Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 16:52

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Thanks for FlaxOMeal!

Thanks Julee for coming up with this product!

I really missed oatmeal but didn't want the carb reactions...this is really the ticket. It's so cold outside and that butter pecan hits the spot! I've just ordered more, as well as other flavors and am hoping I don't over enjoy the chocolate since it's on its way out! Funny though that the texture was described the same as I felt a little slimy...I thinned it out, added cream & butter & had no problem getting use to it!

Looking forward to more products like you pancake mix and cookies to come!

Bsayne
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 19:23

Plan: Metabolic diet
Stats: 310/190/150
BF:
Progress:

I'm glad you like the cereal so much. :-) (I do, too...you would not BELIEVE how much of it I still eat) One thing about flax is that it can get slimy if you microwave it. Best to pour in boiling water, stir and wait for a minute or two. Cream or half and half helps, too, and improves the taste and texture. (what DOESN'T improve with cream??? LOL) The pancake mix is only available right now at lowcarb mall, but in the next few days all the big lowcarb sites will have it. Thanks again for ordering the cereal!
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 20:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Lightbulb VERY interesting.....

So, dear Julee, I'll put on my moderator hat for a bit and ask:
does this new Pancake Mix have a spiffy name like the Flax0meal does ?

I may have to start a whole new thread for it... do tell
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-01, 11:29

BF:
Progress:

Hello there Ms. Moderator!!! :-)
The pancake and waffle mix is under our FlaxOmeal line of products. We decided that because flax is such a wonder food, and because we all need it for essential fatty acids and fiber, that we would have a whole line of stuff under our registered trademark, FlaxOmeal. I do believe that next comes our FlaxOmeal Pizza & Calzone Mix (oh, man is it good, but then I may be biased....LOL) and then on the drawing board are cookie kits, as well as savory bread machine mixes in 3 flavors....all flax based. By next summer we will have released the next 3 products and be ready to release the ice cream, I hope! That is NOT flax based. <grin> It does have the Daskalides chocolate in it, the most amazing sugar free candy in the world. How does lowcarb chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate and almaretto cream pieces strike ya??? :-) I can't WAIT for those taste tests!!! LOL
Thanks Judi for your interest!
Happy Holidays and Happy Lowcarbing, Julee
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 20:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/134/116
BF:
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up

Julee,
Flaxomeal is a great product! I have tried the chocolate and butter-pecan so far. Your business is bound to grow (are you looking for investors, by any chance?). When it does, I hope you'll consider going back to producing the chocolate version, as I'm sure it will have a following, albeit perhaps smaller than that of the other flavors.
BTW, congratulations on your impressive weight-loss stats!
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 21:51

BF:
Default Help Pancake mix question!

I just got my long awaited refills of my Flax-O-Meal...and my new pkg of pancake mix...serving size is 2....directions are for 8...do they bot mix well in smaller qtys? Can you freeze? Don't want to waste my mix experimenting so pls advise...

Thanks for the Butter pecan...It is my all time favorite!

Bsayne
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 09:03

BF:
Progress:

Hi There....
Yes, you can cut the recipe in half for 4 pancakes instead of 8. The mix does not keep well once it's mixed as the flax changes the texture as it sits. However, you CAN go ahead and use all the batter for the recipe and then refridgerate the leftover pancakes. They will keep 2-3 days, just microwave them. We've never tried freezing them but I'll bet that works just fine, too. Hope this helps! Julee
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 09:09

BF:
Progress:

Thanks Ali!
No plans to bring back the chocolate flavor as of yet, but if we get enough requests we certainly will. No need for investors though. :-) (we are a debt free company owned completely by myself and 3 partners) If you are really interested in investing in the specialty food business (and it can be a great place to invest) you may want to geta list of manufacturers in your area and see if they are in any need of that.
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 16:59

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Chocolate

HI

My 4 bags of chocolate were delivered and I could not wait to try it. I opened one bag and it smelled devine...........Chocolate heaven.

I made it and it looked like baby p_ _ ps!! I tried adding butter, cream and nothing improved it. My daughter refused to eat it and she loves chocolate.

Suggestions?
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 18:00

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%

SPLENDA!!!
The flax o meal is not sweetened. i can't wait to try chicken breaded with the butter pecan

hey julee, if your out there. i'm in bit of an argument with the bf and my naturalist. they are saying once the flax is ground and by the time i'm eating it, the essential oils are pretty much gone. please back me up here and give me info to fight back. right now my only defense is that it is in a foil container and i keep it in the fridge, tightly sealed.
thanks,
bren
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-02, 23:06

BF:
Progress:

Yep, the chocolate flavor needs doctored much more than the others. We used fine bakers chocolate and it's unsweetened, so Splenda helps a LOT! Butter, cream and making it not to thick helps, too. I loved the chocolate....now even I can't get it! (I knew I should have copped a few bags when we decided to discontinue it! LOL)
On the benefits of flaxseed meal vs freshly ground flax.....here's the scoop. We get our naturally grown flaxseed meal from Canada where it is freshly ground. It's immediately mixed with the other ingredients and bagged. NOTHING sits around in our warehouse for more than a few days, if that. As long as you don't cook flaxseed meal it retains all the goodness of freshly ground flax. That's why we say to add hot water to the cereal instead of adding water and then microwaving. Cooking flax WILL take some of the benefits away. And that's the straight dope on it. We say on the bag to refridgerate to preserve freshness and it does. Also, you might tell your boyfriend that our flaxseed meal comes in light protected bags, sealed tightly and guaranteed to be fresh. Hope this helps some! :-)
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 15:57

BF:
Default Chocolate Flax-O-Meal

Splenda helps as does Sugar Free Caramel syrup, or other flavors I'm sure. Started that after maple in the butter pecan was so very good. The Hot water/not nuking it was the best tip I've found so far though it really helps the texture!

Thanks Julee for the feedback on the pancakes will try soon!

Beth
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 14:39

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Quick Question

Julee:

Hi!

I purchased 4 bags of the chocolate Flax o Meal and opened one which is in the fridge. Should I place the others in the freezer or store them in my pantry until I open them? Please let me know.

Thanks again,

P
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:26

BF:
Default Hi Flax-o-Meal fan!

In the freezer sit my other unopened and extra selections of Flax-O-Meal for best keep per Julee in an earlier post...I believe she said for a year!

Bsayne
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:44
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%

For absolute best quality over time, keep the unopened bags of FlaxOmeal Hot Cereal in the freezer. Same deal on the Pancake Mix. Even on the shelf we guarantee freshness for a year, but in the freezer they will keep even longer. Hope this helps!
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee