Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#556   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-23, 04:20

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, yikes. nothing worse than that, so glad ya got thru it and home to relax. Now rest up! Hope ya do feel better this morning but sick wipes most of us out for days, so chill best ya can.

Hey Jazz and Nicco.....updates, but Nicco you are traveling so very safe travels to you.

--------------nothing doing. bank appt at 10. home for usual crap to handle. focus on rv a bit. trip over April spring break to beach for kiddo will eventually come seems forever away before first trip to get the hell out of Dodge.

all good, just doing.
Sponsored Links
  #557   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-23, 04:45

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Tue- but (MY MONDAY)-

I work the next five days. Thankfully my boss likes me. I work hard when I am there. I was slated to take off Thurs. as my day off because I work Saturday AGAIN. However, since I was off yesterday, I will just work the next 5 days straight. I won't lost any $$ over it either which is a good thing. I will just be tired!

Lori- Holy Cow!! I didn't see "that" coming! You know it is so easy to end up with these secondary infections due to flu, Covid, pollen, sinus garbage. I am glad they are going to call you something in. You might want to add Mucinex to that mix- it truly is a life saver and you can take it with anything. It is dries up and unclogs you fast without any side effects. Get the plain ol Mucinex without the "flu" component. You can get the extra strength and only take it once every 12. Add that to a Zpack you will feel better in about 2 days.

So glad you didn't hit the ground! Feet up darling and go nowhere for a day or two! Send that hubby of yours to fetch you whatever!

Trig- I bet your house did smell amazing with ribs in the oven! I was watching this show about foods from around the world. One episode was only on meat. There is a restaurant in Greece called "MEAT AND FIRE". They are known for open fire grilled meats of all kinds! The guy reviewing was blown away and said he felt very primal! I thought it looked amazing. I love the name too- meat and fire!

Yup- full blown pollen season here too! Skeeters are out too I might add. Do you have "No See ums"- there. They are smaller than knats with razor teeth. They bite and swarm. They SUCK! My leg got chewed. I think they are only coastal.

Got that swimming pool uncovered yet?

Nic- You back and tuckered out? I have to tell you........ going back to the above show- Foods from around the world. I also saw where you were! They did a segment on the Borough Market in London. They filmed it all- and all the food, bread, and stuff there. According to the show you have to be authentic in the food and bread, and fish and whatever you sell. It has to be high end. It looked pretty AMAZING.
Also, they did a small walking tour of London- I was shocked at how crowded it was! I have always thought of London as a quaint small town in Europe! Oh no it is not! It is huge with wall to wall people, at least when they were filming. It was from last year. I did find the "flats" interesting as there are many above the street shops.
I would love your thoughts about the market! I also had no idea just how important artisan bread making is there! They love their bread, wine, and oil and fish! My kind of place! Tea of course!

I bet you are glad though to be home!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yup- still up my 4 pounds from inflammation. I am going back to "boot camp" "reboot" "Get back up on the horse"- whatever you want to call it. Need to flush and get back on track.

I got a recipe from "Steak and Butter Gal" - for a very BASIC hamburger egg drop soup. BASIC. Hers was meatball, I just made ground beef and added water and egg drop.
It was believe it or not, AMAZING. I did use salt, pepper and smoked paprika. no garlic, or onions. I did leave the fat in the water for taste.

I am going BBBE for the next - however long it takes to reboot. Hamburger soup fits that bill. I also have hard boiled eggs. I am going to cut the fish, all condiments, and only spice will be as mentioned- Salt, pepper, smoked paprika. I looked at the ingredient list for chili powder- it has onion and garlic- OFF the list. I am going so basic.

Soup it is, or burgers, steak, or eggs. I made burgers too for today. I need this bloat gone and get back to feeling amazing. I know how it feels now. I love that "feeling"- need it back.

Yup- back to work. I put in a few applications yesterday. I am shocked at the salaries here vs the cost of living. Yup- looking at the NEXT! I can come back and visit! I love every beach though. I have not met a beach I didn't love something about it!

Not this week but next week I am flying back to Atl. For two days for a doctor appt, see family and back here. I am slated to see the "kids" too! Fingers crossed nobody gets sick in the meantime.

