Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 18:28

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Default bikini club

Hi gals!

Kaela, we are the same height and seem to be stuck at about the same spot... 143 is my comfortable weight but if I really try hard and not snack or eat sugar-free sweets I have made it down as low as 136. (Of course, that was my "one golden shot," now it's MUCH harder! The second time around LC'ing am down to 139 but keep seesawing back up if I step one toe out of line (and down if i go back to induction-style eating.)
I used to excercise at least 5 times a week and now only do abs.. that might be part of my problem! and drinking enough water is definitely not my forte!
I'm getting married in august and want to look stunning in my dress and breath-taking in a bikini on the honeymoon! So here goes...

Sheri
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 18:45

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%

Hey Sheri! Don't worry, you will look so beautiful in your wedding dress. I'm sure you look beautiful now!
We're almost at goal!! This is the time to kick it into high gear!! I'd say definitley get some weight training and cardio back into your routine . And drink drink drink!!! Once you force yourself to for a few days it's easy to drink over 60oz. a day. Do you watch your calories? I've just started to last month. It's definitely working, along with weight training 2 x aweek and cardio on the other days. I don't do any abs. I guess I should.
Okay I'm going to go browsing the internet.
Hey have you picked out your dress yet?? Can you post a pic??
Welcome to the group by the way!
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 20:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/127.5/115.0
BF:
Progress: 10%
Talking HEY CREW!!

Wow! Hi Girls! Sounds like everyone has been doing really well! I have a question - maybe you guys can help me....
I am weighing in on Friday, I expect to weigh 125. How long do you think that it will take me to get to 115? (5'5")..... hmmm I am wondering about that.
AND . . . what does the "bikini crew" do when they are hungry??? Like at night when I am so hungry even though I know that I've eaten enough? Just go to bed? Hmmmm?

HOW DO YOU SAY NO TO TEMPTATIONS LIKE CHOCOLATE? ahhhhhhhhhh

Kay guys, hang in there!

Deanna

P.S. I think that our crew needs to do a couple of things.....

1) each set a date for our goals

2) when that date comes - maybe we should email a picture to eachother - a little accountability to keep us on track!! whoa!! scary!!!

whatta you guys think??
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 20:38

Hey Deanna! I think that's a great idea. I've set my goal for May 15th at 138- THat's a month to lose 5 lbs.
We should all put our goals in our sigs.

Is 115 a little low for 5'5''?? I don't know. It sounds a little low to me but I think you should use your best judgement, you know your body better than I do! What's your body fat percentage? When I'm hungry and I've already eaten a lot...(or I guess I should say when I have the *muchies* I go online, or drink some water or go to sleep if it's night time.

When I am craving chocolate I get a carbolite bar....just don't eat a lot of them or you'll be in the bathroom all night....hmmm Maybe I should try CarbDelite Bars instead.

I need to get a camera but I'd send you guys my pic after May 15th. That'll be some extra motivation. Or we could even post our pics online? What do you guys think?
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 20:49

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 180/~~/115 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hey ya'll

I finally worked out !!!! I have been so lazy lately, but that will change. I did 30 mins of cardio and 30 min on weights. Worked my thighs until they were screaming "what are you doing to us ?!?" I forgot how good I feel after I get in a good workout.

Alas, I think I might have done too much I was tired for most of the day. Oh well, my legs feel great.

Yes, I did lose 65 pounds plus more. I stopped weighting myself at 180, I was well above before I started losing. Let's see. First thing I did was eleminate all those carbs like bread and so on, I upped my fat, I eat somewhere between 90- 100 grams a day. Exercised on a daily basis, even if it was just 20-60 minuets a day walking, which is what I did for the first 50 pounds. It came off fairly quickly when I was exercising and very slooooow when I wasn't. Also I can't stress the water enough. The more water you drink, the more you will lose. Also it is necessary, because of the way we eat, to flush out the ketones that our bodies are producing. Everytime you think of that bikini, think beach, then water, then DRINK.

What is everyones major anyways? What schools are ya'll representing?

Take care,
Grace
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 21:26

Kaela,
Yes!! I bought my dress already! It's absolutely gorgeous.. dripping with beads and lace.. It's white with spagetti straps, a bustle in the back and a detachable train. I wish I could send a picture because it is beyond words! It was practically made for me! (I have to be careful because my fiance is milling around and he can't know what it looks like!
but I definitely need to start working out again!

