PDA

View Full Version : Will you feel sick if you switch from Atkins to Cad?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

debmarjs
Fri, Jul-11-03, 11:26
I was thinking of switching over to cad,I would like to lose 10 more pounds and my weight keeps bouncing up and down on Atkins. I also am having a hard time counting carbs and I would rather just worry about carbs once a day. I was wondering if I switched over( I am taking in 50 grams of carb a day now)would I feel sick?

Zuleikaa
Fri, Jul-11-03, 11:34
No but you might have to go through some withdrawal symtoms as you come off a higher level of carbs. You will also have to look out for any foods you are allergic/sensitive to a RM, i.e. wheat, dairy, sugar, peppers, etc. If allergen foods get into your diet they can cause naseau, headaches, stomach aches, dizzyness, bloating, and cravings.

You would also have to follow CAD exactly with only CAD allowed foods at CMs. CAD is not Atkins with a RM!! There are lc foods that are allowed on Atkins that are not allowed at CAD CMs.

Have you taken the Carbohydrate Addicts' Test? CAD is really only for CAs. It might not suit you if you are not a CA.

DDMariana
Sat, Jul-12-03, 10:06
I got a perfect 100% on the CAD test, and I can testify to the Atkins switch... coming towards the end of my first week I can honestly say that I am feeling much better.

The first day - Monday - I had a low sugar drop that I thought I'd never get through... I suffered on the couch until my next meal...LOL...the change from grazing to a more timed eating routine was what shook me.

The second day - a major crash and burn - but I didn't know I could have a snack at that time, and tried to make it through again until the next meal. It was too bad for me, and I HAD to eat a chunk of cheese. I immediately stabilized and was fine until my next meal.

The third day - almost none of that. Less coffee as well, since I made a decaf in the afternoon instead of regular...still trying to cut this down. After a few days of the low sugar problems, my system is getting used to those in between times and I didn't have any problems like that yesterday.

Not HAVING to eat breakfast helps me a lot! When my lunch is later, and my RM is later, I don't have those drops.

Hope that gives you an idea...at least if there are adjustment problems, they don't last long.