That is, it for me- next 5 days will be work- eat- sleep- walk dog - repeat. LOLOLOL

Off to shower and off to work. I am thinking car done today- it was delayed a day.
We'll see.

Hope you all have a wonderful- HEATHLY and Relaxing day!
  #558   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-23, 07:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Still feeling WAY lousy. Started the Zpack yesterday. My patience is wearing thin. I'm afraid to take Mucinex, though I know it works for so many. I took Mucinex DM a number of years ago and it caused me uncontrollable diarrhea. I mean....no pain, just all of the sudden total evacuation. Shocking. I think it might have been the DM component....just scared of it now.

Betty is making noises about coming home. DH is leaning that way too. I just want to run away. Apparently a couple nurses came into her room yesterday and asked her if she was going home and telling her that they work overnights and could take care of her at home. She is doing well mentally, but physically, she's the same. It's unbelievable how she has bounced back. I was so sick last night when DH started telling me all this and I told him I want nothing to do with it and he can figure it all out. I wish I could stick to that, but I know in the end I'll end up having to do most of the planning and figuring out what to do. I'd like to just disappear. I'm tired....sick and tired.

Sorry for all my moaning and groaning. I just don't know where we're headed at this point.
  #559   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-23, 12:58

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Pals! I'm back stateside!

Lori, huge, huge, huge hugs to you. If you can arrange it, you really need to just not run errands or do anything for a few days. Just rest and read, watch YouTube and give your body some time to heal. I'm telling you, you can really relapse yourself if you don't give yourself that time. In the long run you will save time by giving it time.

I cannot even believe that there is a suggestion that Betty return home. The fact is, she is completely unable to do even the slightest amount of self-care. I think those things are easy for other people to recommend, but not if they are the ones that have to be doing the work. I would be absolutely sick of that as well and I don't blame you one bit. Betty is a lovely person, but she is not able to do anything on her own at all. And all those people saying they would help may or may not come through, and they also might be out to take advantage in some way as well.

Trig, yay for trip planning in April! I know that sounds like a long way off to you, but I know full well how close it is. I know I'll have a great time on my trip to Ireland, but we are leaving in the beginning of April and it sounds way too close for me!

Those country ribs sound amazing. I might go pick some up for this week. I have pulled crab legs from the freezer for dinner and I had a burger salad for lunch and a little bit of bacon for breakfast. Since I've been eating all kinds of random foods on this trip, I'm putting myself straight back on some high protein, low carb foods to get myself back in order again.

By the way, if you do have Amazon prime, they have a program where you can order seven items and they mail it all to you and then you try them on and mail back whatever you don't want. You're only charged for what you end up keeping.. as long as you send things back in time it's an excellent way to try on prom dresses, and I found my mother of the bride dress that way.

Jazz, you crack me up thinking London is a quaint town! London is a huge metropolitan city similar to something like Chicago or even New York City in scale. They have two international airports, and they have the West End for Broadway shows just like we have Broadway in New York City.

Borough Market is very fun. That being said, we went on a weekday the first time. Then we returned for a second time on the weekend, and it was an absolute and utter mob scene. It was horrible and we left very quickly. We won't be doing that again on the weekends!

We had fish and chips on the second day that we were at Borough Market. We also bought duck wraps on the first day which were incredible – we had had those when we were at borough market a few years before.

We also got a baguette and some mushroom paté. That mushroom paté was outstanding! So flavorful, and I would love to learn to make it because it would be so delicious with steak or chicken or fish. We also brought back four donuts from a very popular bakery and ate those over the course of the four days that we were there. They were fine but nothing earth shattering. That's part of the fun of traveling though, at least for us, is trying new things. One of the things I discovered last time I was in London is something called pastel de Nata, and those are amazing. I have never even heard of them before being in London.

We also had cream tea while we were in London, at Harrods. A cream tea is a smaller version of a "big" or Afternoon Tea. A cream tea comes with your choice of a hot drink, be it coffee or tea, and two scones per person with clotted, cream and fresh strawberry jam. It is to die for! We did a full tea while we were in Oxford, which was the scones with clotted, cream and jam, but it also comes with finger sandwiches and a selection of small pastries.

Anyway, great trip! We used the Tube like Bosses and just rocked it. Absolutely fantastic trip from start to finish, no complaints.

