PDA

View Full Version : What is CAD's web site address??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

honeybfly
Wed, Sep-10-03, 08:54
I read CAD's book already, but not the latest one. Can somebody give me the web site address?

Zuleikaa
Wed, Sep-10-03, 09:20
Not any difference from the old except the emphasis on balance.

Jalera2003
Wed, Sep-10-03, 10:22
This is the website http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com/, but I didn't find much information of note there.

kokle
Thu, Sep-11-03, 02:54
The Heller's don't really tell you much, as they want you to buy the books.

The FAQ's might be interesting.

The "Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program" is a bit different than the CAD. CMs and CSs are allowed. Food quantity is not limiited, but they advise you eat a normal portion and go back for more food if you need it. There is a great deal of emphasis on a balanced RM, completing the RM within an hour, drink plenty of water. They advise staying away from chewing gums, as the flavor signals the body to expect sugar. They also advise that sugar substitutes could trigger an insulin response. They suggest that alcoholic beverages be treated as carbs. They say that soy beans, soy sauce, soybean paste, tofu, tempeh can increase hunger, cause cravings and reduce one's weight loss. The same reactions can occur from MSG, which can be "hidden" in many foods.