PDA

View Full Version : Norma June -where are you?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joyce Pari
Mon, Aug-20-01, 16:28
I hope you spot this.I have no way of finding you in bootcamp.I looked under members but you are probably using a different title or name.I couldn't find you.I would like to know what the carb count is for your French Toast & syrup recipe in the recipe section.Thank you.

Sharon
Mon, Aug-20-01, 17:26
Hi Joyce, I'm not Norma June (obviously), but just in case Norm June can't back right now, thought I'd look at the carb count for you. (Norma June, if you come up with something different, please let us know).

French Toast

2 Eggs - 1.2 carbs

1/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream - 1.8 carbs

2 pkgs. Equal or Splenda (Equal = 1.8 carbs)

Cinnamon to taste - 1 ?? probably less

1/2 of a 3 oz. bag Pork rinds (my books says 0)

Total Carbs - 5.8 approx.

I also make these and Norma June is right, they are good. This is enough for two people.

I'm not sure which syrup recipe you were looking at. I usually use a purchased syrup. I know Atkins make one (I'm out right now and didn't keep the container for the counts). I know it's very low in carbs and tastes good. E.D. Smith make a No Sugar Added syrup, but it's 7.4 carbs per tbsp. serving, which isn't very low in carbs.

Perhaps when Norma June comes online she can give you more information.

Hope this helps for now.

Joyce Pari
Mon, Aug-20-01, 20:59
Thank you SO-MUCH for doing the carb count on Norma-June's french toast recipe.She makes note that she uses creamed butter and maple extract for the syrup.

So wouldn't her syrup be less carbs than Atkins?Logically?? Atkins brand must be expensive if he uses a sugar sub in place of reg sugar?There isn't anything elce he could use is there?Does it look like syrup?

I bought some real maple extract and I am going to try Norma-June's in the A.M.I'll let you know what I think.Joyce:cool: