Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 08:42

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

I hear that on the mind body thing. My cardio today is going to have to be after my WO after work. I was up past 1 am not able to sleep. Add that on top of being short sleep all week and I was just too wasted.

Cheers,
Friday
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 09:39
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Didn't do anything yesterday. I didn't have the energy. Hubby had to do up the supper dishes as I wasin bed before 8:30. Not sure what was wrong with me.

Up early this morning. Did 25 min. of tae-bo and about 8 on weights.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 11:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Woke up at 4:00 a.m. to 2 cats -- one purring in my ear and the other one pouncing on my feet. Put them out of my bedroom, shut the door, and went back to sleep until 4:30. I did manage to drag myself up and out to the pool then. Did 30 min. pool jogging. It's been hot here, so the water was very warm -- 92 degrees! And the air was so heavy with humidity that it's hard to increase my laps -- takes a lot to just match the last few days. So, it was an okay workout, but certainly not spectacular. Will do UBWO and abs after work.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 16:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Looks like a few of you have been keeping up. I've been out of commission, but will start again on Saturday.

Have had migraines all week. Part is due to monthly hormonal imbalance), the other part I'm pretty sure is because of a few planned treats that ended up being too much for my body to handle. Corn on the cob (1 cob), a couple small slices garlic bread, a bit of mashed potatoes, a couple of Russel Stouffer chocolates, and grapes all since Saturday is way too much in one week (and a few illegal but planned goodies). This for me is final definite confirmation that too much sugar/starchy food triggers my migraines. Interestingly enough, I ran into someone this week who is sugar free and in the discussion discovered that he too gets migraines from sugar. It seems my assumption about one of my migraine triggers was not so way off base, as it happens to others. The other trigger I can't do anything about until I'm thru menopause It least it doesn't happen every month anymore.
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 16:33

BF:

Sounds like we're all having a rough time this week. Yesterday, due to being up til 1:30, I got up at 6 instead of 5 and wrote myself an IOU for the cardio. Then last night, I carefully reset my alarm for 5 again..... and forgot to turn it on. DOH. Good news is, I slept from 9 to 6 and I feel a lot better. Bad news is, now I have 2 IOUs to work off, lol.

I'll be there tomorrow tho!

Cheers,
Friday

Last edited by fridayeyes : Thu, Jul-18-02 at 16:38.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 06:27

BF:

Friday -- glad you caught up on your sleep -- seems like your body needed that more than the exercise.

Angela -- Hope you're feeling better!

Seems like it's been a bad week for almost everyone! I did manage to roll out of bed this morning. 4:30 a.m.: 30 min. pool jogging; 360 Tae-Bo kicks/punches in pool. Tomorrow is a day off -- I'm making my grandaughter's birthday cake for your 1st birthday!! Sunday I might have to do cardio later in the day -- don't know if I'll have time 1st thing in the a.m. -- depends on what time I get up -- no alarm -- sleep until I wake up on my own!
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Jul-19-02, 06:54

BF:

Peg, congrats to the little one! OOoh, I love no alarm days! I ususally get one each week - Saturday. This week, I'm delaying my carb-up a bit so that I can take do a make-up round of am cardio Sat morn and then take measurements before the carb-up forces about 4 lbs of water into my system!

I'm back this morning, btw. 30 mins BDWO. I love the way it loosens up my neck and spine. Very good antidote for how tight I get from my lifting. Next week, I even think I'm going to do it wearing this little belled hip-chain I have! Eeek!

Cheers,

Friday
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 05:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default I'm Back

After almost a week off, I'm back and feeling better. The bout of headaches seems to be over.

Did a 35 minute power walk at 6am and feel wonderful.

No alarm days??? My natural internal clock has me wide awake and raring to go at about 5 am every morning. I rarely need the alarm, although I do set it every night. For me, sleeping in is sleeping til 6am.