Deanna: I'm in your boat a lot of the time. I had Whitman's sugar free chocolates, Ross bars, Twist (well, still have that) and I finally had to get rid of it all! I made my fiance finish off the chocolates yesterday and purged myself of goodies! If I eat goodies I do not lose, so there was nothing to do but stop. You have to decide for yourself if good health and a great figure (all the time) are more important or 2 minutes of bliss eating a candy bar! That's what I have to remind myself when I want to cheat. Also goodies causes cravings for more goodies and more food so that is another one of my problems. It's like a landslide if I eat a few SF candies it's all over. Then it's onto nuts, cheese, Ross chocolate and peanut butter, etc. I also have to consciously control what and how much I eat or I gain. So I try to read a book, or watch tv, surf the net, draw, anything to keep my mind off food and my head out of the fridge! It seems to be all about self control for some of us.. Good luck!
Also, this way of life is unique to each of us, our rates of losing and what and how much we can eat are as different as the colors in the rainbow! When you get closer to goal the weight loss is slower too because you have less to lose and in most WOE you up your carbs towards the end to reach a lifetime maintenance stage. Hope this is helpful!

Grace- You inspired me to go get a glass of water right now.. Jeez, congrats on the major loss!!!
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 21:30

Default ps

Kaela, I almost forgot. How do you get the picture in your sig?
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 22:06

BF:

Hey Deanna

I love your idea about setting a date and sending pictures. May 15 sounds good to me and if I can figure out how to post a pic I sure will do that.

Those night time munchies... I have always had a weakness for the snacks before bedtime. I try to eat a meal that is pretty high in fat for my last meal, like 70% fat and drink 4 cups of water with it. If I want a snack, I make herbal tea. If I'm still hungry, I eat string cheese .

Grace

Last edited by 2bfree : Wed, Apr-16-03 at 22:09.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 23:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/156/125
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi girls,

I like the idea about posting pictures, but Im sooooo embarassed to post one now ... my belly is soo jigggly ... But i promise that I will post one before and one after picture , when I start to look good

Im majoring in electrical engineering at Queens University , in Kingston Canada . Where is everyone else ?

LovingIt - in order to break free of temptations like chocolate (used to be my favorite thing in the world, but I can proudly say that I dont get cravings for it anymore, which helps) ... I just try to stay away from it when I see it, and dont ever keep any in my room. I dont visit the convenience store anymore either, cause I know that theres nothing for me in there anyhow. And I keep a bottle of water handy with me everywhere I go and just gulp it down to "fill" myself up. phewww... .

If I ever get a craving, I come here and read/post , it helps me say to illegal foods .

In terms of goals, I would like to weigh 125 lbs by the end of June. I have yet to discover if its possible.

May 15 - 155
May 30 - 145
June 15- 135
June 30 - 125
Hmmm.. this looks a lil unrealistic, but I did something at this late last year , and I will be doing an hour of cardio everyday at my old gym like I used to, so I have my fingers crossed.

Carrie

Last edited by StarDancer : Wed, Apr-16-03 at 23:07.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 23:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins started at 197lbs
Stats: 207/183/170
BF:BMI: 31.5/27.5/26
Progress: 65%
Default BACK ON LOW CARB!!!

Oh man, I didn't think I'd miss it!!!

Yesturday I passed out at work every time I stood up, and got the hiccups constantly, so I cheated all day :/ (I was worried...) Turns out my depo shots are draining me *literally!!* but I'll not go further into that *cough*

Anyway, turns out I got a big anemic (IT WAS SCARY) but found out all I have to do is eat more red meat and LOTS more water *bleh* I like soda

So that's my new food goal: cut WAY back on my diet coke.

And today L/C all the way

Also, I might take before and after pics of what I look like in my wedding dress It's a summer outside informal wedding (aka "the wedding we can't afford") and it just CLINGS to my butt!! Oy...must use my fanny lifter more, but I've had no energy--at least I know why I haven't!!!

Plus I worked 15 hours today...Just got home now and was home after running errands approximately an hour between 215 and 315. No time to exercise today...

Hopefully tomorrow. Long walk or fanny lifter 14 inch stair step...whoof!!

