Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 15:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Smile

Starchile, I wish I had found you earlier and joined you at the potluck. Sounds like it was fun! the only low carb products I have been looking for was bread and tortilla. I will have to look at the Safeway in Arcata and Mckinleyville, the stores in Eureka have little or no choices. Keep in touch and lets get together sometime, I do a lot of cooking and adjusting recipes to keep them low carb.

Enjoy the sun, I see it sunning out my office window today.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 13:06

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

starchilde

I will try this 3 day Egg fast, but tell me. I have to have one coffee a day with 3 cream amnd 3 splenda. Do you think this will ruin it for me. I hope not, I have to have this coffee.

Know what I mean !
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 16:17

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Stall queen

I would say just for the 3 days to skip the coffee and cream...once you have weighed yourself and have seen the difference you can slowly add in the coffee and see if that stalls you. If you REALLY want to lose the weight three days w/out coffee is kinda worth it don't you think???

Good luck to you!!!! I know caffeine addiction is no joke!!!!

Let us know what you decide to do and how things turn out!

Peace and Balance,
Star
  #19   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 18:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-Induction
Stats: 193/173/170 Female 5'4
BF:33.1%/30.4%/24%
Progress: 87%

I'm going to start this egg fast tomorrow. I started LCing February 17th, I lost 14 pounds in the first week of induction going from 193 to 179. I'm still at 179 almost 3 months later. It's STRESSIN' me lol I got down to 173 at one point but I messed up I'm totally dedicated now though. I'm also on my TOM so I haven't been losing anything and it get's very discouraging but I'm hoping that after it's over I'll see a whoosh and with the help of this egg fast maybe an extra whoosh! Thanks SO much. And by the way, Tesia you're beautiful!

Last edited by Wannabeski : Mon, May-05-03 at 18:39.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 13:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 141/125/120 Female 57 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%
Red face

OHMYGOSH!!!!! I haven't heard anything about the EGG FAST since I was in high school in the early 1950s. In my teens I endulged in waaaay too many chocolate marshmallow sodas and french fries and found myself 20/30 lbs overweight.

I found the EGG DIET, as it was called then, in one of the ladies mags. 9 hard boiled eggs were allowed a day for several days and I lost quite a bit of weight - a good start for the no starch diet that everyone at that time used when they wanted to lose weight. no starch = low carb now. That was years, maybe decades, before the low fat rage came along. We used the the low carb diet before it was called the low carb diet and before Dr Atkins first book.

I've been stuck between 126 and 128 for weeks - maybe I'll try the EGG FAST again, but this time I'll use butter and mayo. The only reason I want to get down another pound or 2 is so I don't have to think about it any more and just relax and enjoy all the steaks and cheese I want.

STARCHILE, thanks for your explanation and for jogging my "senior" memory.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 14:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 288/266/200
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default eggs

Hi

Is there a limit on how many eggs per day?

Cheers
  #22   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 13:32

BF:
Default egg fast

50 years ago, before anyone thought that anything could possibly be wrong with eggs, we were allowed 9 a day for the EGG DIET but there was no extra fat with them as they had to be hard or soft boiled. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet about the egg fast.

I started yesterday and had 7 eggs. 2 scrambled for breakfast, lunch and dinner then I chopped one and mixed it with some mayo around 2AM - wasn't a bit hungry until then. Today I've had 2 for breakfast and 2 for lunch, both scrambled. Dinner will be chopped eggs with mayo - I'm making hubby tuna salad so I won't have to fix 2 dinners. Just leaving the tuna out of mine.

I weighed in this AM and had lost 1/2 lb to 125-1/2 - yea!! I don't know if I'll do this again tomorrow. The more I think about it, the more I think I migiht try Dr Atkins FAT FAST . At least it wouldn't be so boring.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 14:56
Registered Member

I said I'd start the egg fast on Tuesday but I didn't BUT.. I started today. It hasn't been bad at all. I know this is just the first day but I'm not even hungry so that's good. So far for breakfast I had 2 eggs fried with butter and I just got done eating 3 more. I also exercised for about an hour today so I'm feeling really motivated and proud of myself. I plan on doing this for about 3 days. When I'm finished, I'll let ya'll know how it went. Thanks and good luck to everyone!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 16:48

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%

Starchile,

You are absolutely beautiful. I have been hovering around a 30 pound loss for about a month. I break through and lose 2 pounds, then gain them back, then lose. I'm stuck. So I'm going to try breaking a few eggs.

