
That Bikini is getting closer and closer ;)

Down 3 pounds since last week. Only 25 more to go!

lauraW
Mon, Jan-07-02, 08:20
Congrats on the 3 pounds down!! Keep up the good work. I am due to go to Cancun in June..dont think it will be a bikini by then..but I would settle for a decent one piece and look good!!

Laura

liddle
Mon, Jan-07-02, 09:17
Well, unless I have lipo suction, it's gonna take more than 8lbs. for me to get into a bikini this year. My body just doesn't look the same as it did the last time I was at 148lbs. I'm alright until you get to my thighs. I just don't get it! I do work out to get rid of the exta fat and not worried about my muscle. I have really big quads for someone my size. ( Combination of lifting and genetics ) It's just the fat on my inner thighs!Unless I can loose 4 pounds from each thigh, I'll be wearing a bikini with a skirt bottom. Not quite the bikini I was hoping for. I know I'll have to change my goal. I just want to see 100% under my stats before I go changing it.

Later,
Heather

lauraW
Mon, Jan-07-02, 09:25
Hmmm...

Liposuction..now there's an idea!! :D
I am hoping that by working out..it will help get things where they are supposed to be as I lose..

Laura

nomorefat
Mon, Jan-07-02, 10:29
Laura, where do you workout???? home, gym???? I go to the YMCA. Haven't seen alot of results but do feel much better! Went back on induction today since have strayed so over the holidays. Am pushing toward that bikini!! angela

agonycat
Mon, Jan-07-02, 10:41
Inner thighs you say?

Do this....dont pull anything either! Only do what your thighs say you can at first. Pulling a groan muscle is NOT the nicest thing you can do. Plus you end up feeling crippled for months while it heals.

Get a kitchen chair, or a chair with 4 legs. (Note, swivel chairs with a post ain't gonna work!)

Sit in the floor in front of the chair.
Place feet on either side. Left to left side of chair. Right to right side.
Now, place the arch of each foot on its side of the front chair leg. Squeeze and hold for a count of 100. (Note, if you can't do 100 DON"T!) This will firm up those inner thighs, however pushing yourself on these will end up pulling that delicate little muscle.

Once you hit 100, increase count times. Count slowly! No race counting or counting by 10 :P

liddle
Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:37
Thanks, I'll give that a try cuz thigh master doesn't do crap!!!

Later,
Heather

agonycat
Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:53
Forgot to add. Your feet go on the OUTSIDE of the chair legs about 2 or 3 inches off the ground. You can place your arms behind you to lean on for back support. Legs are straight out, no bends, do not lock the knees.

At first you are like "oh these are easy!", just wait at around 50 you will be screaming. At least I do :) If you can do 100 first time out of the box....You are my hero!

sunshine2
Mon, Jan-07-02, 11:56
I'm a bikini moma wanna be. LOL.

I love the beach, I love the water, I love the sun but I hate the way I look in a bathing suit. I would just love to strut my stuff in a bikini (so would my husband). So, that is my ultimate goal, to walk around in a bikini and feel good about it, LOL.

I'm leaving for Acapulco in 69 days, and I won't be bikini bound by then, but I'm just hoping to put on a bathing suit without everyone gasping and thinking, "my God, what is she thinking wearing that to the beach." So, I've started some major ab exercises. But these damed ole thighs (especially the back side) are just pure disgusting. Gonna have to try the chair thing.

I took my bofore picture in a bikini and I made my husband go pick the pictures up after they were developed (I was too embarrased). But the whole reason I did that was because I want to see the progress when I take my after picture in a bikini also!

At 195.5 (my weight this morning) It's going to take a lot of work to get me in a bikini by this summer, but I'm going to give it my best!

agonycat
Tue, Jan-08-02, 06:53
How many of you did the thigh excerise last night and how did you do?

sunshine2
Tue, Jan-08-02, 08:19
I DID, I DID. I had a little trouble getting coordinated, but I think I figured it out finally. This morning, my inner thighs are a little sore, so I know I worked something last night.

Tama
Tue, Jan-08-02, 14:48
Okay, you talked me into it. Bikini, here I come! I figure if I keep up the tae-bo really steadily, I should be ready by summer! Awesome idea. My husband will trip over his jaw. But that's the best part, aye? ;)

sunshine2
Tue, Jan-08-02, 15:08
Go Tama! Hey what part of Arizona are you in? I'm going to Bullhead City AZ in April, its by Laughlin Neveda.

Tama
Tue, Jan-08-02, 19:24
Hey, Sunshine! Yes, I know Bullhead city! I am down south, though. What brings you to the desert, if I may ask?
Anyway, I am really getting pumped for this "summer of the bikini" that we are all going to have! Going to take some work, though. Every time I work out I hear the Jell-O gelatin theme song playing in my head, "Watch it wiggle, see it jiggle, Tama's booty, is so large and flaaaaby" :D
I figure, I'm 28 years old and I have never owned a bikini past age 3. If I don't get into one now, when will I ever? Anyways! Thanks for the motivation, guys! I am way up for this!
Hugs, tama

sunshine2
Wed, Jan-09-02, 09:30
Yes, I'm very pumped too for a bikini. I am a major sun goddess, love the sun, I know they say its bad for you and when you get to be 70 you'll have so many wrinkles, but at 70, I deserve to have wrinkles, my opinion. I was supposed to be going to Acapulco in March, but they have switched the trip date to April 17, so that gives me more time to loose some of my "jello" LOL.

My Grandfather's 80th bday is in April too, so we are planning on flying out there and surprising him. So the party is going to be at my Aunts place in Bullhead City, so I will be going to the desert April 12th.

Yes at 28 is a good age, I'm 35 and I wish I would have got this weight off in my 20's. The older you get, the harder it is.

Keep up the great work Tama, you Tae-bo queen you. Billy and I had a date last night too, but Billy is too fast for me, but I'm not giving up.

liddle
Wed, Jan-09-02, 09:52
Tama,
Hey, I was talking about body frame size (bone size) a few weeks ago on another thread. It's kind of hard to tell from the measurements you gave. Try this and let me know what it says.
http://www.healthstatus.com/fsz.html

Talk later,
Heather

I myself have a large frame.

goingfor60
Thu, Jan-10-02, 18:38
So you all have made the commitment and I am thrilled to see it. So has anyone shopped for suits yet?

We (I) need to know who has some good stuff. I already know that a $90.00 bikini is going to look great on me when I get to that point, but I want a starter suit thats gonna cost much less. Let me get abs of steel and then I'll break the bank.

Anyone with ideas?

The chair exercises were great anyone with more? I noticed that no on asked for more crunch exercises. No pain no gain ladies!!!!

I also noticed we have a few people with vacation dates coming, are you doing anything different to speed up the weightloss?

TTFN

sunshine2
Fri, Jan-11-02, 08:31
Hey Shannon, I have really upped my exercising program for the "bikini countdown", Expecially those ab exercises. Even at my desk during the day I do simple exercses for my abs, like tightening, then loosening them. I've also started doing some ab video tapes 3 - 4 x per week.

I think my abs will fall into shape once the fat melts off around them. lol.

I'm not ready to shop yet for a bikini, by far, I only look at a few in the magazines, but I have that perfect swim suit picked out in my head. I've even cut my face off of a picture of me and stuck it on a picture of a swimsuit model and put it on my bathroom mirror. This way I can visualize what I'm going to look like some day. I know I'm weird, but this makes it real for me, that I can do it and i will do it!

I'm so pumped these days about getting into shape, my husband said I'm obsessed! I'm glad I'm obsessed with loosing weight instead of eating! ;)

Tama
Fri, Jan-11-02, 11:07
I have been just focusing on doing my Tae-bo, myself. It seems to be all-encompassing for me. Abs, arms, legs, booty, got it all covered. But since setting this goal, maybe I'll add a few more extra crunches at the end of the hour, just for good measure. But I sure am tired by then! What do you guys think?
As for picking out a swimsuit, I know this is a bikini countdown, but I am totally in love with tankinis. Does that count? I think they are so cute and would be so flattering on me, once I am in better shape. It really is something to shoot for, anything that helps get you there, huh?
Hugs, Tama

goingfor60
Fri, Jan-11-02, 23:16
Bikini's are great but Tankini's count too!

Sunshine2 I think for us to be obsessed with weightloss is an ok kinda thing. Obsessed with working out is what we are because we see the goal and want it bad enough.

I was working out tonight with my trainer and I mentioned this group and she gave me a new ab exercise that has nothing to do with a regular crunch.

So here it is - I liked it and it wasnt a killer.

Lay flat on the floor arms stretched above your head and your legs flat on the floor in front of you. Now lift your left arm and right leg and try to reach up to touch your toes, then release and repeat with the right arm reaching toward your toes on your raised left leg.

Doing the right and then the left leg counts as 1 do as many of these as you can. Right now I am doing 15 and they werent hatefull!

I use to chant to myself "I think I can" over and over now my chant is "I can, I can".

Some of us use bikini photos, I do mental chants... what do you do to stay motivated?

Write ya soon

goingfor60
Sat, Jan-12-02, 21:41
I was using a gift certificate I received for xmas in 2000 for a store I couldnt previously wear anything. So feeling good about myself I scamper into "The Limited" I buy some pants and a shirt and spent only $3.08 on top of my gift certificate.

As I walked back towards my car I go through Macy's. And there it was, the bathing suits section. To further motivate myself I grabbed a ralph lauren and a calvin klein in a size 12 knowing that it was too big for me and a further boost to my ego.

I tried it on and that's when the shrieking scream let loose from my lips and escaped. Dogs began to bark in nearby neighborhoods and the display windows within the mall shattered one by one, small children cried and people yelled to duck and cover. Those damned bathing suits were way too small, I couldnt/didnt want to believe it. I took out my pants and blouse and re-tried them on again. I have been working so hard for this and I looked so hideous as if I hadnt lost a pound.

With a scowl on my face and hatred in my eyes for all things ralph lauren and calvin klein I left the mall. If I had some cash on me I would have gotten something to eat to make myself feel better. Thankfully I was broke and putting the need for gasoline ahead of my quest for comfort foods. Although I went to the gym yesterday and today from now on I plan on going everyday!

The bikini has won this round, but the next one is all about me!

See Ya

Danielle
Sun, Jan-13-02, 19:36
Hi Ladies.

I can't wait to be able to purchase a bikini. The last time I wore one was when I was five years old. I keep setting small golas for myself, but the last 10-14 days I haven't seen much of a difference on the scale. It's starting to become frustrating, but I am not giving up.

Hopefully I will be going a way this summer and I want to feel good about myself when I am sitting on the beach. I set mini goals of about 4 lbs at a time. Well good luck everyone!

Tama
Sun, Jan-13-02, 21:10
Welcome, Danielle! I can't think of a better motivation than a summer vacation. Maybe I will plan one myself. ;) Try not to get frustrated with the scale. I have learned that you can lose inches without losing pounds. Have you measured yourself? Good luck and keep it up, you will get there!

Shannon, I did that new ab exercise your trainer gave you tonight. I did it right after my regular workout and at first, I thought I couldn't feel it working, but after 10 reps, I could feel the burn! Not intolerable though. Quick question: Is the back supposed to stay flat, or can your shoulder come up a bit? Just want my form to be correct.

Thanks, Tama

goingfor60
Sun, Jan-13-02, 22:43
Hi Danielle - welcome to our group of bikini bound babes. A summer vacation is the absolute best place to sport a new bikini. I have the exact same plan... I am going to 3 islands in Tahiti and am hoping to sport the new bod and bikini for the trip. Good luck on your crusade, we are all here to help in any way we can.

Hey Tama - I am glad you tried the exercise! Its great if you can lift your shoulder up off the floor just remember to keep your chin up. You dont want to tuck it in and put a lot of strain on your neck. Let me know if/when you want a group of different ab techniques to put them together in a circuit. You Go Superwoman!

See ya

sunshine2
Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:21
I start with a personal trainer today, matter of fact in just 10 minutes. We are going to strictly work my abs. I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow. Looking forward to a grueling ab exercise.

sunshine2
Mon, Jan-14-02, 13:04
Just got back from my ab exercises, all I can say is OUCH!! I'm already feeling it, I hope I can even breath tomorrow.

One of the things he had me do was lay flat on your back, then raise your shoulders off the ground, then raise your butt and legs off the ground, (keep your shoulders up at the same time) then start peddling like your on a bike. This one killed me, I did 100, then several other exercises too. I'm hurting.

But the bikini will make it all worth while. ;)

thinknthin
Mon, Jan-14-02, 13:04
YIKES>>WHO SAID THAT BAD WORD! MY BUNS WOULD TAKE OFF RUNNING ON THEIR OWN AT THE MENTION OF A BIKINI>
thats why i am here....goal 145...current about 165...i think!
5.11 height and turned that dreadful 31 last month

lauraW
Mon, Jan-14-02, 13:18
31 isnt dreaful..I am going to turn 38 this year..I cant believe it..but, I feel better today than I have in a long time!!

Gotta try those ab exercises..they sound painful.. :D

Tama
Mon, Jan-14-02, 16:06
Welcome, Thinknthin!! Hey, you are 5'11"! You don't sound like you have very far to go, considering how tall you are! You should look great this summer in the bikini! Tall people always do.

Sunshine, if I have the energy after the ab thing Shannon suggested, I am going to do that new exercise too. It sounds killer, but it should get some results! If I keep this up, I am going to have to plan 2 hours for my workout, instead of just one! I guess it will all be worth it, though!!

Hugs, Tama

thinknthin
Tue, Jan-15-02, 14:17
i like being on the thinner side you couldsay..because people are always saying how "BIG" i am...i hate the word big. UGG!
how tall are you....to put it in prospective...i weighed135 in august,worked at a very stressful job, 60 hrs a week, at a 100mph. my husband encouraged me to go elsewhere even though the pay is less. anyway i gained 30 lbs in 4 mths. went to the doctor, they sd i have a very slow metabolism now and to exercise. i added it up on day i was eating like 200 g of carbs a day...i guess my old job kept me going so crazy the stress burned it off... i went from a 5/6 to a 9/10. i want to be a 7/8..in the middle. 135 was thin and 165 is too NOT thin. 145 is kinda middle of the road. so far seems good day 4, lost 2.5 lbs and pee pee'd on a ketone strip and it was PINK!!!finally, the last 3 days it was no ketones at all...now it shows a lot....have you tried them?

Tama
Tue, Jan-15-02, 15:46
No, I can't say that I have tried the strips. They remind me too much of a pregnancy test :eek: . But congrats on being in ketosis! :thup: That's always good news.

I guess I understand about the height thing. Personally, I am 5'8". So can't relate firsthand, but my best friend is 6 foot and she is constantly hearing how "huge" she is. And she isn't overweight at all. I still maintain that taller people look the best in bikinis - so you have that to look forward to!

Sounds like you have made a major lifestyle change - good for you! Keep it up and visit the forum whenever you need a boost of encouragement. This place is awesome.

Hugs, Tama

thinknthin
Tue, Jan-15-02, 16:24
thanks for the encouragement!!! keep me posted and happy no carb eating....i am having a big fat carbless salad for dinner while my husband eats a big carbfull thick crust pizza for dinner....
life can be so unfair :( ...hee hee hee...
chat at ya later!
p.s. i wuv the quote you submit with your email...i copied it and gave it to a friend i work with on the same diet...we are out the door as we speak for our 3.5 mile cruise!!!
nite...nite :wave:

thinknthin
Tue, Jan-15-02, 16:26
yeah 31 isnt that tough....38 sounds the same to me...it is the scale that everyly increase with age that i refuse to accept!! :roll:
but thanks for the encouragement!!
chat later...nite nite

Tama
Tue, Jan-15-02, 17:10
That was the sound that the new JC Penney catalog made as it arrived at my front door today. I went straight to the swimsuit section. My goodness, is there any chance I can look like that? I know those pictures are retouched, but still, I don't know if all of my parts are in the right places any more :D . There is a huge selection, and so many beautiful suits, how does one choose?

Heck, if I get my body looking half as good as those models, I might not even bother with the suit at all! Here I am world! See me, Love me!

Hugs to all,
Tama

daisy
Wed, Jan-16-02, 07:30
31 is tough! You're not '29 and a bit' anymore- you're officially 'in your thirties!'. You must have gotten ues to that at 38! Just wait till you're 41- then you'll see! ;)

Tama- good luck to you, just be careful. That sand can get everywhere! :eek:

Take care

Daisy

thinknthin
Wed, Jan-16-02, 11:08
hey daisy and tama....i am still laughing at the jc penney catalog comments....thats too funny :p also i think the sand everywhere is even funnier...haa haa haa :D ...i havent even imagined that dirty word called "BIKINI" i cant even image coming out of the dressing room...much less in public on a beach or by a pool..holy hotdogs...i am getting quezy already! yikes :eek:

I was wondering if you guys work out too and do you take your inches measurements. i havent lost but 2.5 lbs in going on 5 days but my clothes look and feel much better.

i walk 3+ miles a nite/ 5 days a week/ and started in a gym after the walk about 2 days ago..doing sit ups, lite weigts with the arms and the rowing machine. someone please tell me this will eventually work !

food for thought: last nite while i was munching on my low carb salad my husband ate an entire dijorno (spelling?) pizza...i looked at it and 1/6 (a slice) had 46g of carbs...thats 276g of carbo's total. he makes me want to SCREAM :o if you're wondering ? yes he is fit and trim....sorry dog!!!...i probably gained a pound looking at it/ or 2 pounds smelling it..ha ha ha ha :wave:

catch ya later guys...happy low carbing it!!

Tama
Wed, Jan-16-02, 14:41
Hey, Thinknthin! Yes I work out, I do the Tae-bo advanced tape (60 min.) pretty regularly. It works really well for me. I took my measurements a while back. Probably won't again for a little while, I like to wait a long time in between. Then my losses are higher when I do measure. :D Whatever motivates you!

I have a husband just like yours. Life is so unfair! We have to have the babies AND the low metabolism! I have such a bone to pick with the man upstairs when I die!

