Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/240/170
BF:
Progress: 14%
Unhappy No walk tonight

My plan was to walk another 10K tonight but I woke up this morning with a headache, neck and back pain. Could be my body rebelling against the first meaningful exercise I've done in a month last night.

I used to be sooooo committed to exercise, it's how I lost 60 lbs. over the last 2 years (before Atkins). Spinning 4 times a week, weights 4 times a week (alternating upper & lower body), the occasional kickboxing class and yoga, pilates and stretching classes as required - my gym is less than a block away, I don't know why it's so hard to get myself there these days.

I figure starting with the walks will motivate me to get back to the gym. I pay a fair amount each month, the thought of the wasted money alone should make me go.

Sammi_80 - your planned hike through thru the forest sounds great. Where in BC are you?

Riddler - see youtomorrow, although it's supposed to rain. You up for walking in the rain?

Tiff
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 12:28
Registered Member

Stats: 167/158/130
BF:
Progress: 24%

Jude from the reading I have done the reason why you can get away with eating carbs in the morning is because your insulin levels are at their lowest then. Since you haven't eaten since last night every thing should be digested and you wouldn't have been producing insulin during the night.

Has a bad weekend. We had two dinners to go to. Stayed away from the bread and potatoes but couldn't reisist the ice glace desert.

Back to heavy exercising again. Having trouble also with getting the water in each day.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 15:39

Stats: 260/239/145 Female 5,4
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hope I am not too late ?? Yes I like to lose some too . I am in Ontario moved here from B.C. Wondered why this winter I live Northwest of Toronto. I have a lot to lose. I started a year ago at 260 and am Now 227. It has been going up and down for so many months. I am old and it is hard to lose.I'll try though.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 15:53

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Thanks for the info, Mavnan! Doubt if I'll change my late night snack, but it's good to know where to look if things stall or slow down too much.

Welcome to the thread and to Ontario, Traveller! My Mom lives north of Orangeville...is that anywhere near you? BTW, didn't you know?.... we females don't get old any more--we just get better!

judy
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 12:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 199/193/159
BF:
Progress: 15%

Tiffany: I sent you an email
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 15:03

BF:

Ty Jude for the welcome No I am more north , close to lake Huron but I have a lot of family in and around Orangeville and I am down there at least once a month. Went yesterday for a long walk in the nice warm weather. First day I felt warm this year. I even wore shorts Today it is back to winterclothes again just came home driving through freezing rain. No walk today I am too cold. Doesn't the winter ever end in Ontario? Take care all.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 07:31

BF:

To be edited every Friday:
Friday April 11: 0 loss (hey I just started!)
Friday April 18: -2
Friday April 25:
Friday May 2:
Friday May 9:
Friday May 16:
Friday May 23****: yeah! TOTAL LOSS:

Last edited by Riddler : Thu, Apr-17-03 at 11:30.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 04:28
Registered Member

Stats: 167/158/130
BF:
Progress: 24%
Wink

Can't believe how fast Friday can roll around some weeks.

I am still the same this week, which is good that I didn't go up. Didn't get in the water or the amount of exercise that I usually do. Work is really stressful settingup the new business.

Tom did really well. He went from 263 to 258 this week. He is starting to feel really good and have more energy.

We are away for Easter, looking to find some sun. Will try to get in alot of walking and healthy eating.

Have a good weekend everyone
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 06:05

BF:

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm down 1 lb to 158....but I'm not going to change my stats on the forum yet because I like to wait a few days to be certain its a "sure thing".

btw this is a milestone for me--50 lbs gone! I still want to pinch myself....when I remember how desperate I felt last spring at 208 lbs and couldn't face another low fat failure. Thank you, Dr. Atkins wherever you are!

Happy Easter, Everyone!

judy
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 07:58

Stats: 275/255/180 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

~~~~morning all sammi here~~~ down 3 lbs, walked the total of 425 min this week...might make my mothers day goal yet ...tiff im from the west kooteanys...nelson area...did a boo boo yesterday had a homemade granola bar...70 carbs about, it was about 3ozs...with so much stuff in i cant even list them.... but darn it was good ,kathy a co-worker makes them an there selling like crazy at the golf course .asked her to revamp one thats low carb.....hee hee.........
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 09:07

BF:

Hello!
Well I am down 2 lbs must be all the shivering it is so cold. Wow Jude congratulations on 50 lbs lost you must feel so good. Sammi 3 lbs wow, here I was happy for 2 Mavnan is it not unfair how the men can lose so fast? I have followed a couple of guys that started at the same time as I did and they have lost double what I have. I guess you all heard the sad news that Dr, Atkins died. Well I am forever thankful that he lived and wrote the books that helps me lose.
Have a GREAT EASTER Everyone.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 11:00

Plan: Atkins / Carb Addict
Stats: 240/240/140 Female 5ft8"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Seriously depressed.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 12:22

BF:

Hi AJ,

Sorry you had a bad week. Try not to let it get you down. Are you recording your food at Fitday? It's a big help keeping track of everything. It's amazing how those carbs can creep in when you're just guesstimating. There's even a possibility you're not eating enough.

Or why don't you give us a general list of the foods you're eating here. I don't know anything about Carb Addict (how many carbs are you allowed per day?), but maybe we can help.

Hang in there! You will be successful!

judy
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 10:43

BF:

Ajaye:
don't get discouraged....dust yourself off and start again.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 10:53
Registered Member

Stats: 251/240/170
BF:
Progress: 14%
Exclamation Finally!!

Hello All!

Better late than never. I weight myself Friday but didn't get a chance to turn the PC on until today. Very busy with Easter etc.

WOW - Traveller, Sammi_80, Jude, Mavnen, Tom & Riddler - great job with maintaining/losing everyone. I'm impressed! I on the other hand gained 2 ilbs - yeah me!!! Oh well, what can you do...that's what happens when you cheat more than sticking to it. So, Ajaya, I know how you feel but for me there's a reason, little exercise and lots of cheating - don't be too hard on yourself, you'll lose again, I know it.

Tiff

To be edited every Friday:

Friday April 11: 0
Friday April 18: +2 - oh no
Friday April 25:
Friday May 2:
Friday May 9:
Friday May 16:
Friday May 23****: yeah! TOTAL LOSS: