Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 17:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Tanya,

How are you doing? Did you exercise? Where do you go swimming?

I didn't exercise today, I didn't feel that great.

What are you crocheting? Or are you just learning the stiches?

I used to make things all the time, but it seems like I never have time anymore... not sure why but I always seem to have things going on.

Have a good night and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Summer
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: ##
Stats: ##/##/##
BF:
Progress: 12%

Summer - I go swimming at the gym, it's great to have it all in one place, however I did not go tonight - just don't feel very well, hopefully this will pass soon (TOM).

I learned some stitches in crochet when I was a little girl, but never made anything and this weekend I bought a beginners book and crocheted a whole aphgan - not sure what happened to me, I guess I felt the need to be creative - wow!! hope that doesn't happen to horribly often - I was obsessed!!

I do think it will be nice to crochet this winter though, I get so bored around here in the winter, so this will give me something to keep my hands busy!

Probably won't be on tomorrow night, but will post on Wednesday - hope you have a great couple of days!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 06:19

BF:

Hi Tanya,

Wow, you must have been obsessed - you're already done with an afghan? That is impressive.

It's TOM for me too. I feel huge and stressed. Hopefully I'll feel better once it's over.

I didn't post last night either. BUT, I did walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes - even though I didn't feel like it. Then I had some cooking to do (made hb eggs for breakfasts - I make them in adv) and I baked some chicken for lunches - but I didn't bring my lunch today because I just didn't feel like making anything else. All I wanted to do was get on the couch. I'll have to either get a salad or eat an Advantage bar for lunch.

I'm at work now - so I'll talk to you later.

Summer
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 22:21
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Summer - sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days - just been working and feeling exhausted - oh well it will pass. I know that I was obsessed I look at the afghan and think - how in the world did I finish it - nervous energy I guess! I should have been working out instead - oh well.

How was your day? Mine was not real good - still having trouble getting back on track, but it will happen. I need to go buy groceries for one thing. I live in this little town that has a grocery store, but charges an arm and a leg so need to get to Sioux Falls.

Well I best get going to bed - I will write more tomorrow!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 06:15

BF:

Hi Tanya,

Hope you got some rest. Will you have time to shop today? Having the "right" foods available definetly makes this WOL easier.

I'm tired today too. My bf has a horrible cold - and he was up coughing all night which resulted in me being awake too. I sounds awful and I know he's miserable - I've been giving him cough syrup which doesn't seem to be helping. But I need some sleep!

The last 2 nights I haven't been able to get online so what little posting I'm doing I do during the day. I hope I'll have some time to get online tonight.

Talk to you soon.

Summer
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 21:25
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Summer - sorry to hear about your bf's cold - it's definetly going around here too - I've heard so many people talking about colds - I don't want one!! Anyways, hope he feels better soon.

Do you need help because your not having a good week? or just because you are tired? I hope your week is well, I did go buy groceries tonight, so tomorrow will be much better! I know that I need to keep things on hand, but I end up getting so low on groceries and that's what gets me alot of the time. I read Dr. Atkins new book - not sure how "new" it is, but new to me, it was informative and I learned things that I'm not sure were in the old one, or maybe you just learn more the second time around. Anyways, I plan to add more variety to my veggies, for some reason I think lettuce and that's about it - and I get so bored with lettuce - especially from home. So I bought some brocoli and green beans - sad that I'm excited about those isn't it??

Well I suppose I better check the rest of the posts - hope your week is going well and you get some much needed rest - talk to you later
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 06:24

BF:

Hi Tanya,

Oh, I'm so glad it's Friday! I think my comment about needing help was related to not losing for so long - I haven't had a loss since 08/10/02. Now that TOM is gone I'm hoping I'll see a loss. I am going to try to exercise more too. I've been doing 4x a week for 30 minutes each time. I guess that is not enough. Some weeks I get in 5x but I think I need to do it for a longer duration each time. So I am going to try that this weekend - even if I have to do it in 2 30 minute segments - once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I've done this before, but not consistently.

My bf is a little better today, hope he well enough tomorrow so we can do something. Saturday is going to be a nice day, but Sunday we are supposed to get rain.

I tend to eat the same veggies over and over too. Salad, broccoli, green beans and coleslaw. But mostly salad.

Have a good day.

Summer
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 06:45
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Summer - sorry about the slow weight loss, I know how frustrating that can be. Maybe it's from the exercise? I think that you should be proud of going 4 times/week - that is great! I've found in the past that I don't lose right away with exercise and then all of the sudden I will see a 4lb loss - so hopefully that will come for you soon. Also after my TOM I usually lose - maybe it's just that you are losing inches right now- whatever the case, keep up the great work and the rewards will follow.

I am going to exercise today before work, I feel so much better with exercise - more energy, less hungry, etc. It's been raining here for the last two days - kind of nice, but hard to get outside to do much. Was hopeing to get some yard work done - guess I will have to just stay inside today and clean the house - yeah

Hope you have a great weekend - I work so not sure how much I will get to post, but will try!
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 18:44

BF:

Hi Tanya,

How are you doing? I'm good. My bf is alot better and we went shopping together today - not his favorite activity but he said he'd come and who am I to argue. But that meant no exercise for me today and I didn't exercise yesterday either. I'm definetly have to make up for it tomorrow.

I weighed this morning and I lost the weight I had gained from TOM. I'm hoping I'm going to have a LOSS soon.

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day - so I figure I'll have plenty of time to exercise and make some LC stuff for lunches. I already took a roast out of the freezer for dinner. I'm planning to stay in and not do much else.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Summer
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 20:08
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Summer how are you? It seems like it's been ages since I've been on the computer - but just a couple of days I guess - when I work nights I lose track of time.

So how did your weekend go? Did you get in some exercise? I hope so - I didn't, but I will have to work really hard this week now.

Haven't been doing real well with the eating - but not completely overboard either - so will work harder at that as well.

Hope all is well with you and I will write more tomorrow!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 17:31

BF:

Hi Tanya,

I did exercise both Sunday and yesterday. I took today off. Both days I did 40 minutes and felt like I got a workout. Now I realize I probably haven't been doing enough. So I'm going to maintain the 40 minutes and work on getting up to an hour.

I did have a good weekend last weekend. Did lots of shopping. Got some xmas gifts already and bought myself some new clothes. I know I should wait until I lose more weight, but I can't control myself! LOL

How was your weekend? Do you always work on the weekend?

So, what's going on with your food? How many carbs a day are you having? You've got to get low enough to get into ketosis.

Talk to you soon.

Summer
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 05:53

BF:

Hi Tanya,

How are you doing? I'm OK. Looking forward to the weekend... I know I am wishing my life away but life is just so much better when you don't have to work!

I've been doing well with my exercise. I am really hoping for a loss this weekend.

Have a good day.

Summer
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 18:15

BF:

Hi Tanya,

How are you? Nicole mentioned that you went away, where did you go? Vacation I hope.

I'm doing OK. I finally lost another pound!!! I am happy even though it's only one, I was way overdue.

Summer