CONGRATS ON GETTING MARRIED!!!! We'll work our butts off together

My fiance has been so supportive lately *Swo0n* Every time I bring up that I lost weight he cheers and every time I feel like a fat cow *like now...sniffle* he tells me I'm already perfect, but not to give up because this is what I want for myself.

YAY!!!! I get to see him June 10th!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Ok...I should go play some Dynomite and hit the sack...

OH!! and I ordered my wedding ring today I'll post links to pics and whatnot later

and i'll try to write regularly
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 07:40

Hey JuneBrdie, your fiance sounds soooo sweet! That's awesome he's so supportive!! Are you still on Depo shots?? That's birth control right? I heard it's like the worst thing for losing weight. There is a woman in this forum who went off and had to deal with withdrawl and then she lost weight. I'm pretty sure it was depo shots. Her name is Kristine. Here's her website http://lowcarbcorner.diet-coach.com/
I hope that link works. Anyway make sure you take care of yourself! Eat that meat and drink water!!! We don't want you passing out on us.

Oh Carrie whats Canada like!? I think I want to go visit there!! I've heard it's awesome.

Grace that's so cool. You're very inspiring!! **Kaela is thinking of water now**

water water water water water BIKINI BIKINI water water water lol

Okay, I'm gonna go on the treadmill now! Have a great day ladies, eat healthy and get in your workouts!!
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 12:27

Junebride: please do post pics! Do you have your dress picked out? I almost ordered one off ebay but I'm glad i didn't because I found out they run smaller than normal dresses.. phooey! They should make them bigger so we can feel better about it! ha ha
Sounds like you found a wonderful man! Congrats!!
May 15 sounds like a good date for a goal.. My goal will be 135! (Finger's crossed)

sheri
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins started at 197lbs
Stats: 207/183/170
BF:BMI: 31.5/27.5/26
Progress: 65%

NO KIDDING the dresses run smaller!!! She even gave me the measurements...granted, even with what I was at I needed to lose 1/2 from my butt....but in reality, I need to lose AT LEAST 3 INCHES!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo right now my measurement for hip area is this:

March (before any diets): 46"
April 15 (thereabouts): 45"

o0o I had an idea...

We should keep measurement sizes once a week...If you don't feel comfortable telling everyone your inches, just keep track of them yourself and every week post how much you lost or (hopefully never unless in a good way) gained.

And I just started using this Avon thigh/butt shrinking cream...there's not enough in there for 8 weeks worth with my mother and myself sharing it.

Ooooook, must find measuring tape. Be back later Need a nap too!!!

Here's my dress: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...2817489439&rd=1
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:34

Oh my god, that dress is GORGEOUS!!! I love vintage-look clothing and that one is really something! I would have been tempted to buy that one if I saw it!
All the dresses I thought I liked off the internet didn't turn out to be the ones I liked in person. I pictured a big cinderella ball gown and I ended up liking the fitted dresses better. My hips are a little tight in my dress so that's something for me to work on..

measurements as of 4/17/03: 37-27-37.5 (hard to be accurate)

my measurements aren't changing much anymore but initially I was 38-29-39” when I first started LC'ing. so have lost a few inches! I went back to high carb at christmas and the weight and inches came creeping back on, so here I am again! (practice makes perfect, right?) I've dropped from a size 10-12 to a size 6-8, so that really feels good! It's amazing what a few inches difference makes. Unfortunately I have very large bones so a lot of stuff dosn't fit around my broad shoulders! There is no way to change that which sucks. Now if there was only a way to lose 4 sizes off my feet..
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 13:45

BF:

I'm definatly going to buy some measuring tape. I do not seem to show any loss on the scale, but my clothes get smaller. I know I don't have much to lose, but ALL of the extra weight is in my butt

Carrie, if you do cardio for an hour everyday, you are going to lose ALOT of weight. Some people suggest doing weight training, which I hate, but since I have started, the inches are dropping so quickly. Muscle burns more calories,and it's favorite food is the dreaded body fat !!!!!! Love the dress, by the way.

Hell, it seems like everyone is getting married!!!! Please, I can't even find a decent boyfriend.

Oh, I go to the University of Memphis, accounting major. What about everyone else? If your not in school where do you guys work?

Grace

Last edited by 2bfree : Thu, Apr-17-03 at 14:29.