Here's hoping you guys have a great weekend, and can find the time for your cardio.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 05:46

BF:

Angela, glad you're feeling better! I used to wake up early on my own also -- sleeping in was sleeping past 6:00 a.m. until a few months ago. I don't know what happened, but now I can easily sleep until 8:00 or even sometimes later on the weekends. I dont' get enough sleep during the week, and by the weekend I'm exhausted and need to catch up.

Monday: 4:30 a.m., 30 min. pool jogging (80 laps); 360 Tae-Bo kicks/punches. It was great out there -- still humid, though -- my glasses steamed up solid and I had to take them off!. It's supposed to start cooling down here tonight. I'll probably need to use the treadmill for most of the rest of the week if the weather forcast is accurate. Lows in the 50's -- that's a little too cold for me to run in the pool -- I can maybe do mid 60's if the water temp is warm, but 50's is too low. It's supposed to stay cool until Friday, then warm back up.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 06:38

BF:

Good Morning all!

I'm in! 15 mins brisk walk inthe hills PLUS 20 mins BDWO. DO I rock or what??

Note: It is very hard to practice one's sultry looks while stepping on the baby's Legos!

I think my body has adjusted to this. I feel way too perkey for the hour.

Cheers!

Friday

Last edited by fridayeyes : Mon, Jul-22-02 at 06:52.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 09:14

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Well, I didn't join in sooner b/c I took last week off from exercising but I am feeling good this week and ready to start. I usually get in 3-4 Am cardio sessions per week. I would prefer 4 but sometimes the knees don't allow it.

This AM I did 25 mins on the elliptical trainer and burned 302 calories.

Linda
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 15:52

Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

I spent last Thursday through Sunday in a hotel in Philadelphia at an American Sewing Guild meeting and had no chance to do my morning workout. I got home last night at 11 pm knowing I'd never be able to get up early today.

So I can't wait to get up tomorrow and start again! I really missed the exercise and the great energy surge it gives me for the entire day.

On Thursday morning I had lost another pound and it was still gone when I weighed myself this morning!

Karla
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 16:34

BF:

Hi, Karla!

Saw your post onthe am cardio sticky thread. Permission to drink coffee helped get me in here too! In fact, it's helping my WO in more ways than one. I have to do hip isolations for my bellydancing, and the easiset way to really make sure my upper body stays still is to try to drink my coffee while doing them. It's amazing what body parts automatically behave when spilling coffee is at risk! And I'm also finding myself doing dance moves while going through the rest of my morning routine. Hubby doesn't seem to mind tho! LOL

Cheers,

Friday

Last edited by fridayeyes : Tue, Jul-23-02 at 06:51.
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 17:33
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I'm here...I'm here!!

Yikes...did a great workout on Friday and had company all weekend. I didn't get any exercises in today as I was trying to get my house back in order and my final assignments in.
I am trying to get ready for our last stint of holidays so I will be gone for about 10 days starting on friday. I do plan on doing them everyday this week and I am bringing my weights along with me...I just feel so good about myself AFTER I finish a session. It's getting started that takes a while...lol.

I gotta run as more company is just walking through the front door...yikes....

cin
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 21:10

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default I'm in!

Yes, I've been slacking on the AM cardio since I moved ... with getting settled in and all. Last week was a hell-week full of chaos and stress. Only made it to the gym ONCE last week. LOL. No good. Wrote it as my "off week" since I can't remember that last time I took a full week off from the gym ...

Anyway, it was a wake-up call, and I was back in the gym this morning.

25 minutes of AM cardio on the Lifefitness Crosstrainer. Burned 340 cals. Did a few intervals from the 13 minute to the 20 minute mark. Let me body guide me as to how intense I should go.

Felt really good, and now I am back on track!

Starting next month, I am adding in some high-intensity sprint work in the AMs to really pull out all the stops for my fat loss since August is the last month in my current CKD cycle, and I HAVE to have my bf% down near 6% ... so August is gonna be hardcore city for me in terms of weight training (gonna switch to supersets), diet (cutting calories back a touch), cardio (metabolic activation), and supplements.