Kid news- K and B are starting to get packed up. The inspection is tomorrow and hopefully everything is good, and they'll be ready to go! I am so shocked and amazed that this is all happening so fast for them. Fingers crossed on the inspection.

DS 24 had some amazing news while we were gone as well. University of Virginia came through with a 75% tuition offer which was utterly and completely shocking. He didn't know if they would offer him anything at all. I think they are a lead contender for him.

On the other hand, he just texted me today and Vanderbilt upped their offer to a full tuition scholarship for him for the entirety of law school, valued at 200,000$. So he really has some amazing choices to make. Vanderbilt wants an answer by April 3. I am just so incredibly thrilled for both of them!

Did not to leave out DS 21, he actually texted and then called while I was in line at customs in the DC airport. He had his first information systems 200 level class exam and scored an 81 with the average being in the low 60s so he was really happy with himself and of course I'm very happy for him!

So all is well, it was also sort of amazing to realize that we traveling internationally for the first time with all the kids being full on legal adults. Not having to worry about what would happen with DS21 if we went down in a ball of flames. lol

Everything is unpacked, I went through and sorted the mail, paid the bills, and did all of the laundry, which is all put away. So a good start on everything being back in order before I head out to Atlanta on Sunday! DH is going to visit his dad and mom tonight and so it's just me with the crab legs after all!

Ok, headed off to get more done xoxox

Last edited by niccofive : Tue, Mar-07-23 at 14:30.
  #560   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-23, 16:53

BF:

WELOCME BACK NIC!!!!!!!!!!!! - Loved LOVED LOVED your post!
Yeah silly me to think London was SMALL!

Food sounds AMAZING. Yup, to getting back on LC train! It is amazing how fast carb creep and those 2-3 pound jumps happen. But your on it!

WOW and WOW on Vanderbilt! Holy smokes! Is that the best offer yet? I sure would be looking at that one. Not to mention a great area! Your old stomping grounds. How awesome to get out of school with a huge degree and Zero debt.

You kids are forging their way and what a job they are doing!!!!! All of them!!!!!!!

You going to Atlanta to see your mom?
I am off crab legs due to the amount of bloat and salt last time I ate them! I dunno- shrimp doesn't do that.

rest up and happy you are back in your nest. Send pics when you can!

Lori- OMG and OMG HELL no! Betty is exactly where she should be period. Draw your line in the sand.
You can you know. She is doing well BECAUSE OF WHERE she is. She has no business being alone ever again at this point. Dealing with caregivers and all that mess. Put your foot down. One word NO.
You and hubby have done more than enough. I would be furious, no way at this point, and it's unsafe going forward. I am going to keep my trap shut now.
I know you gotta do what your family decides- but dear goodness- enough already. OK, now I will shut up. LOLOLOL

I sure how you get to feeling better soon. - HUGS And BIGS HUGS to you. Girl- think of only your right now and your health.
rest and soup, and repeat!

Trig- what did you do today?!?!?!?! I wanted to be outside!
---------------------------------------------------------
Left over hamburger soup! It was good. Hit the spot. Work was crazy busy.

About to put up feet! RELAX for few hours and hit repeat.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Mar-07-23 at 17:10.
  #561   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-23, 18:06

BF:

I think I could start to feel better if I could get rid of this horrible sinus congestion headache and drainage. The headache makes me dizzy at times from the pressure.

I'm fighting a losing battle with wanting Betty to stay where she is. I'm going to have to deal with it. We had a talk with social services at the nursing home today and I told the director about the 2 overnight nurses who approached Betty about her going home and that they could take care of her. She was shocked and appalled. I told her that I was very unhappy about it. She evidently went in to Betty and asked who these nurses were. When DH went to see Betty about an hour ago, she was upset that the "girls" were going to be in trouble and that it was just a conversation etc. The thing is, we don't know who these girls are and if they are trustworthy or what. They may just be trying to get into her house and then who knows what? We won't be hiring them even if we do bring her home. The social svcs lady said she has a list of care givers and will help us get what we need.

I talked to "M" and she is willing to come back and help me again. I just didn't want to have to do it anymore....you know? I told DH this afternoon that I'm ready to just get in my car and drive.

Enough of that. I just have to accept it and let it go. Laying awake at night worrying is not helping me get over this illness.

