Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-14-07, 21:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

that's one thing I like about Atkins. You are able to have alcohol. Good luck on the Beach!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-14-07, 21:49

Stats: 166/158/135 Female 5'6
BF:39/34/20%
Progress: 26%

Orlando here
  #18   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 07:56

Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

Hi everyone,

I'm still here in Longwood. LCchickFL, I know where Chuluota is and have even on occasion driven thru.

I've been on Atkins for a long time now and have moved more into just a low carb food plan. I'm doing well and for the first time in my life, feel like I have my weight under control.

Best to all Central FL's weigh losers.

Magic
  #19   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 11:29

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

Congrats on getting to your goal weight, Magic!!!!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-07, 14:51

Plan: lowfat+very lowcarb+IF
Stats: 252/173/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default hello to everyone

I'm in largo, in the clearwater/st petersburg area. Anyone doing low carb in combo with reduced calories/fat?
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-07, 07:04

Plan: South Beach-Phase 2
Stats: 200/175/150 Female 68 in
BF:30/26.6/21
Progress: 50%

Hi Wendy!
I used to live in New Port Richey and work in Largo. Now, I live north of Orlando in Deland. I am on South Beach. It qualifies as low fat and low sugar. We don't count carbs, but we don't eat refined flour and sugar. We don't eat anything with added sugars either. If it is naturally occurring in foods like fruits and veggies, it is OK to eat. So, that's the main difference between SB and Atkins. Have you lost all of your weight on Kimkins? I did some reading about it. I have considered it as a stall-breaker for the future. Right now, I'm still losing and I am very happy with South Beach.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-07, 08:46

BF:

Hey Keira!
I do know where Deland is, I've got a friend there and my best friend is in orlando, so I make that fun drive on I4 all the time, haha.
My friend has lost consistantly on SB over the last year, about 30 lbs and she loves it and looks great, she was only about 155 lbs to start with though.
I didn't lose all my weight on Kimkins, no. I started on Atkins last year at 252, lost 60, and then slowly gained back about 30. Over the last 4 months I really stalled and kept losing and gaining the same 3 or 4 lbs, and I was working out like crazy and got very frustrated. I did some reading on Kimkins and on 5/27 started that woe, and I've lost 14 lbs then, in...I guess 10 days. I'm really excited about it, and plan to do it for 8 weeks and then evaluate things.
As long as you are losing on SB, don't fix something thats not broken, right? But if you do stall, I would recommend Kimkins. It can give you a dramatic result quickly, and I don't think it would be too hard to move into SB again. I have heard of several people who "cycle" Kimkins with SB or Atkins and have positive results.

Wendy
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-07, 11:39

Stats: 166/158/135 Female 5'6
BF:39/34/20%
Progress: 26%

I am in Orlando.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-07, 06:34

Plan: South Beach-Phase 2
Stats: 200/175/150 Female 68 in
BF:30/26.6/21
Progress: 50%

Wendy,
Thanks for the info. I may check into it later, when I get closer to goal or have a stall. Have you read the Meat & Egg forum? I have been considering that too. I just really like my fruits and veggies!!! GOOD LUCK keeping the weight off and getting to your goal. It is tough. I had lost 30 lbs on my own plan 6 yrs ago, but I had 2 kids after that. Now, my youngest is 3 and I see no more little ones in the near future, so it is time to buckle down. It's amazing how much more positive I feel about myself at a lower weight!

Amberview!
Where in Orlando are you? I work in Altamonte Springs and live in Deland. I have family in Winter Park, Winter Springs and Oviedo. I am down in that area alot.
aMBERV
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 10:29

Stats: 175/133/120 Female 60 in
BF:52.4/35/22
Progress: 76%

Hi! I'm in Orlando too.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 10:32

BF:

Hi Koalaty!

Keira, I have read the meat and egg forum also. Alot of people start kimkins on the KE plan which is similar to ME and a great way to jump start weight loss. I'm with you though, I love my low carb veggies and have to get them in every day.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Jun-16-07, 14:59
Operation Ann 2013

Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%

Hey I am in Orange City.....very close to Deland! Hello everyone!
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-07, 19:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/169/155 Female 5 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 7%

I am in Ocala....started the low carb awhile back, lost 5 pounds, then along came a job change and stress from that-so tomorrow i start again! I plan on having enough willpower to stick with it this time.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-07, 07:12

Stats: 175/133/120 Female 60 in
BF:52.4/35/22
Progress: 76%

so where do y'all buy your low-carb products in the Orlando area? My local publix doesn't seem to have much, and that's usually where I shop.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jun-29-07, 07:35

BF:

Hi Koalaty. I'm in tampa, so not sure about local low carb stores in orlando. Publix here has some low carb things, they carry Walden Farms dressings and sauces in the produce section as well as the "dietic" section, as well as a few other no sugar added dressings. They carry the la Tortilla low carb tortillas, also. Albertsons has a few marinades I buy for meat, "Colgin" brand, that are 1-2 carb a serving. Other than than, I eat mostly fresh meats and veggies now. I do have a local low carb specialty store close to me but they are very pricey, and I used to order from netrition.com once a month or so instead.