Hugs, tama

sunshine2
Wed, Jan-16-02, 14:58
[QUOTE]Originally posted by thinknthin
I was wondering if you guys work out too and do you take your inches measurements. i havent lost but 2.5 lbs in going on 5 days but my clothes look and feel much better.

Well, if you read my journal, you will see how terribly frustrated I have been at my sloooooooooow, turtle crawling, snail moving weight loss. But I was measured last night, and although the scales are not showing a loss but only 1/2 pound, the inches are falling off. I've lost a total of 6 1/2" since December 28th. So, the motto of the story is, don't sweat the scales, they don't tell the whole story. Take your measurements and you will see a different story.

PS, yes I do workout, quite regularly, doing ab exercises to get ready for the bikini, lol. And weight training, and fitting tae-bo in 2 - 3x's per week.

Happy low carbing to all. :wave:

goingfor60
Thu, Jan-17-02, 00:30
Whew, I started a group and can hardly participate! My internet connection has been up and down for weeks and now they finally tell me that its fixed! Woo Hoo!

I know its late but welcome thinknthin! I to am a dedicated workout junkie. For my exercise I do most of it in the gym with cardio classes, a personal trainer for weights and then being the freak that I am I constantly train for upcoming triathlons.

I dont like taking my measurements because they are always bigger than what I feel they should be. I am willing to live with the fact that I am scale obsessed. Every morning rain, shine or freezing cold I am out in the garage getting on that scale. I'm so obsessed that my cat has picked up my sick scale behavior. I get on weigh and then when I'm done she gets on and I tell her the weight as if she knows what I am saying and then I advise her of how fat she is, on a daily basis (we both should seek professional help!)

Anyway, bikini question... I need to find a bikini top that is going to fit me, I'm a 36-38 DD with a much smaller bottom. Has anyone seen suits for people that are really not proportioned well? Not only do I want the airbrushed model body but I gotta add my own specific quirks to the mix.

Hey Agonycat what happened to ya?

Ok TTFN
Shannon

daisy
Thu, Jan-17-02, 02:27
I officially Started To Exercise last night! About half an hours worth of crunches & girly press ups & things. It's a start!

Try looking for a store that sells the tops & bottoms separately, Shannon. Lots of places over here have started to do that the last couple of years, so you can buy different sizes & shapes to get the best fit & most flattering cut.

I hope your cat isn't going to get some sort of weight problem here, Shannon. I have a vision of you waking in the night to find her standing at the refrigerator, scooping ice cream from the tub with a bar of chocolate... :eek: Poor little thing. ;)

You guys keep up the good work!

Take care, Daisy

Tama
Thu, Jan-17-02, 08:42
Hey, Shannon! Alot of catalogs, including the one I previously mentioned have a "mix n match" section for bikinis. Hi cut, low cut, hi waist, low waist, bikini or tankini top. All kinds of coordinating prints and colors. You can fashion an adorable liittle number with all the choices they give you. That is what I am planning on doing, anyway. Too cute!

Daisy, congrats on starting a workout routine! Pretty soon you will be leading the pack, I know.

Hugs to all, Tama

thinknthin
Thu, Jan-17-02, 09:38
hey to all...i loved reading all the notes and advise.! THANKS!
it helps keep me motivated.! the bikini tops that are underwires and look like a "bra" design are the best..my sister is a 38 dd too!
and as everyone said the mix and match are great...and not that more expensive than the one suit in all. i have noticed the SMALLER THE SUIT>>>>THE BIGGER THE PRICE>>>HA HA HA :rolleyes: that makes no sense!

i work out with a friend..she has lot 9.5 lbs...i am up to 3lbs. but she says my clothes look better...i am breaking down tonite and wrestling with the tape measure..yikes!

i am still giggling about the kitty cat....what a life...lay around all day...have someone serve you daily and have no stress or worries! the life of riley i suppose!

keep up the good work bikini gals..chat at ya soon! :wave: :wave

here comes friday!!!yeah :wave: :

sunshine2
Thu, Jan-17-02, 10:33
Yep, I'm determined to be a "bikini moma". I do my second set of ab training today. I'm still a little sore from the workout on Monday, but feeling a lot better than I did yesterday.

We have a store here in Oklahoma that sells bottoms and tops seperately, you might check in your area and call the "Sun & Ski" stores. They usually sell swim suits seperately.

I've also started tanning a bit, just to get some color on me before the swim suit season.

I decided if I don't get into a bikini this summer, (I still have so much to loose) I will next summer. :cool: But, I'm still aiming for this summer, I'm giving it my all!

Happy Low carbing all!

thinknthin
Thu, Jan-17-02, 11:30
that is still excellent! 40 lbs is greEEAAAATTTT! i am sure you can do it...tanning is a good idea too...alittle olor does make you look and feel better!

we decided today to take our measurements...holy cow!!!! we must be completely BONKERS :daze: . i will tell you how it turns out

agonycat
Fri, Jan-18-02, 10:52
I am still here. It's been a tough week for me :(

My hubby had all 4 of his wisdom teeth removed and I have been a tad busy taking care of him. You know how guys turn into big babies when it comes to pain and not feeling well. Plus I gained 7 pounds of water this week due to ahem.

So it's been a pretty crappy week for me. It will get better I am sure ;)

I will be glad when it's all over with :)

liddle
Fri, Jan-18-02, 11:11
Sorry to hear about hubby! If mine had his wisdom teeth taken out, I'm sure I'd have to be at his bekken call. You'd think the whole world is coming to an end the way some men go on! Funny though, as long as it doesn't totally interfer with life, I kinda like it. :rolleyes: It reminds him just how much he needs me! :D

Sorry to hear about the water weight. I know what you're going through. Nothing fits right, and Tom is just taking his good ol' time getting here. Wish I could just get it over with already. It's a wonder we women can loose any weight at all, as soon as it's off, we hold that much weight in water! And we have to go through this EVERY month! How fair is that? Ok, I'm done b_tching. Take care of yourself Angonycat

Later ladies,
Heather

thinknthin
Fri, Jan-18-02, 14:04
you poor thing...but i know the feeling... about TOM...i though i was one of the few that gained 5-7lbs overnite!!! yikey yucky!

quik question maybe someone can tell me....about two weeks before "that time" my 14K gold rings turn my fingers a green grey color, and every where they touch me and rub i turn green grey...i can even draw a line on my skin. what do you think this is from..it has nothing to do with the low carb diet, because on and off i have always had this happen/...sometimes more than other times???

thanks...happy weekend to all low carbers out there

agonycat
Fri, Jan-18-02, 14:14
I had that problem with watches.

I think it has to do with either the ph balance of your system or salt balance. I would actually wear the plating off of the backs of watches exposing the metal alloy underneath the gold or silver plating. Only thing that stopped it was wearing a stainless steel plated dive watch.

Not sure what can be done about it.

Tama
Fri, Jan-18-02, 16:26
I have had that happen! Glad to hear I am not the only one. I don't know if you would want to do this to your rings, but someone told me to take clear finger-nail polish and polish the inside of the ring and let dry. I did it and the rings never marked me again. Worked for me, anyway.

Hugs all! Tama

sunshine2
Fri, Jan-18-02, 16:51
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tama
[I have had that happen! Glad to hear I am not the only one. I don't know if you would want to do this to your rings, but someone told me to take clear finger-nail polish and polish the inside of the ring and let dry. I did it and the rings never marked me again. Worked for me, anyway].

I will have to try this, I quit wearing my rings because my fingers turned green.

goingfor60
Fri, Jan-18-02, 18:24
Well Agonycat I hope things are better on the homefront soon with your hubby.

OK here's my gripe try not getting a TOM on a regular basis and then after being happy go lucky for oh lets say 6 months without it. Then deal with the one that comes which lasts for up to 8 days and causes you nothing but severe uncontrolled mood swings with up to 15 pounds of water weight.

Now welcome to my world of insanity!

Here's a question and I want an honest answer...

When you lose a pound or more and you update your profile, then if you gain a pound or more back to do you update your profile to show the gain?

I have found that I dont, it seems so depressing for me to change that number to something I worked so hard to get away from!

Anyway....

See ya
Shannon

liddle
Fri, Jan-18-02, 19:26
Just my opinion but, I think if that pound is there for a week, you should post it. That way when you finally loose it, we can celebrate that loss all over again! :Party:

Later,
Heather

goingfor60
Mon, Jan-21-02, 18:15
Happy Martin Luther King day!

Today since I didnt have to go to work, I went to the gym for a 11:30 yoga class and a few minutes in the steam room - Thanks MLK. So to go into the steamroom I put on one of my swim suits a 1 piece and I was looking at the new bod and thought I really dont see what the difference is.

I always thought it was an okay looking suit but what did it really look like with those added 40lbs. I look in the mirror and swear that I look like a baywatch babe and in reality I just looked like "Babe" pig in the city.

When does our view of ourselves change? Is it the right suit that would make it better or has the image of ourselves been so distorted for so long that we must reinvent the new us.

Hmmm something to think about... Go try on a new suit if you havent tried one lately.

have a great day...
Shannon

Tama
Mon, Jan-21-02, 18:39
I totally understand.

I am always afraid that I think I look better than I actually do - like in a swimsuit, for instance. And I am strutting my stuff around the pool, thinking I am looking good, when in reality I am embarassing myself.

But when I think about it, that will never happen. Because I am my own worst critic. I know this. I obsess about things on my body that no one else even notices. For instance, I have an egg-shaped birthmark on the back of my upper thigh (nice placement :rolleyes: ) and I totally obsess about how stupid it looks at the pool. But nobody ever really notices it but me. I think I look ten times worse than I actually do, sad to say, and I don't know when that ever changes, Shannon. Working out and taking charge of my body seems to give me more confidence in myself. But I still don't think of myself as "lookin' good" once I hit goal. I haven't figured out the answer to that one yet, anyone else?

Tama

Danielle
Mon, Jan-21-02, 18:47
Hi ladies-

I can relate to what everyone is saying. I am my own worst enemy, I always have been. I don't know if I ever will feel comfortable in a bathing suit. But since I started this diet, I feel in control and have more confidence. I am slowly seeing results and it motivates me even more. I hope by the time summer comes I'll be able to buy a new bathing suit that I feel great in!
Keep up the good work everyone.

Danielle :thup:

liddle
Mon, Jan-21-02, 19:00
Ladies,
I don't think it'll ever change. Even when I was a thin hottie, back in the day, I still thought I looked like a sausage in a swim suit. The only time I felt good about myself is if some guy was falling all over me. If nobody noticed, I felt like Hillshire Farms should have been tattooed across my butt. If I want an honest opinion I don't look in the mirror, I just ask my husband. One of the many who used to trip over his jaw whenever I walked into a room. Gosh, that sounds so sad. I want to be the hot mom at the PTA meetings. That's all I have and I want it!!!

Later,
Heather

agonycat
Tue, Jan-22-02, 07:29
Nope I don't update it if I gain a pound or 7 during TOM. I know that weight is only temporary and I don't need to stress myself out. ;)

If I hold a weight steady for 3 days or more, that is when I change my profile. I know at that point it isn't a fluke of the scales and my body has actually let go of more fat :)

Jo-Ann 2
Tue, Jan-22-02, 08:23
Had some extra time today so thought I'ld go where I haven't been before.
You guys are a riot. From the catalogue to the "nothing being sicker than a man".
I too have a bikini that sits waiting for me to fit into. I certainly need to do something with the "pouch" I wear around my front half before I even venture out of my bedroom with it on.
I remember when I was 18 (21 years ago) that I thought I looked heavy. Oh my G_d, IF I could wieght now what I wieghed then. I want to be included in the count down though.
You have motivated me to go back to my exercises- no small feet.
Hope you don't mind me dropping in :wave:
I shall be interested to see how we all do.
TOM - only three pounds of water this month, down from the ususal 5-6.

sunshine2
Tue, Jan-22-02, 09:20
[QUOTE]Originally posted by liddle
[. I want to be the hot mom at the PTA meetings. That's all I have and I want it!!!]

Girl, I feel your pain! I don't think I will ever see myself as a hottie in a swimsuit, but it sure makes me feel good when my husband tells me how great I look. I just want to be able to put on a swimsuit without feeling like everone is staring at me with disgust. I just want to be the "hot mom at the PTA meetings" too!

Tama
Tue, Jan-22-02, 11:13
Amen and Hallelujah, ladies.

thinknthin
Tue, Jan-22-02, 14:30
hope you all had a great no carb weekend....i made it! holy yahoo! :hyper: and guess what they ate...yeap... burgers and fries and all :stop: stuff!!...and i still did it....i weighed yesterday. i am under the 160 mark...yahoo again :clap: not by a ton but there....the bikini is still a four letter word in :bhug:

welcome jo-ann2...yes we are a bit crazy here...but lovin it toO!

keep up the great work guys!!!

sunshine2
Tue, Jan-22-02, 15:03
Great job on the restraint of the FF & burgers. Yippie on the under 160 mark (don't froget to change your stats)

Keep up the good work, and your on your way to that new "thong" bikini :eek:

crg66
Tue, Jan-22-02, 15:51
I love this thread! You ladies are so funny and I can totally relate to all of you.

I still have a 2 piece suit that I wore pretty comfortably when I weighed 140. It's the best...high-cut, tummy control and a top with underwire support that makes my chest look bigger! The only 2 piece I ever wore as an adult.

My plan is to be at my goal weight by the end of August when we have our family vacation and to wear that bathing suit. This could be my kick in the butt I needed.

Carolyn

atanqt
Wed, Jan-23-02, 09:21
I just found these posts and the countdown till a bikini caught my eye!!!!!!!!!Now I understand that we all come in different shapes and sizes and I have lost 35 pounds before ( a few summers ago) of coarse doing LC. So I understand how good it feels to look and feel your best. My countdown is from now until the end of April, 3 months. I'm going to the Carribean ( ST. LUCIA ) and trust me when I say that I will make sure my bikini's from 3 years ago fit!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to hear from someone out there soon. These posts keep me going everyday. Anything anyone wants to talk about I'm here. Keep up the good work and never give up :)

agonycat
Wed, Jan-23-02, 09:47
I am trying to hold down my excitement....but one more pound puts me at a 40 pound loss! I am keeping my head and wits about me and not trying to rush anything.

When I hit the 40 pound mark though, cover your ears :) I will probably let out a squeal! That means I have lost 6 YEARS worth of weight gain in 8 months. Totally incrediable!

:hyper:

sunshine2
Wed, Jan-23-02, 09:48
Oh boy, Lucky you, the Carribean??? Wow!

Well, welcome to the "Bikini" count down club. We are a crazy group here, but all just want the same thing, to look good in a bikini.......

Glad you joined us. Looks like you don't have far to go, 20 pounds to hit your goal, yippie for you, and a trip to add that extra incentive! :D I'm going to Acapulco in April, but I don't think I will be in a bikini by then, but I will someday!

atanqt
Wed, Jan-23-02, 10:01
First thing first:

Agonycat, what can I say except WOW :exclm: :exclm: That is amazing. I can't wait for your next post, because I'm sure I'll hear you screaming all the way from Texas :D

Also, thanks to Sunshine2! I appreciate such a warm welcome and an immediate response.

I am logging off now, must go tan and plan my Low Carb lunch. :wave:

lauraW
Wed, Jan-23-02, 10:18
Okay...I expect to hear that 40 pound scream all the way to Seattle... congrats!!

Laura

Tama
Wed, Jan-23-02, 11:10
Huge congrats, Agonycat! I'd better buy earplugs, Arizona is pretty close for a scream like that! Way to Go.

Atanqt, welcome! I love this forum and we always like to have more company around here. You will enjoy. I know what you mean about this place getting you through the day, some days coming here is the only thing that keeps me on track with my eating!

Okay, I don't know how much I weigh, cause I threw the scales out a few weeks ago. But yesterday I went to the Dr. and got on the scales and I weighed 150 - with all the clothes on. (I usually weigh naked). So the induction seems to be working! Bikini, here I come!

Hugs all,
Tama

agonycat
Wed, Jan-23-02, 11:53
WTG TAMA!

That is fantastic! I can't wait to see 150 on my scale. That will create another squeal from me.

I was wondering if I bounced up and down enough today, if that last little pound would somehow fall off by tomorrow :lol: Well it was worth a try anyway.

liddle
Wed, Jan-23-02, 12:40
The 40 pound mark!!!!! That is too cool!!!!! SO, are you gonna get yourself alittle something? Or are you holding out for your bikini?

Later,
Heather

atanqt
Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:17
Well, I just read a few posts and I'm glad that everyone is pulling for Agonycat :exclm: I also can't find my scale anywhere so I'm going to buy one. I weighed myself at my mother's about 3 weeks ago and I was 133. And I know I've lost 3 pounds since then, so until I see the exact numbers, I'll have to leave my profile the way it is. I'm really curious though :exclm: You know what, I think I'll go to the store right now, just so that I can get an :idea: of where I'm at. I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back :D Looking forward to LCing for the next 2 weeks so I can see how I'm progressing. Remember I just started LCing again, it's been 3 years since I left. But my body reacts well to it and I start to really feel and see the affects in usually 2 weeks. Bye all :wave:

atanqt
Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:48
Ok, I just found my scale in some boxes, now I know where I'm at. And since I weighed myself at my mother's 3 or 4, weeks ago I can't recall, I was (133) and today I'm 127, with clothes on :exclm: I knew I had lost some weight ( I was figuring about 1 pound a week) but I was off :cheer: It's 2 pounds a week :exclm: So I went and changed my profile from when I started, I believe it was the first of January ( can you believe I'm actually sticking with the whole New Year's Resolution thing :q: )and updated my current weight. So that's why the change. Now I have a scale and something to go by every week. Clothes fitting nicer too. I'm going to keep up the exercise too,a 20-30min. walk with my dog everyday. That really gets the weight down fast for me. So glad I'm here with all of you. This makes me want to keep it up so I can come back here and write about it. :wave:

sunshine2
Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:51
WOW! I'm jealous, totally jealous! That is truly great. You are getting so close to goal. I know you are too excited!

atanqt
Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:52
Had to change my profile
Ok, I just found my scale in some boxes, now I know where I'm at. And since I weighed myself at my mother's 3 or 4, weeks ago I can't recall, I was (133) and today I'm 127, with clothes on I knew I had lost some weight ( I was figuring about 1 pound a week) but I was off It's 2 pounds a week So I went and changed my profile from when I started, I believe it was the first of January ( can you believe I'm actually sticking with the whole New Year's Resolution thing )and updated my current weight. So that's why the change. Now I have a scale and something to go by every week. Clothes fitting nicer too. I'm going to keep up the exercise too,a 20-30min. walk with my dog everyday. That really gets the weight down fast for me. So glad I'm here with all of you. This makes me want to keep it up so I can come back here and write about it.

