PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

longway2go
Tue, Jul-08-03, 21:58
New to the Triple Digits Club. Let me introduce myself.

I have been overweight most of my adult life. I peaked at 370 pounds about six weeks ago. My weight lead to severe depression and anxiety attacks. All this for a 42 year old guy who has a wonderful wife and family, successful career and a strong faith in God. I had a good life and was driving myself to an early grave. It was at that point that I decided that I wanted to live and enjoy living.

I chose the Atkins plan. I have continued on the induction phase only because it has enduced a quicker weight loss. When you weigh as much as I do the pyschological impact of losing the first couple of "10's" is huge.

I hope to encourage others as we journey together.

Iwilldoit
Tue, Jul-08-03, 22:00
:wave:
Heya longway!
Welcome to TDC. Looks like you are doing great! You're almost 25% toward your goal. That is really excellent. You'll enjoy hanging out in here. Lots of interesting people around this place :)

longway2go
Tue, Jul-08-03, 22:05
Thanks for the welcome!

I am sure you will hit your goal also. Congratulations on your current success. Keep it going.

I agree, there is plenty of support in here. We all need coaches.

Looking forward to swapping posts with you as we head down the road.

PattyCT
Wed, Jul-09-03, 03:54
Hello longwaytogo :wave: You have found one of the most incredible and supportive places in the world. If you need anything, just ask... We are all in this together.

Congrats to you on your success to date!! :cheer:

Happy Locarbing!

Patty

kevidona
Wed, Jul-09-03, 14:03
Welcome longway to the TDC

I relate to your story as everybody here does also. You are an inspiration to me as I had the anxiety attacks also and I have some serious weight to lose too. Keep up the good work and keep us posted. We are quite a bunch here at the TDC.

Kevin

liz175
Wed, Jul-09-03, 19:01
Hi longway2go,

Welcome to the Triple Digits Club. I think a lot of us can relate to your story. This is a great place to find other people who are dealing with many of the same issues you are. If you haven't started a journal yet, you should consider doing so. A lot of the visiting and support in the Triple Digits Club takes place in journals.

LittleAnne
Thu, Jul-10-03, 04:41
Hi Longway to go

Welcome to the TDC, you are sure doing well and your first 6 weeks must have really inspired you.

Glad to see that you have started a journal. Keep the faith and more pounds will soon follow.

justcindy
Thu, Jul-10-03, 08:18
Welcome and congratulations on making a choice to get healthy! Just a sidenote...I found out that food was a god for me...and that is taking away from my relationship with God. Everything in my life is better, inside and out, physically and spiritually. This way of life is a blessing and I pray you discover it brings you peace as well.
~Cindy

tgill32177
Thu, Jul-10-03, 10:11
We are sooo glad you found us! Great job on the weight loss so far! It is a wonderful feeling. Also with this WOL you will find that even when you aren't dropping Lbs that you are losing inches. I haven't lost a large amount of weight this past month but I have lost 2 1/2 inches off my waist. It's great!

Hope to hear more of your successes in the future.

Be blessed,
Tanya