PDA

View Full Version : Am I losing too fast? or is there such a thing..

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Saweetie
Sun, Aug-17-03, 11:34
Hey guys...

I am just getting a little concernced....
Started back to CAD on August 14th the scale showed me weighing in ~ 282.5 today August 17th I stepped on and I am 276.5...thats 6 pds in 4 days.... I know I have to average the weights out if I am doing it properly but still when I was on Cad before I didn't lose a pound a day...

I have been following very strict this time...maybe that is the reason for the quickness?? Or perhaps I'll hit the wall tomorrow and not lose anything??

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced such rapid losses....

Talk to you later (I hope)
Carleen

Zuleikaa
Sun, Aug-17-03, 12:42
Might also be rapid weight loss coming off a binge. Carbs hold water. So this might be a combo of water and fat. I wouldn't worry about it right now!!

Vel
Sun, Aug-17-03, 20:04
I wouldn't worry about it either! I went from 328 to 318.5 during my first week of CAD (oh, how I would love to have those results back again!)

Fat, water, whatever, enjoy :)

Tracy

Saweetie
Sun, Aug-17-03, 21:59
Thanks guys....

your all super!!

We'll see how the next few days goes!

JeannieF
Mon, Aug-18-03, 10:39
Carleen:
I agree. Water and fat, probably. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and don't get discouraged when it slows down as it likely will soon.

What a great problem to have!
Jeannie

Saweetie
Mon, Aug-18-03, 23:53
I spoke to soon...the scale hit a slow point today!!

Anyways i'll keep on truckin..

kokle
Tue, Aug-19-03, 07:02
When I did CAD back in 2000, I lost 45-50 pounds the first month and 50-55 pounds in the 11 months after.

This time, it's not so fast.