Report this post to a moderator

Jan-23-02 14:48

atanqt
Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:56
I accidently hit the thread button instead of post reply and told you all about finding my scale and my weight being less than I thought, so I hope I didn't start something new, because I didn't want to. I just like to come here and write on these posts, OK :q:

:wave:

goingfor60
Wed, Jan-23-02, 23:55
Alright ladies we should be up and dancing around to celebrate all of the pounds we have lost as a group. Men, you better watch out because these LC babes are coming to play!

A couple of songs came to my head when I was reading these posts... There was a song quite a while ago where the lyrics were " Wiggle it, just a little bit" and "I'm too sexy for this..." so all you hotties make sure you dont just walk down the street you should now just STRUT!

I'm not talking about the personal "yippie I look good" I mean the kind of attitude where we use to judge other people by saying "uugghh could that woman work it any harder than that". We work hard to look this way and being coy wont work with a killer bikini.

Welcome to our new bikini ladies if I havent said hi before!

Keep up the excellent work - everyone of you are awesome.

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Jan-24-02, 07:05
It is just wonderful the attitude of all you ladies. Attitude is what makes a woman sexy- sexy in a bikini, sounds good to me. I have to admit I didn't get my exercises started yet. I need some more motivation. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated.
Agonycat- 40lbs oh you are going to have to do something special for yourself. I'm so proud of you. I expect to hear that squeal in Nova Scotia. :dazzle:

Tama
Thu, Jan-24-02, 07:50
Hey, JoAnn. I agree with you on the attitude thing. A woman can weigh 105lbs., but if she doesn't have the right attitude or confidence, zero sex appeal.

About the exercise motivation. I like to compare it to getting into a really hot tub. It looks REALLY hot, and you aren't sure if you can get in it. When you put your toe in, YEOW! It is too hot! But if you take it slow and easy, don't rush, and slide yourself in, before you know it you are immersed in it. Suddenly you think, why was I nervous about this hot tub? It seemed really hot from the outside, but now that I am in it, it feels sooo good! And you are glad you did it. I think, if you don't overdo, pretty soon you will be exercising and loving it!

Hugs, Tama

sunshine2
Thu, Jan-24-02, 08:07
I could not have said it better than Tama. Exercise firms up the saggy stuff we get from losing the weight. So without exercise, well lets just say, even if you do weigh "bikini" weight, your still going to be singing the jello song, so exercise, firm up those buns, firm up the belly, it takes time and effort , but it is so worth it.

After I exercise, I just feel so good, and I always know I made the right choice. :thup:

atanqt
Thu, Jan-24-02, 09:44
Hello everyone, I just posted a great quote and hope all of you read it, It sure did make me think twice about the days that we have here together, and that pulling for each other really does help :exclm: Looking forward to talking with you all later and seeing how everyone's doing :D Chow Chow :wave:

atanqt
Thu, Jan-24-02, 09:49
Sorry, I forgot to tell you where I posted it :o It's under Petite Ladies.

But here's another:

Patience is a virtue,

Catch it if you can,

Always found in women,

Never in men ;)

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Jan-24-02, 11:02
Tama I really like your analogy, it certainly covers how I feel about working out. I've never been the type to "go to the club" In the summer I'm much more active than in the winter. But in the winter I just seem to hibernate. I have some tapes that are similar to yoga, I had hesitated because I thought they were not "working out" but tomorrow morning I will stick one in the VCR and give it a try. :yay: Your right - start slowly.

Sunshine2- I'm sure most of us here have looked down and seen the rolls, I'm down from three to one, but she's quit a beauty. You're right toning is important. Saggy is not pretty- I know I looked at it this morning.
atantqt-good quote, We have one in our family when things go badly- if I wasn't laughing I'ld be crying - others might say - laughter is the best medicine.
I really enjoy the laughs I've gotten here and thanks for the kind words of encouragement all.

:hyper: Jo-Ann

atanqt
Thu, Jan-24-02, 11:38
JOANNE2-

If I'm understanding this correctly, your profile says you only have 14 pounds to go :exclm: That is great :) I have 17 to go and have already lost 6 pounds. As the days go by it's amazing how much a little exercise can do. This is what I do.

20 little min. a day of walking around your neighborhood.

Now walk away from your house so you don't see it ( like around the block or down a few blocks.)

Keep going for about 10 min., then pick up the pace for the next 10 min. Jog if you want back home.

You'll be so excited when you get home. You will tell yourself, this wasn't bad at all, and you will actually feel better and maybe even keep it up everyday. Well enough talking about it, I'm turning off my computer right now so I can go walk my dog for 20 min. Just being able to come back here and write about it makes me want to do it :exclm: So tell me if this works and Good Luck on your last 14 :D :thup:

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Jan-24-02, 14:52
The stat's are right 14 to my first goal. I can't tell you how many times I've lost these same 20 + pounds but I'm sure if I added it up just in the last five years it would be well over 100 pounds. The walking thing is what I like to do in the summer, it's a really nice walk to my mom's up a hill, down a long set of stairs and then a brisk walk of about a mile. But I fear to say that in the winter it is cold and I'm a warm weather walker. It's going to have to be a indoor activity for me. I envy those who don't have a cold winter, now I should say that it's not always cold, but January and February are definitely not my favourite time of the year.
It sounds like you are able to walk all year round, how nice, and 17 pounds, you are going to look fabulous!

:wave: Hey Bikini girls, what do you do to get in shape, any vhs tapes that you like that a beginner could follow. :wave:
Jo-Ann

thinknthin
Thu, Jan-24-02, 16:17
just a quic note...way to go all you bikini babes....yahoo!!!

Tama
Thu, Jan-24-02, 16:36
Hey, JoAnn. I have a strict policy of not exercising where anyone can see me. I don't know why, but I have a thing with people watching me work out. A few years ago I bought the Tae-Bo videos and I fell in love with them. The advanced tape would be to difficult for a beginner, but there is a beginner tape too, as well as an instructional video and an 8min. workout video. They aren't for everybody, I'll tell you that right now. But it is the only workout I have found that keeps me coming back for more.
Hugs, Tama

goingfor60
Thu, Jan-24-02, 18:55
Hi Jo-ann 2

When I started I got the Abs of steel, arms of steel and buns of steel to get me started.

I am not the most coordinated person when it comes to aerobics or tae-bo so I practiced at home for months! Now when I go to a class at the gym be it aerobics or kickboxing I no longer look like Jerry Lewis stumbling and tripping all over the floor. :daze:

Start wherever you want - the key ingredient is to start...

Good luck and go for it!

Danielle
Thu, Jan-24-02, 21:12
Hi ladies-

I am gald to see that everyone is doing well. I feel like these last couple of weeks it's been a slow process. I also might be going a way in 3 weeks, OH NO, NOT A BATHING SUIT! I thought I was going to have a few more months to work on it. I s there any way to lose 30 lbs. in 3 weeks? I wish!

Well, keep up the good work everyone and keep us posted.
Danielle

atanqt
Fri, Jan-25-02, 05:56
Just catching up on how everyone's doing :D. Well, I feel great now that my boyfriend is LCing with me. How much easier this is. He is trying to get over being a carboholic. And I'm helping him :exclm: He tried this last year and it worked awesome for him. But when we met almost a year ago, I tried to impress him with my cooking and that's when we both gained weight. I'm keeping track of our weight by writing it down on paper, so he can see the results and want to keep going. He also has lost 6 pounds, and is so happy :D We ate great yesterday. Went to the biggest mall by us and walked around it twice. (had to buy a dress for a wedding were going to on Sat.) Well just wanted to check in with everyone.

I love coming to my computer every morning to read up on how everyone is doing. I now am incorporating a longer walk than usual. It's been 20min. daily, but I'm going to increase that to 30min. a day (with my dog.) It can't kill me, right. And it will get me seeing results faster :exclm: , and let me tell you I can taste it already. I have this image in my mind that I can't get rid of. Me at St. Lucia in 3 months in the pool, under the waterfall, and I'm tan, in perfect shape, and PROUD to look over at my boyfriend and see him the same way and that I helped him get there
too :exclm: :thup:

This is what keeps me going. I hope all of you have something to look forward to. Goals can be as little or as big as you want them to be. I like to start off slow and work my way up :D Good luck to all and to all a good day :thup: :wave:

Tama
Fri, Jan-25-02, 06:46
Hey, Atanqt. My personal something to look forward to is our anniversary. It is in July and my hubby says we are going somewhere special, since the kids are old enough to leave for a few days now. So, I am working towards looking real good in a bathing suit by then! Anyone else?

Hugs, Tama

agonycat
Fri, Jan-25-02, 07:19
If I see the whoosh fairy I am poking her in the eye! She dropped 2 pounds off on me instead of taking it!

Bleh.....maybe I am just stressing over having to fly next week.

liddle
Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:16
Agonycat,
Don't hurt her too badly, she has to come by my house for a pick up!

:D Heather

atanqt
Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:22
Hi, :wave: agonycat.

ATANQT here, could you please tell me about the swoosh fairy :confused: I've never heard or read about her. A couple of times she went past my screen but I thought it was because I had email :confused: I'm not sure. Sorry about the silly question but I don't know who else to ask :) Thanks a bunch :D

agonycat
Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:27
The role of the whoosh fairy is to remove pounds over night and wisk them away. Normally these pound removals are proceeded by a week or more with no weight loss, then "WHOOSH YOU LOSE 2 POUNDS!"

hence her name ;)

sunshine2
Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:34
Agonycat, don't hurt the whoosh fair, she might not ever come back. ;) No seriously, she is just toying with you, I bet she put on a few extra, only to take them off plus more, you gotta love that!

I'm hoping she stops by and sees me this weekend, I really need it, TOM is almost gone and I'm sure hoping for a loss when I step on the scales Monday morning, the anticipation is just killing me. But I'm not stepping on those scales until Monday!

Tama: Sounds like you and hubby are planning a well deserved anniversary trip, and you have plenty of time to get ready for it, how fun!

My trip to Acapulco has been moved up to MARCH :eek: , no way in heck will I be ready for a bikini by then. But I'm sure looking forward to the trip.

atanqt
Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:49
Thanks agonycat for clearing that up for me. One more thing, am I supposed to go to my profile everytime I lose a pound and change it? I was just going to wait till I lost a few at a time and then post it. Thanks for such a quick response, I really enjoy chatting with all of you :exclm:

YOU ONE :cool: CAT :D

sunshine2
Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:52
Change it girlfriend. Watch your percent go up......while the pounds go down, I love doing that......change it, change it, change it, and we'll all celebrate it with you!

Go ATANQT!

atanqt
Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:53
Originally posted by atanqt
Thanks agonycat for clearing that up for me. One more thing, am I supposed to go to my profile everytime I lose a pound and change it? I was just going to wait till I lost a few at a time and then post it. Thanks for such a quick response, I really enjoy chatting with all of you :exclm:

YOU ONE :cool: CAT :D

Whoops, I meant YOUR :o

sunshine2
Fri, Jan-25-02, 09:56
Originally posted by atanqt

Whoops, I meant YOUR :o

PS - you can edit any post you do as long as you go in within two days.... ;) You just go to the post, down below it you will see edit/delete button, click that and edit your post.

atanqt
Fri, Jan-25-02, 10:08
:)
Thank you Sunshine2.

I am really understanding these boards now. :cheer: Little things like the advice you just gave me makes it a bit easier. I just changed my profile since I lost 1 pound this week. Also I added an extra 10-15min. of walking onto my already 20min. daily workout today. :exclm: Going to make a LC lunch, talk to ya all later :wave:

sunshine2
Fri, Jan-25-02, 10:21
WAY TO GO!!! Now, if I remember correctly you were at 27% or 26% of goal, and now you are at 30% of goal, just that one pound made a huge difference in your percent. Don't you just feel great about that? You have reached the 30% mark, soon you will see 100% of goal!!!! Each pound counts!

Keep up the exercising, it will pay off.

Jkrohn
Fri, Jan-25-02, 11:12
Shannon

Ok..... Here goes.....I WILL get into a bikini!:exclm: Someday.... I'm new to the forum and fairly new to lC'ing. Down 22 pounds since Nov 26. Feeling great and ready to tackle the bulge. :) I am going to Florida in March and would love to feel confident in any swim suit let alone a bikini.

But, hey we are ALL on the right track. Right? By summertime I too hope that dream of that sexy lean body in a 2 piece will be here. Now, it's just a matter of finding the right one (suit that is)!

Problem abs......Check out power 90. www.power90.com It killed me but I lost 2 inched off my tummy the 1st week. Getting easier everyday.

Good luck to us!

Messy

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Jan-25-02, 15:09
Well I woke up this morning to atleast six inches of snow, the drifts were even more . Needless to say I had a good workout of atleast an hour. My husband did our driveway and then I did my mothers. It was beautiful out. The temperature was above freezing, no windchill factor and the sun was bright. My mom lives on the water and the white snow was piled up on the branches and the water was steel blue. It was simply breathe taking.
Not quit bikini weather but just like a winter wonderland.
I like the idea of the power abs.
I have to run now, strip loin steaks on the barbque (yes I barbque all winter long) and a nice salad with ceasar dressing then a decaf. with whip cream.
:clap: I love Friday nights.
Jo-Ann

goingfor60
Fri, Jan-25-02, 19:13
I think its great that all this walking has caught on... We are working those legs and that is a huge component of having a great bikini body. So :thup: to everyone who's out there doing it!

Thanks Messy for the info on the beach body site, I didnt have time to spend really going throught it just yet but I will - dont you think I wont!

Dont worry Agonycat - me and the Whoosh fairy arent on speaking terms... I said some things that I probably shouldnt have when a few(5) pounds were added. I was looking for a Whoosh of 5 pounds to go not to come, so now I am struggling all on my own. Please Whoosh fairy come back! The comments about how fairies suck was just a moment of anger ;)

Have you guys noticed that we rule as one of the top 5 most popular sites for counting down! So ladies when was the last time that you were part of or one of the popular girls... I know what other dork would think of something like that but me. :daze:

See ya

Tama
Sat, Jan-26-02, 07:48
No way, Shannon. You aren't a dork. I can totally see where you are coming from on that one. Those cliques of girls in high school (and beyond) drive us all crazy. But we are way cooler, because we don't exclude anybody!
Keep it up bikini babes, :cool:
Tama

atanqt
Sat, Jan-26-02, 08:35
I'm just copying and pasting my post from PL's so I don't have to rewrite this long thing. Hope it helps someone I know it helps me when I write about it :exclm:

Sat post
Well, the week is over and I lost 1 Pound

I get to go and change my profile for the second time. I just changed it a few days ago because I had lost a pound the week before Now with the week ending I'm jumping for joy.

No, LITERALLY I'm going to incorporate some jumping jacks into my daily routine I can really get used to this 1 week a pound thing except I have 12 weeks till vacation and now 15 pounds to go.

So, I'm going to continue my walking 30 min. a day and now I've added some push ups, sit ups, and leg lifts whenever I watch TV.

I don't even allow myself to lay on the couch anymore.

I feel so good when I finish a walk or a few crunches And I feel slimmer Yesterday I had a small portion of scrambled eggs w/cheese and ham, and 3 sausage links, for lunch 1/2 of a steak and 1 egg, and for dinner 1/2 of a steak salad

I'm going to my boyfriend's cousin's wedding tonight and let me tell you, he bought me the most beautiful long black silky gown.

GUESS WHAT SIZE ( keep in mind I have been wearing a 7/8 in jeans for awhile now and those were tight for me, I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs ) Well, I'm proud and he was to that we got to buy a size 4 dress

I love it, I love it, I love it So please with all this said, ladies I can't express my overwhelming joy enough. Keep going with this, it WORKS Well I'm going to post this on my other site, for my other ladies to read, and if I can even just boost one ladies self confidence or strength by writing these posts then I have done my job for the day Talk to you all later

goingfor60
Sat, Jan-26-02, 20:36
I went to the gym this morning to do my TNT Cardio workout. I was feeling good about this and was actually thinking about you guys and how we have all changed our lives.

So anyway I'm in this class 2nd row from the front...(big ham) the class is packed we cant even spread our arms out without hitting someone.

So I am jumping and swinging and woo hoo'ing and then I tripped over my own foot and fell into 3 other ladies who caught me and broke my fall. It was kinda like oh I dont know a bull in a china shop, a bowling ball going down a lane or a dog on ice. Once I got myself up and apologized to everyone I was laughing to myself about one of my posts stating that I had practiced working out at home before I went out in public.

It just goes to show, regardless if you think you know what your doing or not things will happen either way. So get up Sunday morning and work that body to get yourself in that suit - Who cares who's looking!

Clutsy
Shannon

liddle
Sat, Jan-26-02, 22:35
Shannon,
That story is histerical!!!!!!! You are just too funny!

Later,
Heather

agonycat
Sun, Jan-27-02, 08:14
Originally posted by goingfor60
So ladies when was the last time that you were part of or one of the popular girls... I know what other dork would think of something like that but me. :daze:

See ya

I have to say, it's been since the 4th grade. In the 5th grade I was in PE class, and all the girls were jumping rope. When it came my time, the girls holding the rope tightened it as I was jumping and caught both feet. I went chin first into concrete and it knocked me out. It didn't break anything, but I wish my mom had taken me to the doctor, because I know I had a hairline fracture that healed wrong. As an adult I have a sever case of TMJ from that little stint. So from the 5th grade on I avoided all female contact of my age group. NEVER trusted them again.