More moaning and groaning from me. Some day I hope to have something more interesting to post about!
  #562   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-23, 04:59

BF:

Good Wed. Morning

Lori- I am surely going to give this a rest, as I am sure you don't want my thoughts on the matter. However, let me say you and your hubby DO HAVE THE FINAL SAY at this point if Betty stays. She is safe and cared for there. For her to be taken out of a 24/7 facility at this point is a danger to herself. I mean at some point we (meaning those that care for oldies) need to take that stand. There is nothing wrong with doing that. I would think at her age she would be grateful and be quiet.

But truly you and your hubby do hold the ACE here. Time to use it.
I support you in whatever happens- but truly I would be upset for you if she tries to bully her way home. She needs to be there period. I as a case manager would NOT ALLOW that discharge as it is unsafe, it would be my license on the line.
She can moan and groan all she wants. She has had her time and then some from you. Goodness!!!!! Your hubby needs to back you and that will be that. You truly do not have to take her "home"- she is where she needs to be, and she truly will adjust. OK now I will close my trap!!!!

I truly know how upsetting all of this is. Add the fact you ended up with Covid to boot! Girl if you were here, I would swoop you up and give you a pamper day!
Sure, hope that antibiotics kicks in soon. Are there other meds for congestion you can take? Thura flu maybe? Vicks vaper?

Oh Lori, I am sending hugs and more hugs. You have the ACE.... :hugs: :hugs:

Nic/ Trig
- Hiya ladies!!!!!! see prior post. Waiting for check in. I bet Nic you are tired! When are you going to Atl? That was a quick blip mention.
------------------------------------------------------------

OMG I went to bed last night at 830. Fell asleep listening to a Jason Fung podcast on fasting and diabetes. I can't tell you a thing he said!

Munched on my hamburger patty for a snack and then had leftover hamburger "soup" for dinner yesterday. You know it wasn't bad. It totally took away any craving as it had no "tasty" factor. It was something to fill me up and move on in my day- nothing more.

Today is going to be a repeat of yesterday. I have just enough "soup" for dinner. Will take a boiled egg in for light snack and keep on moving.

Thinking about June already. It is truly 13 weeks away and this last "tour" will be up.
I was scouting the jobs already on the travel boards. I need to have in my mind where Next will be so I can put in a slot. I am going to take one more travel gig as the $$ is too good to pass up.
This has been a lower end $$ more of a working vacay for me. Next will be a nest egg- and I could care less where I go as long as I am in a safe spot. I have done my "sight seeing. Time to stack for a minute!

Gotta run-
Thinking about ya Lori!!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Mar-08-23 at 05:04.
  #563   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-23, 06:37

BF:

Nicco, wow on all 'the kids' news but with your group I can't even think as much of them as kids now but super great young adults functioning all so well with shiny bright futures!!!! I bet as parents you guys are in a 'feeling the worry less' zone I worry over my kiddo who is vaulting now out of 'kiddo' into 'what?' young adult? scares the heck outta me HAHA Super duper happy your 'kiddos' are doing so darn well and what opportunities, ALL of this is because of you and your hubby!!

Cream tea. I love the 'fancy of it all' as only Brits can air their lives ya know. Cream tea. High tea. Put the kette on! Eating a full English breakfast and more. Sounds like your trip went off so well and such great memories

yea high protein low carb. smart and you will feel your old self again soon. Your crab legs, you know I get jelly when I read about what good prices you are still getting. I am shocked me being in a 'more poor' location that they aren't staying lower still but my stores are so limited and lately alot of stores are not offering any higher priced stuff. Can't find a lobster to be sold anyway and crab legs are 'gone' from normal sales too. Anything higher cost no one will buy is being deleted from the aisles so basically my shopping in my area is getting sadder and sadder. oh well, I will just travel to get my fill of all ya can eat crab HAHA

Jazz, sounds like you are doing well too on your thoughts forward. So you got 13 wks on new job extension, MIGHT check out perm jobs to stay in the area since ya love it too but you also might 'travel out' for a new gig if one hits.....that means moving again in 13 wks maybe? Girl you are the gypsy Good thing Ruger is becoming a 'gypsy' dog right along with ya, lol. Good he is adapting to change better as he ages and is by your side doing better in moves!!

