Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 10:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/230/200 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Italian Roast Beef

I can't take credit for this. I actually found it at http://beef.allrecipes.com/az/itlinrstbf.asp , but I made it once and had to tell others about it . As simple as it is, it's amazing what you can do with meat and spices without adding all the carbs.

The recipe calls for using a kettle, but I used a crock-pot and let it cook all day. I had never made pot-roast before, but it turned out wonderful and also leaves a nice aroma to the house. If you enjoy it, you may wish to go to the link above and leave a review. Anyway, here it is:

1 1/2 cups water
3 cubes beef bouillon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
4 pounds rump roast
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Pour the water into a kettle and add bouillon cubes.

Rub the roast with the oil.

Mix all remaining ingredients together and roll the oiled roast in them until evenly coated.

Put the roast in the kettle along with any left-over ingredients.

Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for approximately 3 1/2 hours or until well-done.
Sponsored Links