It's funny, today I still don't trust most females. I have more guy friends than female friends. (thank goodness hubby is friends with them as well :) )

Tama
Sun, Jan-27-02, 08:25
Shannon - we've all been there, girl, unfortunately. :rolleyes:

That's why I do the videos. The TV doesn't laugh and the couch doesn't tell anybody when I fall on it. :D

Hugs, Tama

lauraW
Sun, Jan-27-02, 08:29
No, they sure dont..

But, my kids sure do when it happens...think I will have to hogtie them when its Tae Bo time.. :D

Laura

Tama
Sun, Jan-27-02, 08:41
...That's why I only break out the Tae-bo after the peanut gallery has gone to bed!

Tama

Jkrohn
Mon, Jan-28-02, 08:21
Hey ladies! I sooo enjoyed reading you little mishaps this am. Gave me a really good chuckle for a Monday am.

you know what??? So what if we sometimes take a tumble and emberass the snot out of ourselves. The point is we are moving! We are doing something active to get our bodies as beautiful as ever!

I am sooo excited to tell you all the little fairy visited me this week! Jumped on the scale Saturday am and was down 5 lbs!! I had to get off the scale and back on twice before I believed it. I thanked my little fairy but before I could finish she had vanished. Hope she was off visiting the rest of you.......

Forgot to mention something about that power 90 program but I'm sure you already figured it out. The meal program that comes with it is a joke! It's meals for rabbits only I swear! I still use my protein power eating plan with the power 90 ab routine.

Sweating our way to a bikini beautiful body!!

Take Care

Messy

sunshine2
Mon, Jan-28-02, 08:25
Good morning ladies. I've got the spring fever big time today, the temp. will be around 72 today, you gotta love that in the middle of winter...I'm not complaining.

I had a bad weekend this weekend, and I won't even tell you what I did, but it wasn't good. So I didn't weigh this monring, just wasn't up for the disappointment, a little mad at myself! :mad:

But, I'm back in the bikini groove today and still working on getting that bikini bod. I will be doing my ab workouts today for lunch.

Jo-Ann 2
Mon, Jan-28-02, 12:13
So glad the the fairy was good to someone this weekend. I found a gremlin that lead me down the road to destruction. It said "do not be afraid, you will be safe with me". Little did I know that the bite of the cookie would lead me tumbling down the road at full speed.:tears: I looked back and there was the gremlin laughing at me.
But today is another day and hearing that the fairy has been out to visit others gives me hope. I will not let the gremlin in the door next time, I will tell it I am waiting for a good friend - the whoosh fairy, she does not laugh at me, she claps loudly :clap: for me.

thinknthin
Mon, Jan-28-02, 14:15
hey too all of you that may have had a mishap this weekend...shake it off and move forward everyone needs a treat just dont make that your excuse to follow each day that way...i ate a baked potatoe this weekend but exercised my brains out!!!
and maintained ok!!! its ok...shake the carbs creature off :bash:
and get back to the plan!~!!!

goingfor60
Mon, Jan-28-02, 20:46
Saturday was fine but Sunday I made Keto cookies and they were so good that I couldnt stop eating them. Then I heard myself saying to another athlete today that I dont feel like working out its too cold.

My beautiful california weather has turned me into a hybernating bear. Its suppose to be snow weather tonight, SNOW that doesnt happen here. I want some sun, I need some warmth, the sweats are making my ass spread and you should see these hairy legs. I cant stand much more of this... This use to be my favorite part of the year when I could really eat a lot of comfort food and put on big sweaters and big sweats to cover it up.

Now with my new WOL I want to wear short skirts and tighter blouses and sandals all the time. I ditched the gym tonight because its rainy and too cold I know :bash: I'll make it up I promise.

Shannon

lastchance
Tue, Jan-29-02, 03:51
Found the hysteria here irrestible! Well done all. It really never occurred to me that I could wear a bikinin again some day. But I suppose when I get to my goal weight there's only a few hundred sit-ups between me and that dream! Thanks for the inspiration, girls!

Last Chance

Jo-Ann 2
Tue, Jan-29-02, 07:31
Well I'm back on track and half a pound that I will get rid of (down from 2.5) the gremlin gave me. Good to meet you lastchance. Goingfor60 you and I have learned a valuable lesson. You have to laugh at your mistakes, that way you can find something positive out of anything. I've been called an optomist, I think it's just a survival mechanism. Now if I could only convince the rest of me that I don't have to hibernate and fatten up for the hard winter.
I really look forward to hearing about everyones latest adventures in the WOL. Bikini here I come. We need to come up with a motto. I know that I would post it on my fridge. How about divide and conquer.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann

sunshine2
Tue, Jan-29-02, 09:58
Hey, the gremlin gave me 1/2 pound too. I'm sure he actually gave me more, but I got brave enough to step on the scales this morning and they are up 1/2 pound from last Monday. Weight this morning said 194.5. But by golly, I aint giving in to that nasty man again, I'm looking for the Whoosh fairy, but she only visits good little girls that don't associate with the "gremlins".

Back on induction yesterday, had a hard ab exercise yesterday, and doing my weight training tonight.

I'm ready to go shopping for bathing suits (bikini) even though my body is not.

Tama
Tue, Jan-29-02, 16:20
Okay, ladies, here's a question....

What, exactly are you all going to do to get your bods 'suit ready'? I mean, I know we are all losing weight, obviously, but what else? Tanning booths? Sun bathing? Tanning creams? Waxing? What? I need some help in this area, because the bod is beginning to look the right size, but the devil is in the details! I feel like the 1953 Mercury I used to drive in college - solid body, but the chrome needed some serious work!

Hugs all, Tama

sunshine2
Tue, Jan-29-02, 16:41
I'll probably never hear the end of it for suggesting this, but here goes:

Tan baby Tan, a good tan does a lot for you, it changes my whole appearance, not sure why, but when I start tanning, people start telling me how good I look. I just love a tan.

And, I'm planning on getting a "wax" job myself before my trip to Acapulco, that will eleminate the razor burn.

Tama, your doing good, that ole Mercury is looking like a corvette, go girl go.

PS - go treat yourself to some pampering, you deserve it.

goingfor60
Tue, Jan-29-02, 20:00
At first my response was I am going to be obnoxiously flaunting my new bikini and then I read further.

I was thinking along the same lines... Being a person with a natural tan I can only agree with Sunshine2 we all just look better sun kissed even me. I have a lot of areas that are tanner than others, my stomach hasnt really seen the sun since I was 3.
So needless to say that there's some serious work to be done.

Then there's that waxing thing, I was in mexico last summer and decided to get a wax at the spa in the hotel we stayed in. What a mistake that was, I was so burnt and lost so much skin that I couldnt sit with my legs closed for 5 of the 7 days I was there. As a teenager I had peach fuzz on my stomach which was just unheard of so I shaved it and now its dark hair that's gotta go.

Is all this work to look good for 3-4 months worth it? Oh yeah :agree:!

lastchance
Wed, Jan-30-02, 01:20
You can always try a fake tan. I love the one Clarins does. The trick with those is to exfoliate very well first and then to moisturise thoroughly. Otherwise the tan sticks to the dry bits of your skin and you get ridiculously dark knees and elbows! Be careful how you put it on - make it even. Could even get hubby to do it for you if you've got one - might be fun! It's safer than sunbeds (or the sun for that matter) and really does look just as good. As for waxing - ugh! so painful! I always shave my legs but have to have my bikini line waxed or after a day or so it looks so red and sore with ingrowing hairs etc etc. I once had my underarms waxed - never again! They swellled up like I had two tennis balls under my arms!

I can't wait to get out in some some myself - still dark and rainy here in London. I hear we are in for more gales by the weekend..... ho hum.

But, back to the beach, what about a new hair cut or a new hair colour? And what about a pedicure or a manicure to complete your 'groomed' look?

Go for it! Can't wait till I get to where you are now!

Last Chance.

Tama
Wed, Jan-30-02, 06:22
Hey now, there's some ideas! Thanks, ladies!

I think I will opt for the fake tan - with the cream. Last chance, thanks for the tip, I will look for that brand! I've never really done the tanning lotion before, maybe I will get hubby to help! (Should I tell him to wash his hands after? Might be a good joke! :D ) I thought about going to the tanning salon, but I just don't have time to keep going back time after time - I dump my kids on my mom enough already!

As for the waxing, I'm debating. I am such a wimp! But I know I need to - at least the bikini area.

I am going to get a new 'do and highlights put in this week, as a matter of fact. The winter blahs are getting to me and I had to do something new!

I think I will take you guys' advice and splurge for a manicure and pedicure - I really don't take time to do this for myself enough.

Thanks for the tips!
Tama

Jo-Ann 2
Wed, Jan-30-02, 07:21
Last February was so dark and dreary here:( that I told my husband that I was going to go to a tanning place this year. Low and behold he remembered and I recieved a set of sessions for Christmas. I've gone four times in the last three weeks. The girl at the counter there and I have a running dialogue about where I will be spending my 10 minute vacation this time. Yesterday she asked me if I enjoyed the drink she sent me, I responded that the umbrella was nice but that it was difficult to drink while laying down, she said she'ld get some bendy straws for me.
I know that there are alot of negatives about sun tanning:nono: , but I like the feeling of pretending to be on the beach and having the music up loud and it's just me all by myself. :cool:
I'm not sure if I like the no tan lines, it looks ok on my bottom half but I not sure if the top half looks quit right, I've always had lines. I guess my husband can have the final word on that, it probably won't make a difference to him though, he's like a kid in a candy store most of the time anyway. he he.
Never had a wax job other than the eye brows, but it definitely sounds painful.
The gremlin still is laughing, 1/2 pound is still there but I'm determined.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave:

lastchance
Wed, Jan-30-02, 07:46
Hi Tama

Just one thing about waxing. Try to do it just after your TOM as before it you'll be more sensitive to pain - and it hurts enough already! Oh well, still prefer waxing, it beats looking like a cropped hedgehog with a rash!

Good luck!

Last Chance

sunshine2
Wed, Jan-30-02, 08:30
Okay, I was all pumped to do the waxing thing, I've never done it before, but now after reading about how it hurts, I gotta think on this one.. :confused: Question: Is it worth it?

Tama: the highlights in the hair is a great idea, and the pedicure, oh boy, they are awesome, I will for sure get one of those before my trip to Acapulco.

I enjoy the tanning bed myself, although I'm one of the lucky ones and my mother has one at her home, so I just pop over there and tan and have a visit with ma. Went and tanned last night, starting to see some color. :D

Okay, here is the best news of all, the 1/2 pound I gained, well I lost it and another pound (Thank you Whoosh Fairy). Changed my stats from 194 to 193. Getting closer to the 180's every day, I have a feeling I'm going to be there really soon!

lastchance
Wed, Jan-30-02, 08:47
Well done, Sunshine! Keep going, you'll be there before you know it!

As for the waxing - well, it's not so very bad really. Have a go!

Last Chance

Tama
Wed, Jan-30-02, 09:23
Way to go, Sunshine! See, I knew the whoosh fairy still loved you!
Hugs, Tama

Jkrohn
Wed, Jan-30-02, 10:11
Ok ladies I'm all for getting my bikini body up to snuff. I mean come on we are working so hard on the weight might as well have the rest in order by the time we get there right? :thup: I too started hitting the tanning bed :cool: (I Know I know the health risks are not great) going to FL on buisness in March figured I'd start early. Nice and slow so I don't burn.

BUT...... I got to do something with the bikini line. :( I hate shaving as I too tend to look look like a cropped hedgehog with a rash! Thanks Last chance that was hilarious!! LOL way LOL Is there a better option? I had my eyebrows waxed fgor the first time 2 weeks ago (I'm a little behind the times) and ouch! I can't imagine what it would feel like on my bikini line. UGH! Is there any other products anyone has tried that actually work??? Or maybe some special shaving cream????

Suggestions? Please Help! :help:

Keep on trucking ladies! You're all doing so great!

Messy

sunshine2
Wed, Jan-30-02, 10:19
I second Messy's question, do you guys know of any creams that work wonders, although I'm still considering the wax thing, and yes, I look like the "cropped hedgehog with a rash" too when I shave. yuk. Just trying to weigh out the "other" options. I do know that I want to do something before my trip.

atanqt
Wed, Jan-30-02, 11:38
Well, I haven't wrote in a few days, but I am going to go change my profile again. I lost 1 pound :exclm: and I feel great :D

I've now added another 15min. a day to my already 30min. of walking and jogging. My dog loves it :thup: And I am already seeing the results. My percentage is going up and I still have 3 full months till my vacation :exclm: I will not give up or give in to any gremlins or devils or whatever else trys to get in the way. This is my body and I have the control to make it look the best it can be.

I am proving to myself that I can do it, just by losing a few pounds already :D Good Luck to all, talk to you later :wave:

goingfor60
Wed, Jan-30-02, 20:36
Not only does waxing hurt, but the good side is, it eleviates the itchy scratchy that you get with shaving. I'm still laughing at the hedgehog with a rash :daze:

You can also use Nair - its a rub off chemical that goes on like a lotion. Maybe its just me, but I dont want some chemical down near the goods. My legs ok fine I can wear pants, but my !~#$ is not something I choose to whip out and show the doctor where it hurts.

Waxing is quick and in most cases something that ice really works well on if you start to swell.

I too am doing the hair thing - I 'm going from dark brown to a caramel and am hoping it only adds heat to my summer hot body.

We've covered the most important parts of our exterior now what about accessories. I have always wanted to wear a stomach chain. You know a tiny gold chain that fits around my waist and just hangs on my flat stomach above the rim of my bikini. It was hot in the 70's and has made a comeback as all good things do.
Or even a tattoo I have one very small one on my inner thigh of 2 interlinking hearts. I was thinking maybe one more tiny one, but I dont know, one showed the mysterious bad girl I could be and more might say something completely different.

What about you?

bye
Shannon

liddle
Wed, Jan-30-02, 21:10
A month after my daughter turned 3 (back in 96) I got my belly button pierced. Well, it didn't last as long as I had hoped because little did I know I was already pregnant. :eek: I had to take the ring out in the 6 month. It was pretty funny looking :rolleyes:
Anyway, now I am going to be 29 this year (march)and still kinda want one. I don't know. It's not like I can walk into the PTA meeting wearing a mid drift and showing my new belly ring. So I really would have to hide it. Maybe I am just too old. What do you guys think? And a tatoo is out of the question. I can't go through that much pain!

Heather

goingfor60
Thu, Jan-31-02, 00:02
If you're old what am I??? I've got 3 years on ya and have yet to have any kids. Old now that's funny.

My only requirement is that any accessories that I add to my body be removable. I have seen some rough looking grandma's with tattoo's and all I gotta say is oh hell no.

Age is but a number and if I had a 2 in front of any other number I would be flaunting - yeah I'm a cool hot mom.

To quote Nike - Just Do It...

Shannon

lastchance
Thu, Jan-31-02, 04:24
Go for it. I might even do it myself if I get to my goal (note , still saying 'if' rather than 'when' - sorry!) I'm 43 and I just wish I'd flaunted it all a lot more when I had it to flaunt! The more you enjoy how your body looks the more you'll feel like looking after it - so go for it!

One more point on the shaving/creaming/waxing discussion. There is one more option which is sugaring. They do this quite a bit if France but hardly at all in the UK. There are people who say it is not hygienic (don't know why). I've had it done and it is just like waxing but with sugar solution of some kind. The advantage is that the sugar only sticks to the hairs rather than the skin as well so you're not pulling on your skin as well as the hairs and the hairs come out easier. Result: just like waxing but less painful. See if you can find someone to do it for you.

I lost 2 lbs yesterday so very pleased especially as TOM nearly here and someone has obviously managed to insert a lead-filled football in my abdomen while I slept (I wonder if it is the same joker who seems to have pumped my breasts up to twice their normal size!) . Won't see the real picture till next week. Drinking 3 litres of water a day - easy!

Keep it up girls, the sun is shining at last here in London and it feels like spring is on its way (it isn't of course, just some sick joke!)

Last Chance

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Jan-31-02, 07:07
I've done this before. I used Neat for sensitive skin. I trim myself and then apply the cream, leaving it the required time then I rinse. The next day I apply it again, for half the time. This does a good job for me. Be careful to not get it in any area that is sensitve. Has anyone else done this?
I have pretty sensitve skin and I know I disregarded the label. It's something you'ld want to do when you have alot of privacy.
I think they may even have a cream that is specifically made for bikini lines but I seem to remember it was more expensive.

The .5 pound is gone. I'm back on track and I'm happy once again. 147 has always been a place that my body seems to stick for awhile, so it might take sometime to get the whoosh fairy to come see me. I don't care though, the gremlin knock on my door last night and I didn't let him in.
Yours Truely Jo-ann :wave:

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Jan-31-02, 07:21
My mother - 60 something says "within this 67 year old body, lies a 16 year old dieing to get out." I myself am going to be 39 years young next month. I race on a sailboat with a crew of guys in the summer, I'm the oldest and one of the guys thought I was 27, I could have kissed him. I truely believe you are only as old as you think you are. Staying activite helps, attitude and well you know the bikini (haven't done that one yet) . Can't wait to look good enough to wear one though.

Jkrohn
Thu, Jan-31-02, 08:24
Thanks for all the info ladies. That sugar thing sounds interesting. I guess I will just need to experiment with different products until I find the one that works the best.

Haven't weighed myself since last week as I don't want to discourage myself. Loast 5 lbs last week and I know that's not normal and won't happen every week. BUt, ooooh to get a visit from the whoosh failry was soooo nice. It's that TOM and some little bed bug also dropped a bowling ball in my stomach and I swear hit my breasts with a baseball bat until they were puffy and swollen. Little bastard. LOL Will wait until it's over to weigh that will make it that much nicer!

