Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 17:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/245/220 Male 74 inches
BF:22%/22%/15%
Progress: 50%
Talking Hello to all!!

Just love that smiley face!!!

All is good with the induction so far, I get up at 2:30am to go to work, as if Induction isnt hard enough by itself..... oh well, did my first ever keto strip today,,,,,,,,, NOTHING!! Any advice from anyone? I do work out long and intense, i read that maybe I am burning the Ketones??
DL dry rub is the way to go. Here in the south, that is standard. Wet BBQ is sloppy, messy and makes you fat with all the sugar, that sounds weird doen't it??

Since I am new, we just had our first baby boy 2 1/2 months ago.. LOVE HIM TO NO END!! Cant believe I can love that little guy so much, well not really little, 13 8oz at his 2 month visit.. HUGE boy, but a lover, as I like to call him. Gives me inspiration to get into shape so I will be able to play with him like I am a kid, hope everyone is ok, take care. jeff
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 18:58

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Kate: redbones is in Davis Square, Somerville (where I grew up), it's been there since waaay before Davis Square was trendy and has alsways been good. There is only one though. The have the best beer list around too. Ribs are the best I've had in MA so far. They make their own sausages too, which are good. One of the few things I miss about Somerville, the food! Mama Lisa's Pizza (yum!)... oh well, I'd rather be fit than have pizza and beer!

2:30 am memphis?!?! Wow, and I thought I got up early at 5! Does your breath taste like you've been sucking on pennies??? If it does, good chance you are in ketosis. I have never used those strips. My dragon breath is my keto-indicator!

My first LBWO killed me today! I hurt! But I did things I never did, so it's an accomplishment! TTYL!
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 08:10

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

I know what you mean about the lbwo. In my first challenge I could hardly walk the next day, but after a few days I was okay and from then on I was better. After work today I am going to the gym for my first lbwo and I know what pain I am going to be feeling after. The last challenge I only completed six weeks and then with the holidays and a flood in the basement I stop going to the gym and only did the cardio and probably lost some of the muscle that I had gained but at least I kept losing the pounds. This time I have vowed to go all the way and I even took before pictures that I pick up tommorrow. redbones sounds like a good place. I might have to take a ride there for the ribs and some lite beer. Lite beer has 4.5 carbs in 12 ounces and there is a beer by michelob that has 2.6. Low carb beer and its good. Its not something you want to have everynight but friday night I am going out and I know I will be having a couple. Last time I went out which was before christmas I had vodka martinis and although the carbs aren't there I wasn't used to the alcohol and had a little too much to drink. Although I danced the night away and probably burned many calories. anyway, dark lotus where do you live? I live in rhode island but I work in franklin. Memphis 260 I never did buy those ketosis strips. Single mom and no money but the raunchy breath is a strong indicator plus if your losing who cares what the strips say. and my hats off to you on that picture I would not have the guts because I looked 100% worse when I started this woe and I still don't have the guts. Maybe when I am about 180 i will but until then I don't dare show my many assets.
Laurie
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 08:16

I'm up in North Chelmsford, I work in Charlestown. Sounds like you have a long commute! I'm actually not as sore today as I thought I'd be, which is good. I've had the Michelob Ultra, it isn't too bad. Beer was my previous vice, so I'm a fairly good judge IMHO. Good luck on your workouts today everyone!
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 18:28

I agree with the sore body. I have been lifting weights since 1987 and never have i take a weight for 2 sec. up and 2 sec. down, damn that hurts.... I have to say the breath is stank nasty, oh well, at least it keeps people from bothering you at work... later

I dont I have any assets just yet, took lots of guts to put that up, cant wait to show yall the new one later in the year....
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 09:47

Talking BFL 2003

So far so good on the BFL. Love the cardio program, really makes the time fly. not sure when I am going to take more pics or measure again?> maybe wait until the 12 weeks is over with. I printed out the 12 week schedule and hung it on my mirror. when i get to the gym and do a workout i cross that day out with an "X". the days that i have my free day, I black it out so the off days stick out like a sore thumb. One thing that has helped me, i started to cross out days from the bottom of the sheet so i can see how many days are left instead of days remaining,, might work for yall too.

Feel pretty good. Found the Atkins Advantafe bars on sale at Kroger for $1.50, great way to break up the same ol same ol. gotta go.. jeff
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 03:55

I am doing great so far (IMHO anyways!) and I think I love this program. I don't like LBWO day as much as the other 2, but I'm working on it. Today is LBWO day... my hammies are still sore from the last workout!

