PDA

View Full Version : Confused & Have questions???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kish
Wed, Aug-13-03, 11:44
I'm interested in finding out more information about CALP/CAD. I'm currently on Atkins and have lost 35lbs but it's hard for me too stay on track. My questions are:

1. What is the differents from Atkins vs CAD?
2. Do the weight come off faster?
3. Are there several different phases?
4. How does CAD work?

Thank you in advance.

-K

lowco
Wed, Aug-13-03, 18:33
1. All foods are allowed on CAD...Some at least once a day
2. No. It is a slow weight loss, but permantant once a commitment is made to CAD
3.No. Maintaining on CAD is not vague like other plans. The same rules apply. If weightloss slows down you continue your plan. It weightloss continues after reaching goal, add more crave reducing veggies to a CM.
4.READ THE BOOK.Excess insulin cause cravings, weight gain etc. lowering secreations of insulin may reverse the side effects of excess insulin. The body is tricked into secreating less insulin during rm because of the 2 or less lc meal earlier. Even though a cader eats 20g per day and eats foods that trigger insulin secretion his sucess will be limited because of insulin surges. CAD is not like atkins, NOT ALL LOW CARB FOODS ARE CREATED ALIKE!!!!!!But please get the book. I read it over and over for motivation.