Lori. tough calls now. Hold strong on it all. Think 1000% full care for Betty and make it happen. Coming home is not an option. It is go time to make final calls and find her a good place and get her settled. This 'nurse' chat and more, what the heck? I would be livid too but never let stupid stuff like this make the right call be changed on Betty's future care.

Hope your feeling alot better and that sore throat is improved and more. Better ya feel for you guys the easier thoughts on other crap in life, when one is sicky icky one doesn't make great decisions LOL I know, I been in that situation also. Hang in there, all will be ok.

----------SO bank was good. Got my money making good good money for this crap economic times. I ain't losing money ever, I am making bigger bank as we move forward OK I finally feel more financially secure in our way now. Plus locked in safely. I tell ya older we get the better we gotta hang onto every dime and that dime has to make money, not be lost LOL
OMG I love money yet despise money and financials to no end, but when it all hits perfect for me....omg the relief on it all. Smiling thru the next yrs on how we got all our accts being handled right now. Monkey off the back....relief for sure.

Dealing with stuff around here also. Older I get more I want off me but somehow more is dumped on me? What cosmic F UP is that? HAHA

Need to vacuum. Need to order new ceiling fan online and sent to home to replace living room one. Don't wanna do any of it. Couldn't give a rat's azz on any of it HAHA

today is this and that. whatever. don't care about any of it. what goes down goes down as I now say.....it is ALL what it is and yea will eat up last of pork ribs I got and need to hit grocery. 7.99 ribeyes. I need a frickin' gazillion for my freezer and I am thru the week sale will hit a few stores and bank on getting a crapload of them for me My freezer is getting very low so now is the time to fill up with ribeyes....will be the ribeye queen again very soon LOL

off I go....everyone be well
  #564   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-23, 07:01

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm finally feeling better! I could tell last evening that I was turning the corner. I still have a bit of a sinus headache and some drainage, but the sore throat is gone and I can keep the congestion and headache under control with Advil Cold & Sinus. That has been my go-to for years when I have sinus stuff going on. I still feel weak from being so inactive for almost a week. It'll come back, but I have to be careful to not do too much too soon.

-------

Jaz......Thank you SO much for helping me deal with things and understand the process involved. Betty is not a "bully", but it's more the sad, pathetic thing that DH can't stand up to. We really like the social svcs director and she will help us thru it. We have not made any promises to Betty. DH keeps telling her..."We'll see". I just shared what you said with him and he totally understands that the discharge planner will not approve her to just be taken home and plunked back in her old bed.....which is what she wants. She keeps saying that she doesn't want to be there spending all the money that she wanted us to have. I told her that the best use for her money is to take care of her, but she is still harping about it. Please don't hesitate to share anything else that you think of.....I am open to any and all advice! ((Hugs))

Trig.....Can't wait to hear more about Prom dress shopping!

Nic.....I'm a bit late, but Welcome Home!! What an awesome trip you had. Great news about all your kids and the fantastic things happening in their lives.

-----------

Things are gearing up for the closing on B's house next week. Today we're going to try to arrange an auction company to come and have a look. We also need a "Junk" man to do a major clean out. We really should have done this before now, but it is so overwhelming to think about that we've just kept putting it off. Push is coming to shove.

That's it from here. Fingers crossed that we make some good progress on some planning today.

Thanks for listening friends.
  #565   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-23, 08:43

BF:

super glad you are feeling better but also if Betty is in 'a better mind' as alot of super oldies are not truly.......level with her and stop the emotions from your side to make it all more wonky....but darn if I don't know exactly the feelings you are having...just went thru it all too...it is hard as hell. Not a doubt on that!!!

I got MIL's hoarder home to deal. with outbuildings. a single wide trailer on property that is hoarder and 2 barns filled to the brim and a few big storage outbuildings. the massive 'handle' of this has warped hubbys mind to no end truly so just breath thru it all.......let the estate buyers and junk guys do their thing....if you allow it to happen easily it will go down ok for ya both on the mental game of it. I chat it up with hubby but he wants no engagement yet and I think, denial fixes 0 and it f's us up LOL
I said to hubby you talk to your brother on all that is going down with their mom and he said yes and then he said his bro don't care what he does....in other words, all falls on my hubby with his bro doing squat. yea isn't that the way of families alot of times yet we ALL say family comes first, til one has to pony up and falls so short. I see it all ugh
  #566   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-23, 18:13

BF:

Lori- I want you to call me- private- see your email. It is not a bed issue here it is a safety issue. I can help walk you through this if you want.