Scale reading Saturday morning said up 3 pounds, but I hear that could be expected. Upped my water intake all day and reweighing today. I do my measurements and weigh in every week. I'm going to take pictures every 4 weeks too. I've been using on of those Success Journals, I like it alot.

Jeff, my keto breath has been worse this week, how about you? And my appetite has decreased too, anybody else have this happen? Then, out of nowhere, I get ravenously hungry...
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 09:51

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

Dark lotus,
My weight is also up 1 pound and I have that ravenous appetite where all I do is eat. Onplan but always eating yesterday was the first day that I didnt have the huge appetite. Hopeing for a lose tommorrow when I get on the scale. As for the breath, I have been doing atkins for so long now that I don't real notice the breath anymore. I love the lbwo days. Thats where I need to lose most of the inches and it feels good. My hams are not as sore as my quads and this time around the only part that felt real sore was my abs. I finally got my before pictures back and yes thats enough motivation to get me to finish the challenge this time around. I may take photos at the 6 week mark just to see the difference but I know that this will only lead to a back to back challenge for me to get me where I want to be in the summer.
Laurie
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 10:50

Wink Hello from Memphis!

Hey everyone, feeling great, if you want some inspiriation go the web and look up success stories for weight loss. Lots of people out there on all types of plans with some amazing changes. My problem is that I start out great for about 4 weeks and then crash and never get to see the final end. I am determined this time to make it all the way. Maybe even jump into challenge two the day after I finish C1. why not right?? the gym is going good, I haven't had the starving feeling except for in the am. Breath, like a 40 year old cave man coming out of his cave. I hope i dont have to get to close to anyone... poor people... oh well. Looking to get some supplements, maybe hydroxycut or something like that. i always have taken Creatine while working out with some type of pro-hormone. Might start here soon. time to go watch the SF game. Born and raised in the Bay Area, SF 49er faithful, then off to the gym for some cardio. bye, bye

HIT THE GYM AND DO SOME CARDIO WOULD YA???
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 12:33

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Jeff, stick with us and we'll keep you on track past W4 As for the ECA, watch out for hydroxycut with a keto diet, the HCA can mess with ketosis. There's more info on this in the CKD forum if you try a search. You'd be better with something like Ripped Fuel or Stacker II.

Nat
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 16:19

Thanks Nat, I have looked and looked and can not find anything on Hydroxycut and Ketosis.?? If they are all the same then why would the HYDRxy be bad? Isn;t it the same as the Xenadrine? thanks for the help,
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 18:54

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Memphis260
If they are all the same then why would the HYDRxy be bad? Isn;t it the same as the Xenadrine?
Jeff, many of the ECA stacks have added ingredients, other than Ephedra, Caffeine and Asprin. Hydroxycut contains green tea extract but it also contains HCA, Hydroxycitric acid sometimes marketted as Citrimax, and it can interfere with ketosis. It's fine if you're not following a ketogenic diet, but if you are it's best to use something like Stacker II or Ripped Fuel, which do not contain HCA.

Here's the search I did on HCA with a few threads on the subject:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/search.p...rder=descending

Nat
  #88   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 19:17

Thanks for the help, I will keep you posted on my progress. With your knowledge and exp. on this subject, I am not going to be the typical male, think I might listen to you.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 15:23

Talking 2nd week of BFL

hey everyone, keeping up with the workouts? Sure am in Memphis, feeling pretty good. Did the upper body work out but feel like I need more chest and shoulders? Doesnt seem to be enough. I am going to give it 4 weeks to see some changes and then maybe modify it a little. LOVE THE 20MAS OF CARDIO.......
Feel like i lost an inch or so on my waist, although it is the last to go. that sucks. Told the guys at work that i wanted to lose about 40 lbs and they almost sent me out for a drug screen. they thought I had lost my mind. oh well.

one thing that i have found is the Carb-o-Lite bars at wal-mart. Great sweet tooth fixer. 0 carbs and almost, well not really, like chocolate. Try the rice crispy bar, damn its good. Talk to you later.

still waiting on before and after pics of you people????????
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 17:37

Plan: LC & BFL
Stats: 214/175/150 Female 5'6
BF:will/update/:)
Progress: 61%

Hello BFL'ers!

I am on Week 10 of my Challenge #1.
Feeling fine!

I will definitely post before/after pictures & measurements in a few weeks.

I will be planning for Challenge 2 soon. I want to change up some exercises.

Have a great day!
Leslie