PDA

View Full Version : Former Atkins people please respond

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sophotia
Fri, Sep-19-03, 14:19
I was wondering for those of you who started w/Atkins do U find this plan helps more with consistant weight loss?

I am someone who seems to stall a lot on Atkins and I wondered if it was the plan or just me.

Would love to hear from you all.

Thanx,

Jaden
Fri, Sep-19-03, 15:35
I am having alot better luck with CAD on Atkins I was stalled most of the time.. Cad seems to be slow and steady. I wish it could be faster but thats my own fault for not adding excercise.

Signey
Fri, Sep-19-03, 16:56
Hi Sophotia,
I was on Protein Power and then switched to CAD. My experience with CAD is a slow one. It was slow with the other plans too. :rolleyes: That has more to do with my age and the medications I need to take. I am resigned to slow.
Do you know if you are a Carb Addict? Have you taken the test for this yet? The thing about being an addict is that your system is not going to do really well on any plan (other than CAD) because of insulin release. You release insulin on Atkins pretty constantly if you are snacking pretty constantly. If you are an addict, you release more insulin then is normal and the snacks are hoarded instead of flushed. That equals a stall or very slow loss.
If you know already that you are an addict then you should try CAD and see how you feel. For most of us, the relief at not "needing" to eat all of the time is fantastic and the Reward Meal helps us cope with a long term change in eating habits.
If you are losing slowly anyway, give CAD a try. You might still lose slowly but you will have the happy addition of a Reward Meal (which is really nice with the holidays coming up). :thup:
Good luck and let us know what you decide. :)

IthinkIcan
Fri, Sep-19-03, 17:38
Hi Sophotia,

I am former Atkins but only been on CAD for 4 days. As Signey stated so perfectly, I was one of those having a prob with the insulin releases and it was not just stalling and causing a gain at the end, it was making me very sickly.
I am learning more about myself and this woe everyday, so I don't have any valuable experience to give other than....... so far, CAD has been an answer for me. Suggestion is however, read some of these CADettes wonderful journals. I spent hours and hours of reading enjoyment before I made the choice to switch. I still spend time reading them, just noticed I need to start on Signey's. I think there is valuable information from their journeys thus far and additionally, its pleasurable to learn more about them as they tell it each day.

My best to you!

BeccaResRN
Sat, Sep-20-03, 01:53
Well myself As long as I followed Atkins perfectly and kept my carbs around 20 i lost well...i also didn't eat as often as he suggests so it was more like CAD in that aspect...I will tell you however when I started cheating it was teriable I felt bad and was gaining and couldn't seem to get back on track.

On CAD the benifits I have found have been more than weight loss...It is weight loss with enjoyment of things I missed so much on Atkins. It is having dinner with my family. It is not having cravings and feeling out of control.

And for me it is the firts time in my life I have been able to maintain my weight loss. i got to goal on Atkins a few years ago but once I reached it I could not keep it up.

Anyway my 2 cents worth good luck :)