Best!!!!!!
  #567   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-23, 19:10

BF:

Thanks Jaz......I will keep your number, but I don't have the head space to deal with it tonight. I did too much today and my dizzy headache has returned. It's only a bit after 8 and I'm ready to go to bed. Just not feeling well.
  #568   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-23, 20:09

BF:

Anytime- and it's truly ok. I know your in a place right now. No worries.
  #569   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-23, 04:00

BF:

HI guys.

Hold strong all, this thing called life ain't gonna kill us just yet we all hope!!

So allergies got my head clogged. Feeling very snotty as usual. Got pollen yellow covering everything now. Hubby said I was snoring like a maniac last night HA I know I was, I woke up with a sore throat. Any time my nose closes and I can't breath thru it I open mouth to breath and snore and I always get a sore throat. Sucked down 2 aspirins fast this morning to help it. Aspirin always heals up a sore throat so fast for me. Bleck. Allergies, here we go again
today is simple. Got a nice ribeye steak from my store having them on sale. grab 26 steaks for freezer. Can we say massive sticker shock on that haul in cost. bleck. but I feel great having them to eat for sure. I needed a ribeye infusion into that freezer for ZC safety!!

ok over and out all.....today is finish up some chores and basically I am taking life easy. I am not in a zippy mood when I woke up. So cruise day for this ol' gal mostly.
  #570   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-23, 05:00

BF:

Good Morning.

I didn't sleep good last night and am wondering if I ate too much butter! Don't laugh! I am trying to adjust my protein down a bit and increase my fat. My gut is not having it.
I had the leftover hamburger "soup" and dropped a 2 pats of butter in it.
Easy in and out!
Can someone say LOW RESIDUAL DIET PLAN! - do I hear an AMEN! goodness............ I will spare you.

So yesterday I had a low census on my case load and was pretty much charted up and people seen, and work was done by 1:30. It made for a long day- but a nice one to get caught up.

Got my car back! It's been a little over a month! Nice to have it back! Granted the Audi was nice but I sure would not own one! Too $$$ for my blood on everything. My little Honda needs an oil change and it will be under a 100 bucks.

Chatted up my DS last night. I know he was hoping this interview he had would pan out, but it is going on 2 weeks now. Hummmmmmmmmm You would think with a master's in engineering he could go anywhere and boom job in hand. NOPE. Just goes to show the market is a rough place right now unless you want to flip burgers.

Speaking of- so I think I told ya I interviewed for the Educator position. I am pretty sure I didn't get that one either. However, I was told by my boss that it was offered to someone who turned it down due to the $$. It pays really low. He told me that even if it was offered, I would take a pay cut by HALF. Yeah- no thanks. No can do here in Charleston.

I am looking at the jobs now in VA- Charlottesville to be exact. I am pretty sure I might head out that way for my NEXT. Not looking to stay- just visit and bank some $$.
You know speaking of Gypsy- you know poor little Ruger is on his 5th residence now and he is not quiet 2! HAHA Seriously!
Pooler/Savannah
Greenville (3 months)
Atlanta (again)
Charleston- 2 spots!
Plus I have taken him to multiple beaches, and over nights in St. Simon. My traveling buddy. He is used to it now. IF a dog could roll their eyes his would be rolling. "Where we going now mom?" LOLOLOL Yup me and the little side kick. I need an RV or Traveling van! House on wheels! Only way to roll. I know of several travel nurses who do just that. That come and park their RV and ZERO except the park fee. Talk about bank! One traveled with a spouse and one gal was single. I don't know how she managed that single, but she did. Big arse truck and all.
I would want an all-inclusive camper sort- kitchen bathroom, shower. I would need a truck. I am not great at towing unless it was small. Which is why I prefer my Honda. Things that make me go hummmmmmmm........

Well coffee is gone. I am dressed- just need to slap on some face paint and I am off like a dirty shirt!

Check in ya'll-

Where are you now Nic?? Lori/ Trig- HIYA
Closed Thread