I started Atkins because
1) I NEEDED to lose weight for many reasons (self esteem, body image, health (arthritis in one knee, for instance), fitness, emotions/depression)
2) I couldn't face the idea of Weight Watchers yet again with the constant counting and deprivation (and likely failure for those reasons)
3) I was considering Dr Bernstein (not the diabetes diet, the Canadian clinic and mega $$$ one)
4) In researching Bernstein, I hit on a Yahoo group about Atkins, which I had done years ago. That lead me to this Forum and I realized how things had changed - so much more support and so many more products & recipes, making boredom a thing of the past)
I will STAY on Atkins/LC because
1) I CAN lose weight at a reasonable pace, while EATING
2) I feel SOOOO much better - more energy, more "alive"
3) I can handle stalls/plateaus because I can eat delicious food and go out to eat without problems- something I couldn't do on W.W. As long as I stay on plan, I know the weight will come off eventually.
This really has become a WOL for me, after about 6-7 weeks. I sure hope I don't lose this commitment