Still feeling great! Can wait until summer to show off my new bod. Actually paged threw the new swimsuit catalog to see what I could find. Not that my body is anywhere near bikini wear mind you. But still searching for what I WILL someday get this body into. Then again it's 11 below here today so talking swimsuits is pretty darn scary!

Hope all is well ladies. Keep up the good work! :thup:

Messy

sunshine2
Thu, Jan-31-02, 08:25
First of all, I want a belly button ring, there I said it out loud. My husband is totally against it, and just does not think its attractive. So, I haven't decided what to do about it yet, but I think when I reach that hot bod, I will persuade him of anything ;) , If not, maybe I could find a fake one that looks like the real thing???? But if not a belly button ring, then I'm going to have a very thin, shiny, gold belly chain made, maybe with a small floating heart on it or something. I will do something for this stomach of mine, after all the hard work I'm putting into it. I am showing it off! I want people to notice it.

Shannon, I agree with you, I dont think I would want to go the doc and show off my chemical burn around my *&^%&*. So, if I can have two babies naturally (not by choice) then I should be able to handle a little ripping of the hairs (ouch, that doesn't sound so good when you type it)

Anyhow, coming to this site keeps me pumped about what is going to happen "someday". Keeps me in tune to what my goal is, and by golly I want to wear a bikini before I leave this world!

Another thing, besides showing off my belly, I like to show off the legs I've been working on too, so I am going to get me a thin gold ankle bracelet too!

Ladies, work those bods, bikini wheather is around the corner! :cool:

PS got to change my stats again this morning from 193 to 190.5. :clap:

liddle
Thu, Jan-31-02, 11:44
Sunshine,
Don't worry about your husband. He just doesn't know yet how sexy he'll think you are with a belly button ring.
My husband wasn't much for it when I got my first one in "96 but he really grew to like it. He thought it was sexy! I just asked him this morning for his approval to get one again, (not like I needed it) and he was all for it. You have time to work on your hubby and if you get a fake one he'll either see how much he likes it, or doesn't like it. Good luck!

Having now decided on getting my belly button ring has given me a new outlook. I'm not as big on bikini's (kids pushed out my ribs and I think it looks wierd) so a tanki and a belly button ring, now that is motivation! Especially with this warm weather we have been having in NC. 78* yesterday! I think only 75* today. I love it!!!!!!

Later ladies,
Heather

sunshine2
Thu, Jan-31-02, 13:56
Heather, I am totally jealous, it is snowing in Oklahoma right now. :(

Jkrohn
Thu, Jan-31-02, 14:01
Only 3 here in ND. BRRRRR Yet people are running around without coats as this is a heat wave compared to yesterdays -11.

Oh warm bikini weather where are you????

Then again, this bod isn't ready yet. I need all the winter I can get to get this bod wipped into bikini wearing shape! Slowly but surely we're all on the right track!!

Stay positive and stay strong we'll get there!!!!!

Messy

goingfor60
Thu, Jan-31-02, 22:32
Our high today was 46 and our low tonight is going to be 28 I'm about to shrivel up and die its so cold here! I cant take it I tell ya I just cant stand it. I wore a ski sweater and a 3/4 length cow all day!

But anyway I went to target tonight and on my way to buy some new workout capri pants I saw bikini's... You know I had to grab one a sadist I know already! I put on the top which was an extra large and I didnt scream or inflict pain on anyone. I looked and decided that a boob job is definately in my future. It was as clear as day that these gigantic boobies have to go and for the first time, today I really knew it.

Its so exciting all of the things that we are doing to improve the quality of our life.

see ya

Shannon

lastchance
Fri, Feb-01-02, 05:37
Wow, Shannon! Go for it with the bikini! Well done, girl! As for the boob job - I understand your problem, having HH cups myself (real ones of course!). Large enough to house two small cities! I'd be happy with a DD but that was the size I was when I was 15 and weighed only 120lbs so not much chance! And as for there ever being enough money for a boob job, I doubt it. Oh well, could be worse, they are perfectly healthy and some people even love them!

But my thighs, well, I don't think anyone could love those yet! -- but they will, they will!

That weather does seem very cold for LA - but it does give you a chance to find out what real weather is for a change LOL!

TOM, the naughtiest of all the gremlins has given me my 4lbs back over night - but I know the whoosh fairy will return to save me in 3 days time. (well, she'd better, or we'll have to have a little talk!).

Anyone else been trying on new clothes?

Last Chance

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Feb-01-02, 07:01
The gremlin is gone, he has left Nova Scotia, I sent him to a underwater cave in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. In order for him to stay there we have to drink lots of water and exercise. So girls this is the week for the whoosh fairy. Let's prove to that gremlin that girl power is alive and well. :cheer: :cheer:
Shannon you go girl, who's next.
I finally got past the 147 mark, Now it's just 146.5 BUT IT"S 146.5 . I have only seen that once in the last 7 years and that was when I was starving on ww.
P.S. It's -10 here and that's without the windchill. We are supposed to get atleast another 6 inches today and that's on top of the 2 feet we have already.
Jp

lastchance
Fri, Feb-01-02, 07:09
Oh, Jo-Ann, it's your fault, is it? You sure must be strong, must have been workign out cos you pushed tha tgremlin right across the Atlantic to London! But don' t worry, he won't be with me for long!

Way to go! enjoy the loss! Very well done!

Sara

sunshine2
Fri, Feb-01-02, 08:12
My hubby and my two children are taking off on a fishing trip this weekend, my husband asked, "would you mind if I take both kids with me, it will leave you all alone if I do, and I didn't know if you would like that." I'm thinking..........what is he thinking ....Hell no I won't mind.....I haven't had a weekend by myself since the kids were born, in 11 years. So, I am going to enjoy this weekend, I think to give myself a boost, I am going to go to the mall, and try on some clothes. I need a new dress for our Memorial service at church, and I need a formal for the Acapulco trip I'm going on.
This weekend is all about me and I am loving it.

One of the things I've always wanted was a boob job, but the enhancing kind, I've always told myself, if I get to 135, that will be my reward......for you ladies with the big boobs, my sister n law has the same problem being a cup size that I didn't know they even made. And it makes her look bigger than she really is, she is scheduled to have a breast reduction soon, it has been causing her severe back pain, so being that big can cause some medical problems.

Shannon, you have done so good, to even think about trying on a bikini says a lot in my book (i'm not there yet by far). Keep up the great work, you are headed for that string, thong, bikini in no time. ;)

Ladies, off to work I go.

Jkrohn
Fri, Feb-01-02, 08:28
Yes ma'am was just trying on new pants yesterday as my husband keeps accussing me of %#~!ing in my pants. LOL They truly are really baggy in the backside. :hyper: About jumped up and down and yelled throughout the dressing room twhen I put on a pair of dress pants 3 sizes smaller than the jeans I was wearing!!!!!

Then, I went to a candle party hungry.....BIG MISTAKE.

Let those gremlins overtake my good sense of control and ate like a total hog! Deep fried cheese curds, deep fried sirloin tips, deep fried potatoes...etc etc etc. It was really a nightmare gone bad. :bash:

But, back in the saddle today. Got up and walked extra hard this am to burn a few extra fat cells I may have consumed last night. Ate a good LC breakfast and am off to a happy Friday.

Bikini bod here I come...........not tomorrow but I'm stil coming. ;)

BE STRONG! BE WELL!

Messy

lastchance
Fri, Feb-01-02, 08:38
Hey Messy, three sizes? did you say three sizes??? Wonderful!!! You're amazing! And don't worry about the binge, success can go to your head and send you crazy - look at Michael Jackson! And you've already recovered! I don't hold out much hope for him!

Keep it up!

Last Chance

Jkrohn
Fri, Feb-01-02, 08:46
Thanks Last Chance you're right! I need to focus on the positives and not the negatives......

That's right! I am down 3 sizes darn it and I'm pretty darn proud of that! :clap:

Thanks Again Last Chance you got my head screwed back on straight! :)

Messy

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Feb-01-02, 08:48
Sara,:there: nope, wasn't me, but I hear that he has an "evil twin brother that moves around alot ." Sorry though, I know if you don't watchout for them they can seek up on you. Thanks for the words of encouragement , the support I get here helps me alot to.

Messy, oh my god three sizes, I think I heard your squeal up here in N.S.

Susnshine- you'll have to do something special for that man so he realizes that giving you the weekend free is in his best interest. I sail alot in the summer. So in the winter I don't make alot of time constrants on my husband. He has his winter freedom and I have the summer freedom. My son thinks it's great he gets a lot of undivided attention.
Shannon where are you ?
Look forward to hearing from you all
Jo-Ann:wave:

atanqt
Fri, Feb-01-02, 09:23
I WANT A CHICKEN LEG!!!
Only 17 more posts and I get a chicken leg That's great considering I just started at these posts a little while ago.

And I bet you all thought I was talking about eating a piece of chicken

I can't imagine getting a steak on my profile, that's alot of posting and I'm sure alot of great advice

sunshine2
Fri, Feb-01-02, 11:48
Jo-Ann - replying to your post about doing something "special" for my man. Made me think, now that I've lost a lot of weight, and I'm not anywhere near being "all that" or "the bomb" or anything like that, it does make me feel good on the inside. Which brings out my self confidence. Not only have I lost weight and feel good etc, it has improved our relationship, I feel more attractive, and a lot less iritable etc. Just made me think about how much things have improved, including in the bedroom (oops did I say that out loud). Anyhow, when you lose weight, you not only change in appearance but on the inside too. Just a thought I was thinking that I thought I would share with all you bikini women. Have you guys experienced a change on the inside as well? Sexiness I do think comes from the inside, it takes the attitude too as we discussed earlier in the forum. And Shannon's definitely got that attitude, makes women sit up and notice, (men too ;) )

Atanqt - you'll get your chicken before you know it. ;) , hey, I didn't even realize that my next piece of meat will be a steak! Wow!

Messy- you gotta love losing THREE sizes, that is totally way kewl, exciting, awesome. Congratulations, keep it up, you will lose more and be in the bikini.

So how is everyone else doing? Hows the bikini progress going?

liddle
Fri, Feb-01-02, 11:59
Sunshine,
Reading your post took me back a few months ago when I was down 30lbs. and my husband down 50lbs. It was like we hadn't seen each other in years. (Technically we hadn't with the weight off )It was all we did! It's getting back to normal now, well not the normal it was when we were so overweight but a new Normal. A better normal! :D Now when he tells me to put thongs on, I'm not so self conscious. I even feel kinda sexy. :eek:
I still wont where those darn things all day though. Can't stand the up the butt thing! :rolleyes:

Later ladies,
Heather

sunshine2
Fri, Feb-01-02, 12:12
Heather -
I know what you mean about the thong thing, I find myself shopping for sexier sleep wear, panties, bras etc, i browse the victoria secret catalog often now, and before, NO WAY. I actually buy sexier bras too and feel like they are attractive on me. I can't wait until I can actually pick out my bikini.

Now, I have no problem dressing a little sexier for my hubby, as before, it was nothing but flannel gowns. ;) , my husband called them granny gowns. Can you believe I actually wore them to bed? No wonder it took me a few years to get pregnant. LOL, And if it wasn't the long granny gowns, it was sweats and a big t-shirt.

This morning, I put on a pair of jeans, and I was noticing my rear, how much smaller it is from before, I actually gasped, I couldn't beleive how much smaller it has become, I've lost it during the past 7 months, and actually hadn't noticed all that much until this morning. I've got 1/2 a rear-end from what I had last year at this time.

Also, as I was putting some lotion on (girls make sure you mositurize too for the summer - keeps the tan glowing), I noticed my cellulite, demple by demple, they are disappearing.

KarenB
Fri, Feb-01-02, 12:22
I have to toss my two pfennigs into the hat, now.

Until I lost about 20lbs while l/cing, I never even *thought* about wearing one.

Now I own... lemme think... TEN of 'em. And four of those are from Victoria's Secret. (Hey, buy two, get two free--who can pass THAT kinda sale up, I ask you? :D )

The trick with thongs is to be sure you're not buying them too small. Too-small ones will be *painful* after a while. If they're fitting right, they won't chafe you at all. I wear them nearly every day, under my jeans, skirts, dresses.... I love the "no VPL" look. And I *know* other people (yeah, I mean MEN) are noticing. Nothing can beat that for an ego-boost!

And as for things turning around in the bedroom... ::snickering:: One of my honeys actually said to me about a month ago, "Oh my God! I found your hipbone!!!" We both cracked up, and then I turned onto my side and said "And look--RIBS!!!" And we cracked up again.

Laughter is good. Laughing with a special someone in bed--for the RIGHT reasons--is even better!

liddle
Fri, Feb-01-02, 13:54
Karen,

And as for things turning around in the bedroom... ::snickering:: One of my honeys actually said to me about a month ago, "Oh my God! I found your hipbone!!!" We both cracked up, and then I turned onto my side and said "And look--RIBS!!!" And we cracked up again.

(sorry I haven't figured the quote thing out yet) :rolleyes:

ONE of your honeys??? OH MY!!!!!! :eek:

All of this talk about thongs and *%&, boy hubby is gonna be in for it when he comes home. :D

Later ladies,
Heather

Tama
Fri, Feb-01-02, 14:25
My goodness aren't we chatty today, ladies!

Shannon, I haven't tried on any new suits yet, but I did try on my old ones this week. :eek: Tan, definitely a tan. Found that I am not as close as I thought I was, but the suits look a lot better than the last time I had them on!

Messy, all I can say is WOW - 3 sizes! You must be so proud of yourself! I went through the closet today and put on a pair of jeans 1 size smaller and just about jumped through the roof! I don't know what I would do if I lost 3 whole sizes at once! I need to go shopping.

As for *ahem* the rest of you girls....all I'll say is I wear an extra big smile around these days! :D :D :D

Hugs all, Tama

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Feb-01-02, 15:02
Glad I didn't cause any trouble with that comment. After I wrote it I was a little scared that I was stating something that was a little too riskgay. :wiggle:
I have a date with my husband tormorrow night. :yay: :agree:
Oh my, did I write that?
Sexy is much more fun.
Jo-Ann
P.S. I promise to be well behaved now.

KarenB
Fri, Feb-01-02, 15:06
Uh oh, now we have to be well-behaved???

Time for me to get outta Dodge!!! :lol:

Jkrohn
Fri, Feb-01-02, 16:38
Yes Ladies I am in total agreement. The more I lose the better I feel, the better I feel, the better I think I look ya know? I am no where near a Victoria Secret Model but I sure feel like I could be. More confidence is really a good thing. My hubby loves it too. The smaller bod has opened up a whole new door to the bedroom. Didn't know the old one was broken but boy are we fixing it........ :agree:

Tama congratulations on your smaller jeans! THat's great! It sure feels so good doesn't it. Gives us the motivation to keep going. All I can think about is when I finally wont wear a size 2 anything. THat sounds weird a size 2 yes a size 20 no. Get it. LOL

Keep up the good work ladies! Bikini bods here we come.........

Messy

sunshine2
Fri, Feb-01-02, 16:38
One of the things I love about this thread, started by Shannon, a little crazy herself, is we're able to talk about everything from, "the hedgehog with a rash", having a chemical burn on our *&^%, to belly button piercing, picking out our bikini's, and last but certainly not least "sex".

Whew, what a week of discussions we've had here.

Everyone have a great weekend.

PS - Jo-Ann have a great time on your date.
Heather - sounds like you've got some plans too! :eek:
Tama, I know what you mean about walking around with a
smile on your face. ;)
Karen - Stick around, it'll be fun! :D LOL
Messy - You go girl
Shannon - Can't wait to hear more about your shopping for
bikini's (and I know you will have some crazy
replies to our most recent discussion, LOL)
Sara - hang in there, gremlin will leave you alone, just stay
commited and drink up your water.
Atanqt - That chicken is around the corner. :p

Bye all, work those future bikini bods!

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Feb-01-02, 17:21
I think we've all found a thread we like. The more the merrier.
Sunshine I'm very impressed at your keeping track of all of us.
It is wonderful that no matter what our shape or form is, we all seem to want to have some fun on this journey.
It is refreshing to meet such a group of ladies that know that life has it's ups and downs and that we can support each other in such a positive way.
Thanks Heather, Tama, Karen, Messy, Shannon, Sara, Atanqt, and all the others who have come along for this important journey. Bikini here we come, now where is that sunshine anyways. We are now having a hail storm.
Any suggestions for a few snacks for infront of the fireplace for tomorrow night ? When we built the house I had a fireplace installed in the bedroom half way up the wall, across from the bed. Believe it or not that was my mothers idea. (she's the one that says "within this 67 yr old body is a 16 yr old dieing to get out").

KarenB
Fri, Feb-01-02, 17:35
What about some cucumber rounds spread with cream cheese and topped with caviar? FitDay shows that sturgeon roe has only .64g of carbs per tablespoon, 2.86g fat, and 3.94g protein. Sounds like a winner to me!!

And BTW, your mom ROCKS. That idea about the fireplace halfway up the wall is *wonderful.*

Danielle
Fri, Feb-01-02, 20:40
Hi everyone-

I haven't posted in a while and just wanted to say hello. Sounds like everyone is doing well. The last few weeks have been slow. I know I need to start exercising and drinking my water again. Spring is just around the corner, which means summer is not too far behind.

Danielle :p

goingfor60
Fri, Feb-01-02, 21:22
I type my tale of yet another bikini try on 24 hours ago and while I go to work we jump into discussions of jeans, thongs, piercings, shopping, breasts, sensual eating and SEX. I'm Shocked - I'm Stunned and I'm loving you guys all the more! I wish I could hug ya.

That's right take off those big panties, granny gowns, sweat pants, beige/white/black plain cotton underwire bras (you know you own one) and anything else that doesnt scream look at this new body. I knew it - call me crazy, but I knew you were all just a bunch of hotties hiding behind the extra poundage we use to carry. I did it too and I had decided if I cant be honest about the things in life that are important to me then why bother doing any of this.

We have a goal of bikini - but who knew that some of the perks along the way would be new clothes, better sex, body accessories and spicy/sexy attitudes. If I knew thinner felt this good I would have tried this sooner!