I hope to be about 265 by the fourth of July. I give myself mini goals and find that I keep my motivation level higher.

I'll let you know how I make out.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, May-09-03, 20:29
Registered Member

Default *sigh*

Well today was my friends birthday and she asked me to go out to dinner.. So unfortunately I didn't stick to my egg fast. However I did stick to LCing! I had a salad with grilled chicken and bacon. I'll start the egg fast tomorrow I suppose
  #26   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 00:37

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally posted by Wannabeski
I said I'd start the egg fast on Tuesday but I didn't BUT.. I started today. It hasn't been bad at all. I know this is just the first day but I'm not even hungry so that's good. So far for breakfast I had 2 eggs fried with butter and I just got done eating 3 more. I also exercised for about an hour today so I'm feeling really motivated and proud of myself. I plan on doing this for about 3 days. When I'm finished, I'll let ya'll know how it went. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Good luck! Could you please fill out the eggfast poll when you're done? I am gathering those results for those of us who may be interested in trying it out. So far the results (3 votes) have shown that they only bring a temporary solution. I want more input!

that goes for all of you!!!
  #27   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 09:22

BF:
Unhappy

I couldn't make it to the third day. Yesterday, my second day, I ate 2 eggs for each of 3 meals then I started feeling just awful - like my blood sugar was down around my ankles so around 10pm, I ate an ounce of cream cheese with 1/2 packet of Sweet'nLow and some vanilla. By 11pm I was still feeling awful so I nuked a slice of cheese then went to bed. This morning I had the shakes - bad, so I fixed a green salad with blue cheese and am feeling a better now.

The great thing is, I got weighed with trembles and all and the scale actually read 125. I haven't seen 125 for years. I guess it was worth it. I'm going back to regular Atkins induction for several days. If I'm stalled again or if I gain a few, think I'll try Atkins FAT FAST or more than likely, I'll just say to h*ll with it and enjoy the normal Atkins diet. trying to stay under 128.

Hope all of you find success with the eggs. I just wasn't motivated enough to wade thru the low blood sugars.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 14:56
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%
Default How many eggs are you eating?

Hi all,

So is everyone averaging 6 eggs per day doing this? 2 for breaky, 2 for lunch & 2 for dinner? Wow, it doesn't seem like very much food....do you find that you are hungry? I'm tempted to try it, but am afraid that I'd be so hungry between meals that I'd end up grabbing something that's not good for me.

Starchile....were you only eating 6 per day?

Thx everyone!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 19:14
Registered Member

Default Hmmm..

Wouldn't eating only 6 eggs a day be bad..? If you're only eating 6 eggs a day and they're only 70 calories each, that's only 420 calories a day.. That is way too low, wouldn't that make your body go into starvation mode? I'm sure that would make you feel AWFUL I plan on about 8 eggs a day, 2 for breakfast, 3 for lunch, and 3 for dinner. That's about 560 calories and then with the calories you add with butter or oil or whatever you cook the eggs in, I'm guessing it would put you somewhere close to 1000 calories which is the same amount as in the fat fast. So I'm pretty much using the calorie guidelines for fat fast with the egg fast lol Blah.. Didn't start again today But tomorrow I definitely DEFINITELY will and I'll post my results and I'd be glad to fill out the eggfast poll. Talk to ya'll soon. Amanda
  #30   ^
Old Sat, May-10-03, 21:53

Plan: Atkins/fasting
Stats: 263/246/160 Female 67 inches
BF:39.9/29.7/21.9
Progress: 17%

WOW! You have inspired me! I am starting tomorrow. I already boiled up some eggs, and I am headed to make some into eggsalad for lunch tomorrow. Stay tuned for results!