PDA

View Full Version : The National Weight Control Registry

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bkloots
Wed, Nov-30-05, 07:58
This year marks my fifth anniversary as a participant in the National Weight Control Registry. To learn more about this unique, long-term study of successful "losers," click here:

http://www.NWCR.ws

I'm posting to encourage you, as successful low-carbers, to join this study. If you've lost at least 30 lb. and maintained that loss for at least one year, you may qualify.

Originally, I lost 50 lbs. on a low-cal/low-fat diet. Unfortunately, after a few years, I slowly regained 20 lbs. That's when I turned to Atkins as my ongoing, lifetime key to weight maintenance.

Although current statistics on the NWCR reflect a high percentage of low-cal/low-fat success, I'm confident that in time, low-carb eating will also begin revealing itself as a significant strategy for many of us. Your participation will help that statistical pool to grow and be noticed.

The two most important strategies noted by NCWR:
--consistency (including some form of accountability, like a food diary or regular weigh-ins)
--exercise

Congratulations on your Pre-maintenance/Maintenance achievement! Please add your experience to the study.

P. S. Not incidentally, being a participant in the NWCR study is yet another incentive for me to stay on-plan. I don't want to be one of those invisible drop-outs. And even if I gain some weight, for whatever reason, I hope to be faithful to the study. That's what it's for!

Qmass
Wed, Nov-30-05, 09:04
great suggestion! if I really keep my weight off for a year, I'll definitely consider it.

ItsTheWooo
Sat, Dec-03-05, 00:00
In the registry,
about to mail out my info packet tomorrow :)