Hmm lets weight this 60 pounds overweight grumpy, depressed because I was fat and hating any mall or going out because I was fat.
39 pounds less on my way to 60 and I am already happier,healthier,sexier,goal oriented, party goer and more adventurous than ever before. What kinda nimrod was I? :bash:

Ladies - congratulations on all of the wonderful accomplishments you are just an inspiration. Keep the faith in whoosh fairies and keep your men on their toes. My boyfriend is in a constant state of panic :clap: I know its mean but (tee hee people think I'm sexy) :daze:

See ya...
shannnon

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Feb-02-02, 06:41
The cucumber rounds are a great idea, they will go really nicely with bacon wrapped oysters (or maybe even scallops) .
Shannon we missed you, yes we strayed a little off topic. But I think it all has to do with the final goal. Looking good has it's perks, it certainly helps your self- confidence. Most of us have alreay figured out that we are not just changing the outside but our inside too.
A bikini is good motivation though.
I've got some grocery shopping to do.
Jo-Ann :wave:

Welcome Danielle, glad you've dropped back in. Look forward to your comments and suggestions.

liddle
Sat, Feb-02-02, 08:04
You are unique. You are beyond compare. Make the most of it.
Stop worrying about everyone else and you'll free up
enormous energy to be the best you can be.

-- Ralph Marston

Think about it,
Heather

KarenB
Sat, Feb-02-02, 09:03
SHE'S BACK!!!!! :bhug:

I missed you, lady! See what you've done? I'm... *talking* about SEX!!!! ROFL

Anyway... those oysters, Jo-Ann... They're higher in carbs than most other seafoods. Just wanted to warn you in case you didn't already know. (Am I too late? Was the sexy snacking last night? Oops...) One ounce of smoked oysters (the only kind I can stomach, with LOTS of hot pepper sauce like Crystal or Frank's or even good old Tabasco) brings along 1.78g carbs. That's more than two hard-boiled eggs. I'm not saying don't go for them, but just be aware they're not quite "free." That being said...

Knock yer man dead, baby! :devil:

Jo-Ann 2
Sat, Feb-02-02, 12:47
I've eaten a cheese burger with out the bun and lots of water today.
Tonight we're having water chessnuts wrapped in bacon, deviled eggs and cucumber slices with salmon cream cheese then prime rib with a ceasar salad. The bedroom is going to be strawberries and cream with sparkling water. Whip cream yahhhhhh!
Thanks for the oyster info.
Time to make up the bed, fluff those pillows. Hubby can set the firelplace. My son is off to Nannies house for the night. :wave: Jo-Ann

Jo-Ann 2
Sun, Feb-03-02, 07:50
I had a wonderful night last night. We went to Ocean 11, not bad "eye candy", I find that these days I admior things. Then home to devil eggs (I put some smoked salmon in the yolk) yum and cucumber slices with garlic cream cheese, striplion steak and ceasar salad, then decaf. irish cream coffee with whip cream which we drank in bed with the fireplace going. It was really nice.
I find that we haven't taken time for each other lately and this rekindled some of those flames that we haven't lit in a while.
It made losing weight seem like a gift I've given to our relationship. I certainly feel sexier. He liked the all over tan (he,he).
P.S. I thought the bacon wrapped thing were too big of a chance. By the way my sweety bought us both a large bag of popcorn at the movie's without me knowing first. I told him I would save mine as a treat for our son and it would be more romantic to eat from the same bag, I kept my portion down to 1/2 a cup. I'm getting smarter, the gremlin knocked I didn't answer. I didn't want to hurt my honey's feelings though he wanted to be like a real "date"
Jo-Ann

liddle
Sun, Feb-03-02, 08:54
Jo-Ann,
I am so jealous! That sounds like a wonderful date! My hubby and I haven't been out alone together in forever. I hate leaving the kids at home with a sitter. I feel so guilty. Guess I'm gonna have to get over that cause a date sounds like so much fun! That's the only problem living in NC when all of your family is in Pa and NJ. No family baby sitters. :rolleyes: You make me laugh about the popcorn. Quick thinking, I like that! ;) I agree about the weight thing, *&^% is so much better when you feel sexy yourself! :D Now, if I could just get rid of these 8 pounds I'd feel like a goddess! (Wont look like one, but I'd feel like one)

Later,
Heather

liddle
Mon, Feb-04-02, 18:51
All this talk about sex, I thought this was cute.....

An elderly woman goes to the doctor and asks his help to revive her husband Ole's sex drive.
"What about trying Viagra?" asks the doctor.

"Not a chance," says Lena. "He won't even take an aspirin for a headache."

"No problem," replies the doctor. "Drop it into his coffee, he won't even taste it. Try it and come back in a week to let me know how you got on."

A week later Lena returns to the doctor and he inquires as to how things went.

"Oh it was terrible, just terrible doctor."

"What happened?" asks the doctor.

"Well I did as you advised and slipped it in his coffee. The effect was immediate. He jumped straight up, swept the cutlery off the table, at the same time ripping my clothes off and then proceeded to make passionate love to me on the tabletop. It was terrible."

"What was terrible?" said the doctor, "was the sex not good?"

"Oh no doctor, the sex was the best I've had in 25 years, but I'll never be able to show my face in McDonald's again."

Later,
Heather

goingfor60
Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:41
We had sun for the past 3 days - this is so great its warm again! I am off to the gym for a step&sculpt class, I tell ya cold weather really bites.

But before I go...
I went to the snow yesterday( 1.5 hrs out of LA) and I had on enough layers to look like a stay puffed marshmellow. I looked in the mirror and said I never want to look this way again. It was as if I was the old Shannon that was round all over. Seeing that was beyond shock value it cut deep and I stood there atleast 5 minutes,looking, analyzing and finally said NEVER EVER AGAIN! I felt ugly, I felt fat and I felt unenchanted with the way I looked. Then I said but yeah I've got this kick'in body underneath and next time I'll wear ski pants to show off my cute little butt and killer legs.

Sometimes its the little things that make the big impactful moments.

Have a great evening ladies...

Shannon

Cher
Tue, Feb-05-02, 00:04
I'm new to this thread but just wanted to say hi. Now this may seem silly because I'm 46 but, I want to fit into a bikini again...and this summer. Now, I have no ideal if I will reach my goal by summer...but, wouldn't it be great :agree: if I could. So, the problems are the sagging under the arms, the thighs that look like ham bones and the tummy (which has gotten a lot smaller) but, must not protrude over my bathing suit. So, I've just got a whole lot to work on...and I'm doing that. I'm determined that working out in combo with this WOE I will be able to get back that body that I want.... So, well see what happens as summer gets closer. So, hopefully you gals wont mind if I just into your tread...it's definitely turning into my summer motivation

Jo-Ann 2
Tue, Feb-05-02, 06:56
It's simply wonderful that you found us and jumped in. The exercise is the key to the toning. We really like to have a giggle or two around hear. So feel free to tell us about your experiences. We get a little off topic, but it's all in fun. The Bikini is something that a few of us have never worn and some when we were six, still others are returning to a bathing suit we want to wear again.
I'm glad your joined us. Everyone has dropped in from somewhere. So start looking at those catalogues girl and have fun with us.
:wave: Jo-Ann

Jkrohn
Tue, Feb-05-02, 08:30
Welcome aboard! This group is great! I just joined myself recently and I can tell you they are full of great little tidbits and secrets. If you have a questions about ANYTHING... Just ask there will be someone out there who will have an answer. If your feeling down, depressed, or guilty: tell us! We're here to listen and support you. No one said this would be easy but we're in it together and all for the same goal.....Bikini bods here we come!:) If you're doing great share that too! It's nice to get a pat on the back when you deserve one.

Keep on trucking and this WOL is definately going to change you and get you in that bikini in no times. Exercise is the key to toning that under arm flab. Little light weights will do the trick in no time.

Take care and Welcome Aboard!

Messy

atanqt
Tue, Feb-05-02, 11:20
Today for breakfast was a pork chop, and for lunch, was chicken and beef in a thai sauce w/ gr.peppers and onions. NO RICE!! :nono: Lots of water.

Getting ready to clean the house completly. I'm going to work fast and hard so that I work up a sweat and burn lots of calories.

After that my dog and I are going for our 45min. walk and run.

Then when my man gets home he'll go walking with us again for about 30min.

Just telling you all about this makes me get up and do it ;) I'm anxious to see what I'll weigh at the end of this week. I know I will have lost a pound but maybe just maybe it'll be 2 :exclm:

Love being here and love checking in :D Talk to everyone later :wave:

sunshine2
Tue, Feb-05-02, 11:30
Hey Cher, we meet again ;) - Cher and I both belong to another furum (the 190's club).

Cher, this is a crazy forum..........your in for a ride. Hows the 10 pound challenge going? I'm not quite there yet, the scales were up today, but I'm on some medication due to me being sick with the crud, so I'm thinking it is making me retain some water weight.

Girls, I only have 38 more days until my Acapulco trip, gosh am I getting excited. The best part about it is, its totally FREE, of course I plan on taking some cash for spending. I told myself if I could get down to 180 by the trip that I would splurge and by myself a piece of jewlery. (the silver over there is very cheap).
My low point was 190.5, and the scales this morning were up to 194.5 :( , but thats okay, I know it will leave soon, and I'll break the 190's, I'm just sure of it!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and working those "soon to be bikini bodies". Anyone buy their first bikini yet? Shannon?

Jkrohn
Tue, Feb-05-02, 11:31
Ok ladies I need help! I'm feeling very blah today! Haven't lost anything in a week and a 1/2. I'm eating well still walking 2 miles 5 days a week. Staying active on the weekends so I'm not a couch potatoe like I used to be......But still nothing! Even pumped up the arm weights when I walk to hopefully burn a little harder. Boy did that work! Sweated a ton! Drinking tons of water. Peeing every hour! UGH. But no change.

Need a little boost! That bikini bod isn't going to make it here by next year at this rate!

UGH!!!!!!!

Messy

sunshine2
Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:01
Okay, Messy, first of all, kick the hell out of those damned scales, they lie anyhow.

2nd, how is your inches? Do you feel like your losing? Do you feel smaller? I know for me, I lost 6 1/2 inches before I even lost a pound, this was after I really upped my exercise to 5 -6 x's per week. I thought I would see a huge difference in the scales, and notta, notta darn thing. But I knew I felt lighter, so I measured, and sure enough 6 1/2 inches gone, but no pounds. Then they started coming off 1/2 pound this week, 1 1/2 the next, and so on. So don't be down on yourself. Your body is just adjusting to the knew WOE, and the new exercise, etc.

Chin up, that bikini will be yours, no time to give up now, keep doing what your doing, and we'll see how the scales look next week.

Jkrohn
Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:37
You're right. I used to measure everyweek but that got to depressing so I quit. Haven't measured in 3 weeks now I bet that's what's going on. I just got so used to loosing at least 2 lbs a week that I banked on it. Assumed since I had dropped 2 pounds a week since I started back in November that it would just continue that way. Reality check!! :p

I have come to far to give up now!

Slow and steady wins the race!

That's why I love this group. One message out and I feel a ton better! Thanks again!

Messy

Jkrohn
Tue, Feb-05-02, 13:50
Anybody read the book Sugar Addict by Kathleen DesMaison? One of my girlfriends suggested it as she considers it LC'ing but I'm skeptical. She used to be a total sugar addict. Ya know the kind that would eat several bags of "peeps" around Easter but say hey there's no fat so I can eat as many as I want. She was always heavy. She looks great! Her skin looks healthy, her hair is shiny again, and her body....Well lets just say she has dropped a whole person I think. :p She doesn't crave sugar at all anymore!

Oh to not walk past a plate of cookies and not have to slap your own hand away. :bash: Anyway, she followed this book to a T. What scares me as while she was mainly LC'ing the book stated she should eat a potato, sweet or regular with the skin everynight before bed????? A potato! How can that be good for us? She said it was to keeps the carb cravings under control. I could hardly sit still! She looked great, her blood work had never been better, and she was eating a potato everyday!!!!!!!

Help! Totally confused! I have read Dr Atkins 1st book, Protein Power, and am reading Protein Power Lifeplan now...........

Anybody Anybody???

Messy

Jo-Ann 2
Tue, Feb-05-02, 14:31
1)Fat takes up more room than muscle but muscle weighs more, thus you can be burning away that fat - losing inches and building up beautiful toned muscles but the scales will stay the same. The lean muscle mass you're getting will make your body burn more calories and make you look thinner. This happens to me I can weigh 134 and look sick and still flabby or I can weigh 134 and be in a smaller size and look healthy. It's all in the lean muscle mass you have. I've been there before on ww and that would be the starved sick look and I've done it that other way with exercise and eating, the 134 definitely looks better when you done some exercise to get there. Hope this makes you feel better about those scales, they are nasty, the way your cloths fit are the key.
2)Have not read the book, it looks like your friend found something that works for her, do you like the atkins diet, does it work for you, if not then try the other diet, it might work for you. I find that I like the way I feel when I'm not eating carb's. I'm not tired, I have no heartburn or indigestion, I can sleep through the night, and I find I have alot more energy. It's your body do what works for you. If nothing else it might make an interesting read.
P.S.hope I was helpful. I can only tell you what works for me. The best thing about this place is we all are allowed to give our 2 cents worth.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave:

sunshine2
Tue, Feb-05-02, 15:16
Okay, my 2 cents in regarding the Sugar Addicts:

I think everyone is different, some can eat more carbs, others (like myself) can eat very little. This is where you decide what works for you. If you feel what your doing is not working, then try something else, and see if that works. I know a lot of people recommend the Summer Sizing, and it is a lot more carbs than Atkins, and they are very successful at it.

So to each their own. Whatever you decide, you will have our support.

Jkrohn
Tue, Feb-05-02, 16:00
Joanne and Sunshine2! Thanks for your 2 cents. I appreciate your thoughts. I am doing fine with the protein power. (Except this little slump) but that's only temporary. It has worked well for me so far. I am reading Protein Power Lifeplan now and learning more and more. Maybe when I finish that I will check out Sugar Addicts. But you're right "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Right now I have been successful with the protein power. I feel good, my skin has improved, my hair is shiny, my butt is smaller..... What more do I want???

Thanks for the help guys!

Messy

goingfor60
Tue, Feb-05-02, 20:02
First of all Hi Cher - welcome to the click.

Hmm potatoes I've heard of them - they grow on trees right? I was reading your post messy and thinking to myself would a potato be great if I could eat one every day? Then it came to me what would be great to have every single day and my answer is a chocolate souffle :rheart: now that would be great everyday.

So here's the question... if you had the choice of one thing to eat EVERY SINGLE DAY what would it be. Will you ever go back to that item when you reach goal and go on maintenance?

Sunshine2 I am still working on getting this belly ready for the suit, my legs are killer and my arms are getting toned I just cant get it all working together. Definately June :thup: While your in acapulco make sure you buy a silver chain to go around your stomach and ankle!

See ya
Shannon

Cher
Tue, Feb-05-02, 20:10
Jo-Ann2... hi and thanks a lot for the warm welcome! This is a really fun thread...I've enjoyed reading it and I am truly inspired by all the people who are trying to get into bikini shape. Summer will never be the same :-) I feel like I'm the only person in Newport Beach who can't wear a bikini right now...so, I'm working on this really hard. Of course, a lot of people have surgery to enhance their bodies out here...I guess I would too if i wasn't so scared of that...so, it's exercise and Atkins for me.

hi Sunshine... it's nice to see you in this thread too...we're all sort of leaving the 190's (guess we'll have to change it to the 180's club soon...LoL). The 10 pound challenge went really well...I'm actually down 12.5 pounds. You're doing really well too so...don't worry about the temporary weight gain...It's definitely because of the medicine! I can always tell if something has some sugar because it increases my cravings (sure sign). The same thing happened to me yesterday after having an IV from my dr. I felt so hungry when I got home. So, I know my weight may have gone up a little but I'm just not weighing again till next monday...And, I added some extra fat today to help stop those cravings. P.S., Acapulco is getting closer and closer...you've done so well! Buy yourself that piece of jewerly...you're worth it!

Messy...thank you for your welcome too...I really appreciate it (especially since I just jumped in here...LoL). It's nice to know that there's a place to come where you can share everything (good or bad) that's going on. It seems like I have both days. But, I feel really good about the weight loss and I'm excited that there's a place that we can all come to for support! I don't know anything about sugar addicts but a potato a day and I'd be in carbohydrate heaven (guess all our bodies are really different). I'm glad it's working for your friend...I feel good when anyone is losing and maintaining their weight! Don't worry about the last week and 1/2...you've probably just added some muscle...which means...you're gonna look great in that Bikini :yay: P.S.... it sounds like Protein Power is working well for you! Keep up the good work!

Thanks everyone for welcoming me

Cher
Tue, Feb-05-02, 20:22
Shannon...you must have been posting while I was on-line...just wanted to say hi and thanks for starting the Bikini countdown club. It was so fun to read...I just had to jump in. Also, you're not to far from me...you're about 1 hour away (I'm in Newport Beach)...nice to meet someone else from Southern California.

goingfor60
Tue, Feb-05-02, 21:53
Hey Cher

I may be in your area during the summer... Since I became LC I have really stepped out of my comfort zone and gotten into some sports.

I am always proud to say/write that becoming LC helped me become a triathlete! Yes I swim,bike,run throughout the year in competitions. Something I could have never even done prior to this WOL. So maybe we can say Hi if I enter the event in newport. When I race I wear a skinsuit which doesnt leave much to the imagination so I just add insult to injury and turn it all into a quest for bikini. Not to worry I'm not some weird workout freak!

I'm always around whenever you need support!

Tama
Tue, Feb-05-02, 22:15
Welcome, Cher, and hey everybody.

Okay, first to Messy. Whenever you get discouraged, I think you should go shopping again and try on some more clothes that are 3 SIZES SMALLER!!! Wow, that would get me through a slump anyday! Also, a comment on the fat-muscle thing. When I got married I weighed 120 with absolutely no muscle tone. After comparing pictures, I have found I look better at 140 with muscles than at 120 without them, so just think of that beautiful toned body you are building and shrug off the discouragement!

