PDA

View Full Version : Binge Drinking

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

steverich
Fri, Oct-12-01, 08:05
I have recently started the low-carb diet and things are not going to bad so far, however I have beer festival coming up soon and would like to down lots of beers.

Has anyone done this?
Is it advisable to do this?

Should I or should I just stick to my diet coke?

Natrushka
Fri, Oct-12-01, 08:22
Originally posted by steverich
Is it advisable to do this?

No. I'd hazard that it's not advisable to do this regardless of your WOE. The choice is yours, just as is the choice of everything else you put in your mouth. Beer has carbs, Beer is alcohol which your body will burn before it burns carbs or stored fat and which will lower your inhibitions and make it more likely that you'll eat something you shouldnt. Alcohol will dehydrate you. Advisable? No.

Nat

numberonewendy
Fri, Oct-12-01, 08:31
Not advisable of course. Yet at the same time. I have gone out and drank a couple of jugs of beer with friends.

Don't lose weight of course and drink lots of water after.

Like Nat says, up to you my friend.

madpiano
Fri, Oct-19-01, 20:13
Beer Festival ? London ? When ? Where ? How ???

;)

numberonewendy
Fri, Oct-19-01, 21:22
Beer Festival ? London ? When ? Where ? How ???

When? They didn't say did they :confused:

Where? UK...guess it will take time to find out where eh?

How? Well, you put beer in the glass, then put it up to your mouth....open your throat............LOL

LOL....Couldn't help myself girl......I'm too funny tonight.....LOL

Have a good weekend :D

fiona
Sat, Oct-20-01, 03:55
Wendy ROFL - u r so right too! That's how easy it is to get started ... much easier to carry on ... not so easy to turn back the clock the next day when your world is falling apart around you!!

Thanks for the giggle!

Sabine - you have great self-discipline but might it be better not to know when and where?
Take care.

madpiano
Sat, Oct-20-01, 05:27
Hey, I am from Bavaria :D Anything to do with Beer Festivals and I am interested ! :D Normally the beer festivals here are organized by Holsten ( this is a Pils Brewery from Hamburg, Prussia !!) or by Ale Companies ( warm beer Urgh :eek: ), so I would be intersted to know, if there really is a real beer festival here. :)

Have a nice day

Greetings
Sabine