PDA

View Full Version : Muscles?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JACQUIE UK
Sat, Aug-30-03, 02:05
Hi
Just wondered how many people put on muscle weight when they started exercising?
I went to the gym twice this week and did really hard work outs both times, only to find that my weight has gone up 2 lbs!!
Im kind of down about it! Will my weight keep going up if I keep going to the gym or should it stablise!!
I do want to be fitter, but not heavier!!
Inspiration needed, pleeeeeeese!!
Jacquie

Tess M
Sat, Aug-30-03, 04:11
Hi Jacque--I think the muscle building is a big part of the slow weight loss (at least for me).. Of course, there are other reasons too--age, meds, the cake/ice cream that I have almost every rm... :lol: But--at some point, that muscle will start helping you to burn fat. And--you will be losing inches even if you aren't losing weight. I just make myself view it as a plus--even with the slower loss. I'd rather have a leaner, more muscular figure, than a smaller and lighter but flabbier figure. It might just take us longer to get to goal this way...

Zuleikaa
Sat, Aug-30-03, 05:43
Muscle weighs more than fat and takes up less room. Don't worry about it. I'm sure you needed the muscle, your body will be smaller but stronger and, as Tess said, at some point additional pounds will go. This is a transition phase.

Think of it this way. For every pound of muscle you build, you've lost fat. If you keep exercising, your weight might stabilize for a while but you will still be losing fat. And then the weight will go down to.

kokle
Sat, Aug-30-03, 09:20
Check your measurements and see if they have gone down. Then you know you are losing fat and gaining muscle.

JACQUIE UK
Mon, Sep-08-03, 13:31
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Im sure at some point I will stop gaining muscle!!
Ha ha!!
Jacquie