PDA

View Full Version : Mood log, or something like it?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

4beans4me
Tue, Feb-22-05, 09:26
Would it be possible to add a daily 100 character log in MyPlan to record mood/stressors? I know the journals serve this purpose, but for those of us w/out one, or for those who would like to keep that info private, this option would be helpful. :)

DaddioM
Tue, Feb-22-05, 09:36
Would it be possible to add a daily 100 character log in MyPlan to record mood/stressors? I know the journals serve this purpose, but for those of us w/out one, or for those who would like to keep that info private, this option would be helpful. :) I second this opinion!:)

tamarian
Tue, Feb-22-05, 09:39
Not sure if a text field is the best way to do this.

Sounds like a selection list of mood icons (and others) might be more appropriate. Let's list the different moods/stressors one may want to enter, and see if it can done through selecting an icon, or a couple of icons.

If we can capture the variety in a group of icons, it would be great, as it can be displayed in the monthly calendar, and you can see it easily in a quick glance...

Let's think it out loud here, and see how we can make this work.

Moods should be easy, as many journal sites do with smilies (happy, sad, upset, angry, etc..)

Wa'il

4beans4me
Tue, Feb-22-05, 09:53
Well, I think one icon that should be included for sure is something indicating stress. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-017.gif

DaddioM
Tue, Feb-22-05, 10:14
Wa'il I was kinda hoping with the text field I could use it for the journaling of private stuff that I talked about earlier.. unless you've got a way to make a portion of our journals private. I suggested an invisible font before, but maybe being able to make a post private would work too if that is possible.

Mike

tamarian
Tue, Feb-22-05, 10:32
Wa'il I was kinda hoping with the text field I could use it for the journaling of private stuff that I talked about earlier.. unless you've got a way to make a portion of our journals private. I suggested an invisible font before, but maybe being able to make a post private would work too if that is possible.

I didn't forget your earler suggestion :)

I'll think more about it and what's the best way to go about it.

But I think both methods might be worthwhile. An optional icon or two to summarize the mood/impression of the day, and a "notes" feature to allow members to make optional comments on their daily intake, workouts, or general dailly comments. An option to allow comments to be private, or visible.

I'll add it to my to-do list.

Wa'il

DaddioM
Wed, Feb-23-05, 22:25
I didn't forget your earler suggestion :)

I'll think more about it and what's the best way to go about it.

But I think both methods might be worthwhile. An optional icon or two to summarize the mood/impression of the day, and a "notes" feature to allow members to make optional comments on their daily intake, workouts, or general dailly comments. An option to allow comments to be private, or visible.

I'll add it to my to-do list.

Wa'il
Thanks Wa'il! That would be great.. the icons could be the normal forum smilies I guess.. there are a lot of expressions there, and recently I probably could have used just about ALL of them:rolleyes: . The notes feature would satisfy my need for a place to put more private thoughts. The bigger the better from my perspective....but right now no matter HOW big you made it.. I think I could fill it.

Haven't felt much like posting the last few days, but if I do start posting again.. I prefer the posts to be more encouraging and saving most of the darkness for something more private.

If I haven't ever told you, thanks so much for this forum, it's made a HUGE impact on my life.

Mike

tamarian
Fri, Feb-25-05, 12:37
O.k. guys, come and get it :)

Wa'il