Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 18:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 200/195/150
BF:
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up

Piano - That's awesome! I'm attempting to do the same thing. SP and BFL. I have been so busy at work that I haven't been able to stay on track very well. I'm thinking about buying a Crossbow (knock-off BowFlex) and making a serious commitment! How long did it take you to see those results?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 21:43

Plan: moderate - BFing
Stats: 247.5/195/150 Female 66 inches
BF:preg/curr/goal
Progress: 54%

I did the BFL program once, a few years ago (w/the diet, although I had a hard time eating six times per day!). Maybe I should adopt that weight training program again...

Anyway, my only exercise at present is weight training 2-3 times a week (usually 8-9 machines), with the occasional recumbant bike (20-30 min). I find that I get a better workout with the upright bike, but I tweaked my tricep/elbow a week ago doing dips (stupid), so I'm staying off the elbow.

My biggest problem is that I have chronic Achilles tendonitis in my right heel. So I can't walk. I would really love to walk for exercise (and I'm sure my dog would love it too!) but it is a long tedious journey getting this thing to heal. I can't do anything for cardio except bike (and perhaps swim, but that isn't good for weight loss and I suck at it *heh*). Stairclimbing and elliptical machines are both problematic.

Anyway, I think I will dig up my BFL book. It's about time to throw some variation into the mix.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 09:49
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

CaroleSP -

You asked:

Quote:
Somatics sounds interesting and beneficial. Do you have to do it in private sessions with a trainer? Is it expensive?

I took an eight week Somatics course to learn the Cat Stretch which is a series of movements designed for daily body maintenance. You know how a cat always stretches after a nap? My instructor said that cats instinctively know and practice somatics. I've noticed my little dachshund does the same thing. I tease him about doing his "doggie Yoga," "Oh look he's doing Down Dog! Now he's doing Up Dog! What a clever doggie!"

The course I took was in a class of about 20 people. The instructor also offers somatics tablework which are private sessions which focus on working the individual's problem areas or SMA's as she termed them. SMA stands for Sensory Motor Amnesia. The class cost $48 for 8 classes which I thought was reasonable. Private tablework sessions cost $ 60 for an hour, which is about the same as the going rate for an hour of massage therapy here. ( I am in BC Canada) Everyone in my Somatics class received a 1/2 price coupon from the instructor for a private session so I plan on taking advantage of it.

Hope that helps. Sorry I took so long to answer, I haven't been using the computer much lately. I've been trying to do less sitting.

amieK

Last edited by amieK : Sat, Mar-15-03 at 09:50.