PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a Low Carb Shake Recipe

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

eebee
Sat, Aug-11-01, 02:27
We cant get the Atkins products here and so I am looking for a low carb shake recipe. Does anyone have one ? Also is there any home made substitute for protein bars? Thanks

Bonnie
Sat, Aug-11-01, 04:33
Eebee,

Found this recipe for the shake, I think I would substitute the milk for cream to lower the carbs, have also posted a recipe for homemade protein bars under LC Kitchen Forum...if you do make these recipes give us a review...

Bonnie

Butterfinger Shake
1/3 cup half-and-half
1/3 cup milk
1 Tblsp. cream cheese (or more)
1--2 scoops chocolate whey powder
1 Tblsp. natural peanut butter
1 tsp. cocoa
3-4 pkts. Splenda (or other sweetener)
5-6 ice cubes

Put the above in blender and whir till smooth. If the cubes don't enter the blade as they should, turn off the blender and poke them down several times as you pulse

MsBryana
Mon, Oct-01-01, 07:11
You mentioned Atkins products in your original post.
The simplest recipe I've run across -- for a really yummy and satisfying dessert -- is making a mousse. It's easy and literally whips up in short minutes.

Ingredients:
1 scoop Atkins Protein Shake Powder
(either Chocolate or Cappuccino are my favorite)
1/2 c. Heavy Cream

If desired, you can add additional sweetener (like Sucralose or one of the sugar-free flavored syrups)

With a whisk, whip the Protein shake powder into the heavy cream until well mixed and it begins to thicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

That's **it**

Bryana

eebee
Mon, Oct-01-01, 23:28
Bonnie thanks for the recipe-I have only just found it sorry not to respond sooner. It sounds good and I will aslo try the bar and post results. :)

Also the cream and protein mousse sounds nice and easy. Thanks MSBryana