PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a recipe for something with a more milk chocolate taste?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jenniferpa
Thu, Aug-16-01, 06:08
I've tried a number of different recipes but they all end up with a more "dark" chocolate taste (not that I'm complaining, they're yummy). However, my son has asked me to find a recipe that's more milk chocolate in flavour. Something along the lines of a truffle or fudge would be great.

Thanks in advance

Jay

Bonnie
Thu, Aug-16-01, 10:31
This recipe was posted to another board and thought I would try it. Me being a milk chocolate lover, I have to say this is absolutely heaven to any chocoholic.....here goes...

Crust:

2 cups combination pecan meal (finely ground pecans)and almond flour
4 TBS. softened butter or proper amount when blended into flours with a fork to make the crust stick together.
3 TBS. Splenda

Preheat Oven to 350 degress. Mix together and press into a 9 inch pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes constantly watching so crust does not burn. Cool completely before making and adding filling.

Filling:

1 pk. sugar free chocolate pudding mix.
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
1 8 oz pkge. cream cheese softened.

I added the filling ingredients to a food processor and adjusted the
water until I had a thick creamy mixture. Spread filling onto a
cooled crust.

Topping:

1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds ( I spread the almonds on a pan under the broiler until they were lightly browned).
1/2 Ross' chocolate bar nuked in the microwave 3 minutes power level 1 until it becomes a creamy liquid mixture. I used Coconut Delight but any variety would do.

Arrange toasted almonds evenly over top of pie, drizzle melted
chocolate over top, refrigerate pie until set and enjoy.

Each serving 5.5 carbs.

**** To cut down on the carbs per serving one could serve in pudding cups and omit the crust.

Bonnie

Sharon
Thu, Aug-16-01, 14:40
This is one of my favourite lowcarb chocolate recipes. If you are a person who doesn't like tofu (toe food, as Rachel says), you honestly wouldn't know that this has any tofu in it.

I wouldn't hesitate to make this for high carb company!!

http://www.lowcarber.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6534

LCasa90125
Sat, Sep-08-01, 12:20
I beat (with a mixer) whole cream into melted us bakers chocolate, butter, and almond butter (or peanut butter) with splenda or sugar twin for sweetener)... the whole cream fluffs everything up and makes the chocolate much more lighter. Yummy!

Shonnee
Wed, Oct-17-01, 12:54
This one is real easy and taste like mouse.
I take one container of Cool Whip and mix in one package of sugar free Jello and refregerate and serve. Great for my daughter who I like to keep her sweets down to a minimum.

Shondel

Sharon
Wed, Oct-17-01, 15:55
Shonnee, I'm not sure if you're eating this, but doing low carb you've be better to use Real Whipped Cream. We've have this discussion before about Cool Whip.

There are 4.0 carbs in a 60 ml serving (4 tbsp)

Also check out the ingredients:

Water, Corn syrup, 22% partially hydrogenated and modified coconut and palm kernel oils (may contain palm oil or monoglyceride citratel), sodium caseinate, guar gum, polysorbate 60, sorbitan monostearate, xanthan gum, artifical and natural flavour, colour.