Shannon, I went and tried on a bikini. Someone is playing some kind of sick joke on me. I tried it on and I was admiring myself in the mirror, thinking, "Hey, not bad. Stomach is getting there, pretty flat, arms and chest looking good..." Then I turned around and AHHHHHH! Did I just grow an old lady's butt when I wasn't looking? What is up with that? How can the front look so good and the rear view look like I just spent the last year at the Krispy Kreem? I have been working my tail off (or so I thought) and the tail is still there! I came home and did an hour with Billy, and I pouted at him the whole time. I guess I have been concentrating on the ab work too much and not working the lower half as hard or something. So that's my new focus. I am going to need a pareo or something this summer if I can't get this taken care of.

Oh yes, and the food I would eat once a day if I could? Pie with real whipped cream. But obviously the booty can't take it.

Hugs all, Tama

Cher
Wed, Feb-06-02, 00:22
Tama...hi and thanks again for the welcome...you Bikini gals are so sweet :-)
I think that was great advise for Messy...clothes shopping especially when you've lost wight is really fun! and it's so encouraging. I'm sure that bathing suit fit better than you thought....gee I'll look forward to being in a bathing suit when I'm at your weight! But, I sort of get it because everything seems to have changed in this last year. I keep wondering...will this flab under my arms leave??????? and...if not, how will I ever hide it in a bathing suit or a cute little sleeveless summer top or that evening gown I'm determined to wear to the grammy's one day :daze: And, I'm so happy that your tummy is flat again...will that ever happen for me...hum...lots of questions...but, I will just trust the process, listen to everyone's secrets on how to get a great body and exercise the heck out of my body

Shannon...that would be so nice if you were out this way over the summer...please let me know and we can have a LC lunch somewhere. We could go to Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza to look for bathing suits! When you run the triathlon in Newport is that the one specifically called "The race for the cure for Breast Cancer? A lot of women are getting involved in that run. Good for you Shannon for getting so involved physically...I'm impressed at your willingness and desire to succeed with this wol

Hope everone else is doing really well. I'm getting ready to go to sleep now but, I'm looking forward to checking in tomorrow. By the way, do most of you measure once a month. I love to see the results from measurements because their usually so impressive

agonycat
Wed, Feb-06-02, 07:36

Just stopping in to check on you gals. WOW the things I miss when on business trips!

I have a belly button ring and have one thing to say about the first 10 weeks. OUCH! Word of caution for those that want one. For the first 4 weeks do not wear any tight fitting clothes, panty hose or anything around your waist. It takes much longer to heal if you do...hence my 10 weeks :( Showers are a bit rough the first couple of weeks due to forgetting about it and start to scrub with the wash cloth...ooops and ouchies. :)

I think I have had mine for 6 years now with no problems. Only once in a while will it get tender or sore due to me wearing shorts with a drawstring or too tight of waistband.

I bought a new ring a couple of months ago. Was tired of the cobolt blue I had. I got a stainless steel color with black bead. They are pretty cool and some men find them very sexy indeed!

liddle
Wed, Feb-06-02, 07:42
Hello ladies,
Just thought I'd check in. Cher, welcome to our world. I love it here. When ever I feel down, I know I can come here and laugh. Whether we're talking about sex :eek: ,Tama's granny bootie :D , Shannon's adventures at the gym :p , (if you haven't read that one yet, it's a must!) or any other of the great conquests that these incredible ladies conquer, it's always great fun. Hope you stick around and enjoy the ride!

Later,
Heather :wave:

Jkrohn
Wed, Feb-06-02, 08:40
Shannon, you mentioned you have got the killer legs! You go girl! But how?? Tell me tell me I need help there. I tend to lose all my weight from my upper body and never my butt and thighs. My boobs are dang near non existant these days :mad: Even my hubby said so. No fun......That's one place I wouldn't mind not losing!! But back to the butt........ How do I get that rear view into bikini wearing shape????

Hey ladies! You guys are great! Back to my normal positive mood today! Thanks for the boost to get out of the slumps :wave:

Take care and stay strong!

Messy

atanqt
Wed, Feb-06-02, 09:31
Just wanted to say my hello's to Cher also :wave: I wish I lived in Southern Cali, the cold here in MI is unbearable. But I still manage to get out of the house everyday and go for my walk and run :thup:

I'll just have to wait till my vacation to St. Lucia in May :D And that's my motivation to go out in the snow and lose these last few pounds.

Well I've got to go freeze my bootie off. And hopefully some of this weight will freeze off too :p Talk to ya later :wave:

sunshine2
Wed, Feb-06-02, 10:48
Go Shannon with your killer leg self. To be honest, my bottom part of legs are okay, like my calves, they have a very nice shape to them, this comes from my younger years, spent 13 years as a cheerleader, and with all my jumps, you had to have strong legs. The only part of my body I really really really need help on is my lower stomach. You know the part that I have to raise up to wash (yuck). The part that hangs down, where it looks like I have two rear ends, one on the front side and one on the back side (you getting a visual now?). Anyhow, this is the area I so desperately want to improve. Just pure and simple UGLY. After two kids, will it ever look good? I sure hope so.

Shannon, okay, if I could choose one food to have every day what would it be? It would have to be pie, pure and simple. Love German Chocolate pie, I love coconut cream pie, I love banana cream pie. Now you know where I got the two rear ends.

Cher - Congrats on reaching the 10 pound challenge, BUT 12 POUNDS, DANG GIRL. You got it going on don't you. That is great, (and I thought I was doing good at my measly 6 pounds). You've double what I've lost. Go Cher, its your birthday!

Okay Tama, question? Did you buy the bathing suit? was it a "bikini"? Do tell. Billy will shape your booty up, another thing that a friend of mine did for three months to shape her booty up was, she would come into her house (now this sounds crazy - but I swear, she lost 1/2 an ass) sit down on her butt, right when she walked in the door, and she would scoot around (hard to explain) on her rear end all over the house, she would use her legs to move, but would continue to be sitting on her rear end. Does this make sense? Anyhow, the next time I saw her, she had 1/2 the ass she had before, I couldn't believe it. Then she told me what she did. Well, hey, it worked.

Tonight, its back to exercising, working my abbs. You know I'm so desperate with getting this "front rear end" off, I even bought one of those ab belts. You know the one that works your abs and you don't do anything. I know probably a waste of money, got caught up in the info mercial scam and before I knew it, I was giving the lady my credit card number. so anyhow, I was suckered again. The things we will do for a "bikini" body.

Well, time to go to work, talk to you guys later.

TF19310
Wed, Feb-06-02, 12:58
Hi, Don't mean to crash your party, but I saw your posts and found your comments pretty motivating.

I always struggle with the gain 10-12 lbs/lose 10-12 lbs thing over and over and it makes the difference on me whether I allow myself in a bikini or not. My husband and I always take our vacations at the beach so not getting in one is out of the question for me. I'm 34, and trying to hold onto my figure. I'm usually 112-115 in the summer time but lose my motivation when the weather turns cold. When its warm out I've been known to visit the gym 3-5 times a week and I feel great! However, the pants are a little snug in the thigh/rear area right now, but I've been trying for past month and lost 3 lbs only so far. Haven't been going to the gym since picking up a part-time hobby selling Mary Kay.

Thought that being a part of these posts would help get me in the groove since we're working on the same goal. Were talking about our first Cruise this May, and I'd love to be in shape again!

My Keto Stix have not moved beyond the first level of TRACE color. Anyone beyond that? If so, how'd you do it and how long did it take to get there??

sunshine2
Wed, Feb-06-02, 13:44
Welcome TF:

First of all, the sticks sometimes will only show a trace for people, but that does not mean it is not working. I've heard the darker it is, means you need more water. Mine usually stays around moderate. But, you might be eating hidden carbs, the ones found in the carb bars. This could effect your stick as well.

Well, this group of girls certainly motivates me, so I'm sure it will you too.

Welcome again and I look forward to reading more of your post.

Jo-Ann 2
Wed, Feb-06-02, 16:17
We had another foot of snow yesterday, which for those of you who are not familiar with that amount means a three foot drift at the end of my drive way. It was up past my hip, my son thought it was great, although I was scared to let him out of my sight, it was that deep in someplace. We're supposed to get more on Friday. We haven't had this much in years. 35 cm was the highest count for N.S. or 14 inches for those not use to metric.
Definitely not Bikini weather, the sun was out today though.
I WANT SUMMER.
I haven't eaten well today, not enough, I'm just not that hungry. I know not a good thing to do. But I have to get out tonight, so I promise I'll be a good girl tomorrow.
Have planned another date with the husband. My boy will be staying at the other Nannies on the 16th. I discovered I like a different type of candy these days he he.
Your truely Jo-Ann

Tama
Wed, Feb-06-02, 18:12
Go Jo-Ann!

Welcome, TF, you should be right at home here with all us bikini babes. The more the merrier. :daze:

No, sunshine, I did NOT buy the blasted suit. It is a bikini, and it has become my nemesis. Whenever we cross paths at the department store we stop, stare each other down to see who blinks first (usually me), and then walk slowly past one another without breaking eye contact. Like a scene out of 'High Plains Drifter'. You can hear the whistling in the background and everything. When I finally do purchase the bikini of my dreams, we will walk hand in hand past the devil suit and point and laugh, "We're going to the beach, and you're going to the clearance rack!"

I know I am full of it, but it makes me feel better. The booty is very sore today, so modifying the workout seems to be the ticket.

Good luck all, Tama

goingfor60
Wed, Feb-06-02, 21:22
Tama I'm still LOL! Your words played liked the movie in my head I could see the suit and feel the tension.

Hi TF welcome to our little group, we are a wild and unruly bunch.

Hey Messy I have killer legs because that is where I lose all of my weight. You lose up top and I lose down below! Anyway things you can do to strengthen your legs. Start slow with calf raises working your way into squats and lunges.

1. calf raises - do 2 sets of 20 daily- standing up, raise yourself up onto your toes hold it for 3 seconds and then release back down slowly. This is about strength and control.

2. squats - standing lean against a flat wall/surface place your back FLAT against the wall. slowly walk your legs forward(about 2-3 steps) apart a little (width of your hand) and then slide down the wall into a position as if you were sitting on straight back hard wooden chair. Hold this position for a slow count of 15 and then release and repeat as many as you can

3. lunges (these are hateful) - standing up take 1 giant step forward steady yourself by either lessening the step or making the stance wider. When you feel comfortable with the stance take the leg that is behind you and bend down towards the floor as far as you can go slowly and then raise yourself back up. Its ok if your back heel is off the floor it should be. The front foot should remain flat and your knee should not go forward over your toes. Raise and lower yourself 15 times on each leg.

Now I am not an exercise expert I have just randomly given a lot of money to personal trainers. I'm not bitter because this time I get to share the knowledge I have with others. So you guys take what you can from what I do. I also spend a lot of time on the elyptical machine because I cant spend too much time on the tred mill it hurts my knees and shins.

Hope this helps - now get out there and work it!

Shannon

Jo-Ann 2
Thu, Feb-07-02, 07:34
:wave: I finally lost my first 10 pounds. I can't believe it, I stalled for almost two weeks and then this morning the scale read 145.5.
I fit into my 12 jeans though they are a little tight.
Went to the shops yesterday. I bought a new t-shirt and a beautiful cream rock port shirt. They were both in the mens department at winners, but they were both a size small. I know not like a womens small, but it said small on the label. The bathing suits well, I didn't have a show down but they were in a "click" in the corner of the store and they turned their backs on me when I went by. Catalogue shopping here I come, those suits aren't going to be good enough for me when the time comes. I've found a better "click" to hang out with anyway. They're bikini babes and they come from all over, they are :D
PHENONAMAL WOMEN.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann

Tama
Thu, Feb-07-02, 07:59
10lbs. Jo-Ann! That is awesome! :thup: There is definitely something about hitting the '10' mark that really makes you feel like you have accomplished something. Way to go! And going shopping for a reward - you are truly a woman after my own heart. There is no greater reward than new (smaller) clothes!

Keep it up everybody,
Tama

TF19310
Thu, Feb-07-02, 10:19
Still stuck at 121. I'm a size 6, which I know isn't bad, but when you've seen yourself at a size 4 for a long time and know you have the ability to get back to that, then naturally I'm going to want that size 4 butt back.

Ketostick is at TRACE. Have been drinking atleast 64oz plus a day which is an accomplishment for me.

I'm wondering about hidden carbs. I've given up the Carb Bars completely but these are the things that may/or may not prevent me from losing...

-my 20 oz. coffee w/ splenda and 3 creams
-Diet Pepsi
-very, very diluted w/ water Crystal Light
-Cant Believe It's not Butter (says 0 carbs on label)

Are all of those definite no-no's, or can we have that in some moderation? Maybe I should change my butter to REAL butter.

Thanks Bikini Babes; Appreciate your feedback.

sunshine2
Thu, Feb-07-02, 10:55
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TF19310
[Maybe I should change my butter to REAL butter.]

Yes, believe it or not, the real thing is the best. My opinion, take away that margarine and switch to the real stuff, taste better too. ;)

I have "heard" that diet pop can make you stall, so you might lay off that for awhile and see what you do, I think its the artificial sweetner stuff that is bad, not sure about the Crystal Light, but I bet it has it in there too.

Oh, what I wouldn't do to be a size 6, but I understand, you feel better at a size 4, so a size 4 you shall get. (even though I would be thrilled with a size 6). I think everyone deserves to be the size they feel best, and if size 4 is it, then go for it, we'll support you in all your efforts.

I hope I helped with some of your questions, but this is where you might have to do some tweaking with your menu. You'll have to cut some stuff out, and see what it does, or add some stuff in. Have you started a journal yet, under MY JOURNAL/BOOTCAMP? In there you can list your daily menu, or things like that and you will get lots of suggestions, support etc.

Glad you joined us.

PS JO-Ann - you go girl, that is awesome your first 10 pounds. woo-hooooooo.

TF19310
Thu, Feb-07-02, 14:32
I really appreciate your helpful hints.....Yes, I have joined the Journal/Boot Camp; posted under the 'T' section... I religiously post my meals and check it every morning and every evening just hoping that someone has responded so I can learn what I'm doing wrong and right. I get disappointed when there is no feedback to my questions in the Journal section, but I know there are a lot of us out there seeking support. I'm off tomorrow so I am planning to go to the gym first thing in the morning. I know that getting bk to my workout routine is the best thing to support my diet. (it's just finding the time as well as motivation in the cold weather)

Jkrohn
Thu, Feb-07-02, 15:02
Jo-ann Congrats Congrats :clap: :clap: 10 lbs that wonderful!! Keep it up!

Shannon, thanks a bunch for the leg tips. I will start them in the morning. See if I can still walk by afternoon. :)

Have I told you all lately that I love you? Well I do. I couldn't have gotten this far without my bikini babes behind me. The help and motivation I get from all of you is truly a blessing. THANKS!

I wish you all were closer so we could meet for a LC lunch or a workout at the gym. It's sometime easier to have someone around with the same goal. But, until I find other LC's in ND I will stay in the bikini club.

WE ARE IN CONTROL NOW! Lets make this summer an even more beautiful one..... one painted with all are nice bikini bods. :agree:

Take care all

Messy

sunshine2
Thu, Feb-07-02, 16:41
Oh Messy, I love you too.

If every I get to North Dakota, I will have to let you know.

Here is a funny story, speaking about you guys, the other day I was telling a person I work with about "my friend" who had lost weight on this WOE (Natruska) while she was on vacation (if you haven't done so, you'll have to read her journal and see some of her pics). After I told her that, I was thinking, I have never even met these people but I consider them my friends. Just goes to show you how you can build friendships in different kind of places.

Now I got a bunch of bikini babes wanna bees, and some that are there giving us wanna bees the inspiration to do just one more sit up, one more leg lift.

Heres something, I want to know, the minute any of you venture out and actually make that purchase for a bikini. Want details of how it looks, where you got it, how much, etc etc etc.

Okay, I'm fired up, going to go do some crunches.

Tama
Thu, Feb-07-02, 21:33
Yeah, I have to agree with you ladies, this place is pretty great. I still haven't got the nerve to actually purchase anything yet. Got a few more squats and lunges to do before I will feel up to that! But I will, and the day I do I will be sure and fill you in on all of the details! I did go shopping today, for new clothes. Messy, talking to you about treating yourself to new clothes made me restless to do the same! Ahhh, I feel better now with my new pants (smaller ones, of courses ;)) I think this will tide me over til my next purchase! (Hint, hint)

Hugs all, Tama

Cher
Thu, Feb-07-02, 22:45
Tama… Hey, I think your Bikini days are pretty close…nice stomach, arms (really, really, really a bad (and saggy) area for me) the butt thing was pretty funny…but, just think of how well your doing. I’m inspired by your success. You know what’s funny…I think I would pick the "Spinach and artichoke dip (legal) for the food I would like to eat everyday...I must be desparate to lose weight. :-) P.S., I think you should buy that bathing suit, that was just too funny!

Hi Agonycat! Wow! A belly button ring…OUCH sounds right to me…but, I bet it’s reaally cute…It’ll be perfect with your Bikini

Hi Heather :wave: and thanks for your welcome. I did read Shannon’s adventure’s at the gym…that was pretty funny… In fact, this whole thread is really fun and motivational. Shannon's out there working out – good for her! Do you know how difficult it was for me to be seen in public after gaining all that weight. I feel so much better now (and, I still have a long ways to go).
Good for you Shannon...Rock on!

Messy, You lost your boobs…mine are still soooooooo huge…I’m thinking about boob reduction surgery. How does that happen???? We will all have to meet somewhere in the middle of the country or at some beach one day. Wouldn’t that be fun! Imagine…all of us at our goal weight at the beach…watch out guys!

Atanqt…thanks for your hello…it is really appreciated! Hey you have snow in MI…that seems pretty fun to me. Of course, I’ve never been in a snow storm…but, even that with your DH, DB or SO and a fireplace seems pretty cool! You are doing so well…Wow! Actually everybody in this thread is doing incredible with their weight loss.

Sunshine… thanks for the congratulations on the 12.5 (notice…I had to add the .5…LOL) I’ll take every .5 that I can get :) Thanks for the encouragement and support…you know…you keep me going on the Valentine’s day challenge…I really appreciate that! So...I owe my 12.5 pounds to you. We still have another week...so, who knows what will happen???? You mentioned German Chocolate Pie…well, that just reminded me of my favorite cake…German Chocolate (Yumm) my aunt made it for me on my 8th birthday (shortly after she moved out here from Germany)…it’s been my favorite cake since! I'll have to find a low-carb version for my birthday in july...LOL

TF19310…Welcome…I crashed the "Bikini Babes" party too! It’s just way to fun! You are so close to your goal…how lucky! I’m like Sunshine…I want to be a size 6 again…I can’t wait! You can do this! By the way, trace is OK on the ketosticks…if you’re drinking the amount of water that you should be…trace is perfect. I think Sunshine mentioned that the darker purple usually means that your dehydrated. So, YaY you’re doing great!

(((((((((((((Jo Ann2)))))))))))))…WoW! 10 pounds is awesome! Way To Go! Congratulations on the size 12 jeans too! P.S., I can’t even imagine snow that goes up past your hip. Stay warm

Shannon…Wow! All I need to do is follow your workout routine and I should be (almost) ready by summer. Is there any way I could lose 30 pounds by then…LOL.

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Feb-08-02, 07:03
Cher I admire your ability to keep us all straight.
I'm just going to jump right in on some of the topics.
First my favourite food would be peanut buster parfait from Dairy Queen. I loved them as a kid and since I never really grew up, well you know, maybe I matured a bit but I am still a toys r us kid thru and thru.
Second the fake sugar stalls me badly, my body thinks it's going to get sugar and it must dump the insulin, which in turn makes my body wait for those carb's and forget about burning that fat.
Belly button rings, they look too sexy, I find that I'm wrinkly above my button now, it's not realy not toned it just looks like old lady skin. Any suggestions, I don't have the same problem belove the button though that's still nice and plump.
Buying new clothes in a smaller size is definitely a plus, now if I could just get a little style. Any suggestions for a magazine that would show appropriate clothing for someone who saw 35 a liitle while ago and can't pull off the Brittney look, not that I ever could.
Now back to the weather, guess what it's snowing again. We're only suppose to get another inch or two today though. Monday it's suppose to pour, ohhhhh can you say slush. I can hardly wait.
My parents left for Cancun this morning. I am so jealous, mom said she'ld trade 30 years and stay in N.S. and I could go, and I know that she means it.
Has anyone else noticed that when they start to lose again that they have a hard time staying asleep at night?
So what does everyone have planned for the weekend?
And last but not least do you really want that bikini girls? :hyper: :wiggle: :hyper:
Jo-Ann

sunshine2
Fri, Feb-08-02, 08:21
The scales say I'm back to 190.5 again. So I was happy this morning, not that 190.5 is something to cheer about, but I was getting down that the scales were going up.......So, maybe this weekend, I could break the 190's. If I do, you'll feel the earh move, you'll know it was me, jumping up and down because I finally got out of the 190's. Cross your fingers everyone.

JoAnn, I plan on doing a little shopping this weekend for some smaller clothes. I just can't wear the ones I have any longer. And I plan on doing my strenghth training frist thing Saturday, tan, and do a little more shopping for my Acapulco trip.

Cher - you da bomb!

Everyone else, have a great weekend (stay away from the forbiden foods ;) )

Bye all! :wave:

Jkrohn
Fri, Feb-08-02, 11:07
Jo-Ann thanks for the weather I think you sent it all the way to North Dakota. It's freezing rain here supposed to get 2 inches of fresh snow tonight and another 8-10 inches tomorrow with 30-40 mile/hour winds. :thdown: Will be sure to get huge drifts. Good thing I have a good shovel. I'll tone my back one way or another! :)

Sunshine2 190 is totally something to jump at!! I would kill to be 190. That is a great feat! Keep up the good work! :roll:

No bikini shopping for me yet, it's do damn cold! I wander the department store purposely avoiding that section. Trying with all my might to avoid eye contact with the dreaded suit. I'll stick to the jeans and sweaters thank you. One day though.......it won't know what hit her (the bikini that is).

Well, off for my lunch hour walk. My office is attached to the mall so I get a nice place to walk in the winter. Once it gets nicer I will venture outside to walk but for now the mall will do. It really breaks up the day nicely. I power walk in the am with weights and toning then at lunch I do a brisk walk to keep my energy up but not hard enough to sweat to much. Don't want to stink when I get back to work. :D

Have a wonderful weekend all. Talk to you Monday. Stay strong!

Bikini bods here we come..................

Messy

Tama
Fri, Feb-08-02, 11:31
Hello all! Planning a pretty quiet weekend myself, not much going on (thank goodness).

Have a bit of good news to report. After all of that ranting and raving about how awful my backside is looking, my hubby insisted that I was being too critical and I have lost weight back there, and he told me to measure myself to see. I last measured at the first of Jan., and here's where I am-

Bust - 36" down 1"
Waist - 27.5" down 1.5"
Hips - 40" down 2"

So I guess progress is being made after all. It's just so icky looking with the cellulite thing back there, you know? Does it ever go away??

Hugs all, Tama

Jkrohn
Fri, Feb-08-02, 14:08
Yes Tama it does go away...or rather it gets better. Just the other day my hubby mentioned something to the fact that my rear view was "smoothing over". Smoothing over? what the heck did that mean I wondered. So, instead of asking him I stripped down and ran into the bathroom for a look. Sure enough the cottage cheese ass (excuse my foul mouth) was getting so much smoother. Oh the dimples are still there believe me but they are much much smaller. I attribute that to the almost 30 pound and the extra walking. Toning the lower body really helps speed up the process.

Congrats to you! That's 4.5 inches lost! That's wonderful!!!! Keep up the good work.

Nail question. Does anyone else notice their nails getting weaker? Since I started LC'ing I can't keep my nails up to save my life........ Not sure what's going on I thought with the added protein in my diet they would get better but no luck. Anyone tried anything that really works???? That bikini bod won't look quite finished without my hot polished nails.

Off and running again phones ringing.......Take care and stay positive!

Messy

sunshine2
Fri, Feb-08-02, 14:18
Atanqt - where you been? You haven't abandoned the bikini babes have you? Just checking up on you.

Shannon - where are you? Just think, you started all this. lol. Hope your doing okay.

TF - I went and peeked at your journal, and plan on reading it some more, your menu looks pretty good, the only thing I thought when reading it was "where's the vegies" ha ha, I guess I'm just a vegie person. Anyhow, will read more and add a post on your journal.

Tama - I'm sure they will go away, the more toning you do, I have noticed mine disappearing as well, I also use Jergins body lotion with a firming gel in it, don't know if its my exercise or the lotion or a comb of both, but they are slllooooooly disappearing. Look at you go girl, 4 1/2 inches, and to think we were feeling sorry for you and the booty. Congratulations are in order!

Messy - I actually wear the fake nails, I hate keeping my own nails up, so I just have them done ever two to three weeks. But most people rant and rave about how much stronger their nails are. You might have to go to the information board, and do a little research on that, but I'm sure there is some kind of supliment you might need to take to help them out. Your right, we must, a new body with a hot bikini just wouldn't be the same without some hot looking nails to go with it (toe nails too - bought me a toe ring just for that purpose ;) )

Cher - I can't wait to see your stats next week! At the rate your going, your going to hit 15 by Valentines day instead of our 10 pound challenge! We'll have to start a new one after Valentines day.

Jo-Ann - to answer your question about losing weight and sleeping, funny you mentioned that. But I cannot go to sleep these days until around midnight, and wake up full of energy around 6 am. I used to be dead by 10 pm, last night didn't go to bed until 1 am, strange.

Heather - have a great weekend, okay. Hope studying is not getting you too busy for us bikini babes. I posted in your journal earlier I believe. The days are running together these days.

Agonycat - where have you been? You out shopping for a new bikini? I've seen your picture in the success stories, so I know you are ready for one! ;)

Whew, the bikini babe list is getting longer and longer, hope I didn't miss anyone. :confused:

Well, I'm headed to workout, then to tan, then home for a shower, and hubby and I are having a hot date tonight. Kids are staying the night with the grandparents, so I think it will be a long evening for hubby and I. :D

Jkrohn
Fri, Feb-08-02, 14:34
ok ladies I know I've been chatty today but I just had to jump back on and tell you I lost a chin!!!!

I'm at work ran to the ladies room (lots of water I've been drinking) and as I was washing my hands I was loooking in the mirror and it hit me like a ton of bricks I only have 1 chin!!!!!! :hyper:

I can't remember the last time I only had 1 chin.

Sorry just had to share my excitement. I'm sure some of you may have heard me squeal. What a boost! I'm ready to tackle any gremlin I may encounter this weekend.

WOOHOOO!!!!!! Happy Friday!

Messy

Tama
Fri, Feb-08-02, 14:49
Messy, that is so awesome! Good for you! There is truly no better feeling in the world than looking in the mirror and thinking, "Now where did that body part go?" and realizing that it has just shrunk away!
I just finished watching one of those "personal stories" on the Discovery channel, where a woman paid thousands and thousands of dollars just to have her extra chin liposuctioned away. If only she could have been as disciplined as you, it would have been a lot cheaper for her... and a lot safer!

About the nails, I have always had weak, thin nails and this woe has not improved them, unfortunately. I love acrylic nails, but the upkeep is pointless, with chasing my munchkins around all day. So I resort to a strengthening complex. I get mine from Avon, but I have seen them everywhere. The one I use is called "length and strength complex" and it has all kinds of vitamins and conditioners and even diamond dust in it. Except when I had fake ones, my nails never looked better.

Have a great one,
Tama

KarenB
Fri, Feb-08-02, 17:49
I know JUST what you mean!

It hit me a couple of months back that mine was gone too! I was looking in the mirror and kinda blinked... There was only one chin there! I even got out my DL, the pic for which was taken when I weighed nearly 280lbs--and OMG, there were at *least* THREE chins there. Then I looked at a pic taken of me last May (at the end of the month, so nearly 2 months into my LC WOL), and there were only *two*... and now there's just the ONE I'm supposed to have!

And I have collarbones, too.... :D

sunshine2
Fri, Feb-08-02, 17:55
Wow Karen, you have done awesome too. Look at your stats. I'm impressed. I tell you, it is an amazing feeling when bones start popping out, or chins start appearing.

The other night, my husband told me he feels bones on my that he hasn't felt in years, he even called me "ribsy" because he could see a few of my rib bones. Never, I mean Never, have I noticed my rib bones, but I got up, looked in the mirror, and there they were, couldn't believe it. I do have ribs.

Now, if I could just see that six pack. (boy aren't we hard to please) LOL.

KarenB
Fri, Feb-08-02, 18:01
But I never expected to SEE mine!!! :lol:

I told you about my honey (well--ex-honey, now) who joked with me about finding my hip bones... Last weekend the *other* honey and I were cuddling, and she mentioned that when she had put her arm around me she felt *bones*! We had a good laugh over that. I have never been this thin in the time she's known me; when we met I was pregnant. :D

She calls me "skinny chick" now. I can get used to that, I think.

Cher
Fri, Feb-08-02, 22:53
((((((Tama)))))))Wow! 4.5 inches is great! Congratulations on such a succesfull measurement day :doah: Did i say that right???? Anyway 2" off the hip is Totally awesome! WTG Tama

Messy...that is so wierd (the nail thing). My nails are usually very weak but, they are so strong and long now. However, I've had a lot of hair falling out...so, I added a bunch of hair supplements and it changed my nails (LOL).
Oh well...hopefully your nails will get stronger and my hair will stop falling out!
P.S....my chin looks a lot better too (thank goodness) but my rear still needs some smoothing over...LOL...nothing that 30 more pounds and lots of weight lifting won't take care of... :daze:

Sunshine...hi ribsy...(that's so cute)! Ok...I'm up for another challenge after Valentine's day...boy, you just keep keeing me in line....I'm gonna be skinny (in a bikini) this summer cause of YOU! You're my personal motivator. YOU ROCK!!!!!!

KarenB...oh I can't wait till Dh calls me a "Skinny Chick" I'll be so happy!

Have a great LC weekend Bikini Babes....

liddle
Sat, Feb-09-02, 08:16
Hello ladies,
Messy, I know what you mean about the nails. They can only get so long, and before I know it, they're all breaking. I just can't do fake nails. I got them for my wedding almost 9 yrs. ago.(2/14) The day after one popped off while making the bed and another after pushing down the toaster button. I decided then, they just weren't for me. Oh and congrats on getting rid of the extra chin!!! I think that is one of the best feelings in the world. To look in the mirror and finally recognize myself. I love my chin!!!!!!! My one and only chin!!!!!!!

Cher, you could make a wig with all the hair that falls out of my head. :eek: It's really getting bad. My hair is down to the middle of my back and I would never even consider getting it cut until now. My daughter and I are growing our hair out to make a wig for a child with cancer, (Locks of Love) and my hubby wont let me do it until even after it's cut I'll still be long. But anyway this whole loosing the hair thing is driving me crazy!!!!!!! You must tell me what supplements you are using and where you got them!

Must get going, gotta do my work out before my son's karate class. I'm a parent helper so I get to learn for free! :D LOVE IT!!!

Later ladies,
Heather

Danielle
Sat, Feb-09-02, 12:29
Hi Everyone-

I am glad to see everyone is doing well. I haven''t been able to write lately b/c I was sick. And the good news is my sister had a baby boy.

I finally reached my 20lb. mark :p Although sometimes i feel the same as before I started this WOL. My problem areas are around my stomach, thighs and hips. Basically my whole mid section. I hate it. I do get excited when my fat clothes are loose. My next goal is to be a size 12.

Keep up the good work. :D

Danielle

liddle
Sat, Feb-09-02, 14:08
Danielle,
Glad to hear you're feeling better. Congrats on being an aunt. All the fun of having a kid with out all the work! ;)
Way to go on hitting your 20lbs. mark! That is way cool! :cool:
Keep your eye on the prize, or in our case,the bikini, and you'll be at goal in no time!

Take care,
Heather

goingfor60
Sat, Feb-09-02, 18:59
I went to a party last night and why oh why did I have to be such a party girl.

I started my night with LC lasagne at home and was very happy with that so I wouldnt eat at the party. I hadnt planned on drinking either so I offered to be the designated driver. I walked in the door and was handed a watermelon martini (whats a girl to do?) So 30 minutes and 2 martini's later I started in on the tomato basil and mozzerella salad, chili dip w/fritos and shrimp.

As the night and my martini's progressed I realized in my drunken state that I was the designated driver and more hammered than the people I brought. So yet again "whats a girl to do" I needed to sober up quickly to drive and not kill myself or anyone else. I had 2 glasses of water, 2 cups of coffee no sweet n low,equal or splenda. I used sugar and cream and then I still needed something else so I went looking for bread or crackers and there werent any. That left the chocolate pudding cake one of my friends brought, so yeah I had a slice not big but still.

the host of the party told me that I am expected to flaunt my new bikini body this summer at their new pool. Of course I looked down and then realized I must have had 300g of carbs in a 4 hour period. Thats when it hit me, 1- I was sober and 2- realizing what I fool I had been to drink and then it really hit me that I was jeopordizing my bikini by eating crap.

Good grief what have I done! I forgot about pool parties... I havent been to one of those in years. thats for the thin girls in bikini's. Hey could that really be me by summer? It better be but just think I got an invitation - thats kinda cool.

So here is my summation to this novella - drinking can lead to nibbling and that can lead to eating carbs so watch out stick to the plan of bikini and stay strong. I unfortunately was very very weak.

Shannon

Tama
Sun, Feb-10-02, 08:09
Hey, Shannon. Don't sweat it, girl. We have all been there. We all have lapses and we are all human. My biggest problem is not beating myself up and getting discouraged afterwards. Which leads to more eating and more beating myself up, and on and on.

You didn't blow your bikini, you just had a bad night like we all do. You are obviously committed to this plan, and I know you will be back on track and back in the gym in no time! You are one of the most motivated people here, I have noticed. So just keep the chin up and your eye on the bikini!!

Hugs, Tama

Jo-Ann 2
Sun, Feb-10-02, 09:52
Hi everyone. I have never been really good at following more than one conversation at a time, so I going to try to talk to everyone over a couple of days. Heather locks for love is a admirable thing for you to do. Do you have anyone that has suffered through hair loss due to illness or have you others reasons for your generousity? Danielle a boy how wonderful and the 20 lbs I'm so jealous, that size 12 can only be a few pounds away, you go girl. Tama your right about Shanno being our motivator.
Now Shannon, lets talk. Alcohol has gremlins in it. They are hiding so you don't see them. They hide behind the ice cubes and they come in group. I have had to give up a lot of things that set me off. Plus it's so easy to get "over" with just 1 or 2 drinks. It definitely gets you into trouble, I went out the other day to the yacht club and had two glasses of water instead of a rum and water, that way, I got water in, that I might not have drank other wise.
The invitation to the pool party, wow. Now if that isn't incentive I don't know what would be. You are one of the main reasons we all keep coming back to this thread. If you can do it, we all feel that we can do it. It's not all bad to have fallen off the wagon, you learned a lesson that we can all learn from. What are you going to eat today kid.
I realized something as I was reading other threads yesterday :idea: I was not eating enough. What I was doing is what I always use to do. When I stalled I stopped eating. :idea: Setting myself up again like I use to. It's amazing how we go back to what worked for us in the past and since you're truely not hungry on the WOL it was easy. So I upped the calories yesterday, cooked up lots of beef, chicken, bacon and made a quiche. I hope to get back on track. Has anyone else done this by mistake?
Jo-Ann :wave: